You have to realize that family history doesn't signify how you will progress with your own hair loss. Sure, it can be used as a loose guide for planning but in no way is it guaranteed that you will not lose more than your family members. You just can't think like that. With such aggressive loss so early you should just assume NW6 is your pattern and plan accordingly. That doesn't mean don't get a transplant at this age. It means know what to expect and try medication to halt or reverse some of your loss. Also, why do you state that it's a high risk that you will get the same side effects as your family member? There's no science stating this to be true. Just as with hair loss you shouldn't assume your experience will be similar because you're related. Don't let the internet scare you into not at least trying medication. If you can't tolerate it just discontinue use but at least you can say you tried everything. 

Edited by BDK081522
  • Like 1

Bosley Dr. Krenitsky 11-2016 FUE 1407 grafts

Dr. Diep 09-2017 FUE 2024 grafts

Dr. Konior 03-2020 FUE 2076 grafts

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While I agree with some points, I don’t think it’s right to post this on a patient journey. Having surgery is stressful enough. If you have these concerns I would create a separate thread and not put

I strongly suggest that you cancel your surgery. The reason I say this is because unless you have stabilized your hair loss with finasteride you have to assume that you will go to a Norwood 6 eventual

Give the lad a beak lads for goodness sake. If he wants to go for surgery let him go it’s his life and his head, He obviously does not want to spend his twenties bald. HLC are not cowboys they wouldn’

Posted Images

Hello everybody

Despite your advice, I still decided on HT and according to the diagnosis of the HLC clinic, it wasn't a mistake!

As already described before, I am NW 3A that was also confirmed to me.
And not NW5, as some have suggested here.
Your diagnosis is probably because I showed my hair loss with really aggressive pictures.
With wet or oily hair :D.

The following points from the diagnosis gave me the most pleasure:
 - No hair thinning on the back of the head (stable at the moment)
 - About 8-9000 grafts in the donation area (~ 85Grafts cm2)
 - If necessary, enough beard and body hair as a donation

I think you can do something positive with this information: D

Now to the HT:

There were more grafts than initially assumed because I wanted the temples and a bit deeper hairline.
The HLC doctors were also satisfied with the line and think that it is still more on the conservative side.
This results in ~ 4600 grafts

When it comes to hairline design, I just have to say one thing:
World class!
All doctors in the clinic are involved in this step and give their opinion. Patient requests are also catered for.

At the moment I only have the first day behind me with about 2200 grafts.
I will document the rest as soon as I get around.

Greeting
 CharliiFB76036A-F7F7-4CE2-9EE1-5511B82593F4.thumb.jpeg.5dafc9abe175708796b55fb6304aaf14.jpeg

A21611FA-281C-4602-8D3C-6CF850B6B53F.png

F9D3BB7B-934E-4064-B08C-0FEB65376BE3.jpeg

0084EFB2-53FD-4CA2-B08A-80C95E56C18F.jpeg

D8B42E2F-FF49-4F31-99DE-345386E89289.jpeg

• Like 1

HLC do some superb work. Yours is looking like excellent work so far. Very refined ! Always like the hairlines they create.

From your starting position this is going to frame your face again and give you back a natural looking hairline.

Look forward to following your journey ! 🙏

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

HLC do some superb work. Yours is looking like excellent work so far. Very refined ! Always like the hairlines they create.

From your starting position this is going to frame your face again and give you back a natural looking hairline.

Look forward to following your journey ! 🙏

Thanks Buddy!

I appreciate that!

Here some other pictures.

E1F33CC9-DF19-4A6E-9847-BE999E4ED097.jpeg

E157B765-7D81-4FAE-A610-F28C468BA9CE.jpeg

Edited by Charlii
  • Like 1

From a technical and aesthetic standpoint I think HLC is excellent.

From an ethical standpoint I have some real concerns. I've never heard of them turning down anyone for surgery.

Their graft numbers are always high and never fall under their initial estimate.

There was that recent 22 year old guy from Germany who was a solid Norwood 5 and they put him on Fin the day of his surgery.

They advertise as a team of doctors but no one knows anything about their credentials or training. They don't even give full names of the doctors on the HLC website. 

@Charlii You need to do something to manage DHT. It doesn't have to be Finasteride. There are other things to try.

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Like 1
19 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

From an ethical standpoint I have some real concerns. I've never heard of them turning down anyone for surgery.

Their graft numbers are always high and never fall under their initial estimate.

There was that recent 22 year old guy from Germany who was a solid Norwood 5 and they put him on Fin the day of his surgery.

They advertise as a team of doctors but no one knows anything about their credentials or training. They don't even give full names of the doctors on the HLC website. 

@Charlii You need to do something to manage DHT. It doesn't have to be Finasteride. There are other things to try.

Hi @PizzaWolf

I will habe tomorrow a meeting with de Doc.

Than we will talk about also Stopping the DHT.

What can you recommend? I think there is only Minoxidil left.

Topical Fin or Dutasteride. RU58841 or CB-03-01. Flutamide. High dose saw palmetto. These are options not recommendations. You need to do your own research to figure out what you're comfortable with.

Do something. You'll save yourself a lot of grief in the future. 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

While I agree with some points, I don’t think it’s right to post this on a patient journey. Having surgery is stressful enough. If you have these concerns I would create a separate thread and not put it on someone’s journey. Journey’s are for encouragement and help, not seeding doubt. 

• Like 4

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

While I agree with some points, I don’t think it’s right to post this on a patient journey. Having surgery is stressful enough. If you have these concerns I would create a separate thread and not put it on someone’s journey. Journey’s are for encouragement and help, not seeding doubt. 

I apologize. My intention is positive but I come off as too blunt and aggressive sometimes.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Two days? I bet they were looong days! I think I left the clinic at 7 pm both days!

It looks great so far!! I'm happy for you!

Oh yes, they were really long. Especially the first session was horrible. When you have to stay with the facedown on the extraction bed. My face was hurting as hell! I Think Dr. Umut was hating me, because i moves allways my head.

But i am happy, that its over now! In 2 hours they will take my bandage off, i am curious how it looks 😁

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Charlii said:

Oh yes, they were really long. Especially the first session was horrible. When you have to stay with the facedown on the extraction bed. My face was hurting as hell! I Think Dr. Umut was hating me, because i moves allways my head.

But i am happy, that its over now! In 2 hours they will take my bandage off, i am curious how it looks 😁

It will look amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Which surgeons operated on you? Were all six doctors there for your consultation?

2 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

It will look amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Which surgeons operated on you? Were all six doctors there for your consultation?

Heyy @PizzaWolf nice to read something positive from you!

Yes at the consultation there were all docs together! For me that was great, so you had an opinion from everyone! Also the hairline, they gave me like a basic pattern, and i was able to give my opinion and they draw it and discussed all together if it looks good.

Dr. Umut was my surgeon. He did nearly all bi his self, only once he needed a break, so Dr. Elif extracted in that session my hairs.

However, Dr. Umut always inserted the hair

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, Charlii said:

Lol I went with Dr. Pekiner a month ago and I can totally relate to your first extraction. The pressure on my face was intense and almost giving me a headache. I had to adjust a few times but couldn't quite get into a comfortable position. I thought it was just me but it seems like everyone that goes to Ankara experiences this 😅 so don't worry, you're not alone. I only had to do ~500 grafts per extraction though so it wