Difficulty finding genuine HT Reviews!!

Hi,

I've been considering a hair transplant hor a couple of years, but more so ever since my barber got his done last year.  When he said he was going to Turkey I thought he was mad but he was confident he'd done adequate research and was going to a good place.  He went to Dr Cinik and was happy with both the service and the results.  From what I could see it looked good and moved me closer to taking the plunge and going to the same place.  Unfortunately when I looked through the feedback for Dr Cinik most of it seems to be fake! The real ones appear to give a totally different account on what ho expect and a bad account of the service and end results (my Barber maybe was lucky).  This has left me in limbo again as it's a big decision and whilst getting good value in Turkey makes it very appealing I don't want to have the regrets outlined in the negative reviews.  Is there any reviews on here based on genuine experiences or hair clinics that are recommended?  I've noticed Diamond hair clinic seems to get good reviews and suggest it's undertaken by a doctor undertaking one procedure per day, but how do you know if these are genuine reviews (as the reviews have a similar patter)??

I don't like the idea of a hair mill were you're rushed through like a cash cow and they just want your money!

Thanks in advance.

G

Ok so here is the thing with Dr Cinik... yes it’s a hair mill and yes it’s possible to get a good result. But ! It’s no way assured and can really depend on whichever team of techs you have. You can pay more and have Dr Cinik involved In the procedure. But with multiple patients per day it’s obviously limited.

And the chances are it will not be a refined hairline crafted with single grafts. We have seen some very recent cases where we can see doubles and triples in the front  row. 

Do you really want to have any chance of a poorer result when you can choose a better clinic.? It’s really not worth the risk in my opinion.

If you search through the forum for Cinik results you will find many, poor to good. 

Something else to consider is the after care seems non existent. At least a few members have not had decent/any support after the ht is done. Or can get fobbed off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dear @Gareth6969 regarding the Cinik clinic I can speak from direct experience: It is one of the best hair mills, if you decide to go to Cinik you must know that you could get a good result, but it could also be the  contrary and this is where the problems would begin, you will not have any post-operative assistance, as for example you could receive it with Eugenix.  The reliability of a clinic is not assessed there on the basis of the smiles you receive at the clinic upon your arrival before the procedure or with the transfers on board of luxurious Mercedes or the accommodation in good hotels, which you have at Cinik, but from the management.  of the problems that may arise after the procedure, and from this point of view Cinik is zero.  I advise you to look elsewhere, on this forum there are many recommended clinics, look at many threads (they are all authentic) and then make your choice.  Good luck.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I agree with John since finding this forum I’ve found research is the key. Me myself did go to Dr Cinik around 5 months ago and couldn’t be happier but they are mixed reviews from Dr Cinik’s work on this forum. If I’d found this forum before my ht I dare say I would have went to a recommended clinic from here, I simply chose it through real results I had seen. Bit sitting here today I would not change a thing, my hairline is fine with what seems to be only single grafts and density is great from where I started  but I might have just been the lucky one.

Just research and take advice from many on here..... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Newyear newhair said:

Yeah I agree with John since finding this forum I’ve found research is the key. Me myself did go to Dr Cinik around 5 months ago and couldn’t be happier but they are mixed reviews from Dr Cinik’s work on this forum. If I’d found this forum before my ht I dare say I would have went to a recommended clinic from here, I simply chose it through real results I had seen. Bit sitting here today I would not change a thing, my hairline is fine with what seems to be only single grafts and density is great from where I started  but I might have just been the lucky one.

Just research and take advice from many on here..... 

Yes your already looking great at 5 months. And there are plenty of other decent results on the forum. Even a updated one from 2 years ago. I will say they can do good work. It’s just the risk involved people need to be aware of. And the lack of after care/support. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 1

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond,  I'll certainly have a detailed look through the forum to try and find a suitable place.  Interestingly my neighbours turkish barber got a procedure done for £500!!! He offered to introduce me and talk through his experience being a local.........but I just can't help but think I'd be getting it done at the back of a kebab shop! Lol  I'd definitely prefer to pay a few grand and get a decent result carried out by a reputable practitioner.

• Haha 1

• Administrators

I outline the steps in this video

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

39 minutes ago, Gareth6969 said:

I assume that the Turkish/Indian based clinics are generally significantly cheaper i.e £2-3k versus £6-10k.

Eugenix (India) have some very good options depending on the Dr. But it’s all relevant, they are classed as one the most expensive in the country. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gareth6969 said:

I assume that the Turkish/Indian based clinics are generally significantly cheaper i.e £2-3k versus £6-10k.

The price depends on the extent of your hair loss.

2 hours ago, Gareth6969 said:

pretty much yeah. I've read the UK is pretty expensive for what you get and the quality isn't necessarily up there with places like continental Europe with guys like Freitas and Couto doing insanely good work.

• Like 1

There are enough doctors with a lot of honest, great reviews, why risk it? Personally I wouldn't go anywhere that's described as a hair mill.

• Like 2

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen first hand a "friend of a friend" who had a hair transplant through a company called "Welfare Abroad" in Turkey.  He'd previously had a HT in England which left a big scar and was a bad job according to him (cost £5.5k).  He got the treatment in Turkey 2 years ago for £1250 and had nothing but praise.  It looked really good from what I could tell.  Just wondering if there's any other experiences out there from this place?

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Gareth6969 said:

Just seen first hand a "friend of a friend" who had a hair transplant through a company called "Welfare Abroad" in Turkey.  He'd previously had a HT in England which left a big scar and was a bad job according to him (cost £5.5k).  He got the treatment in Turkey 2 years ago for £1250 and had nothing but praise.  It looked really good from what I could tell.  Just wondering if there's any other experiences out there from this place?

So many red flags. It’s just another one of thousands of very cheap hair mills. Maybe this person was lucky. Others won’t be. Quoting very high amount of grafts for a very low price ? Never a good sign. It would have been techs doing the whole procedure.

These days there are so many decent quality clinics for a reasonable cost it’s not worth taking any risks whatsoever.

As you mentioned Uk, we have Dr Arsahd who is £3 per graft ! Recommended by the forum and doing excellent work. 
And now we have De Freitas (Spain) who has just been added to the recommended list. Amazing work, €3.50 for first 1000 grafts and €2.50 for anything above. 
Just a couple of examples to show that it is possible to get a decent/elite clinic and it still be affordable. 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Like 2

@Gareth6969As he says @JohnAC71., surely your friend's friend will have been lucky, if you go to one of these pseudo-clinics, you can get a good result but the opposite is also likely to happen, it's like playing Russian roulette,  if it's okay, it's okay, but what if it's bad?  Not only do you have to hope that the situation is repairable (many times it is not, unfortunately), but you have to spend more money to be able to do a repair.  So, if you're not on a tight budget, trust a reputable surgeon / clinic, check out the list of surgeons this forum recommends.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

So many red flags. It’s just another one of thousands of very cheap hair mills. Maybe this person was lucky. Others won’t be. Quoting very high amount of grafts for a very low price ? Never a good sign. It would have been techs doing the whole procedure.

These days there are so many decent quality clinics for a reasonable cost it’s not worth taking any risks whatsoever.

As you mentioned Uk, we have Dr Arsahd who is £3 per graft ! Recommended by the forum and doing excellent work. 
And now we have De Freitas (Spain) who has just been added to the recommended list. Amazing work, €3.50 for first 1000 grafts and €2.50 for anything above. 
Just a couple of examples to show that it is possible to get a decent/elite clinic and it still be affordable. 

To be honest, you're saying what my subconscious is telling me.......too cheap, too risky.  When I do eventually go for it I will definitely use one of the recommended places from the forum.  Glad to have found this site to be able to get genuine feedback!

• Thanks 1

There are quite a lot of very poor hair mill results recently being posted on the forum. All needing repair, some of the donors have been over harvested and/or ruined. Repairs are more expensive and have to work with whatever donor is left. 
It can really affect people’s life. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gareth6969 said:

To be honest, you're saying what my subconscious is telling me.......too cheap, too risky.  When I do eventually go for it I will definitely use one of the recommended places from the forum.  Glad to have found this site to be able to get genuine feedback!

Your subconscious is correct. Absolutely no need to go to a hair mill or a cheap option. I’m in the Uk and it’s actually possible to pay a lot and still get a poor hair transplant. Dr Arshad is the opposite, excellent work and still good (for uk prices)

As i always say there are options in Turkey, places like HLC, Dr Pekiner and Dr Bicer for example.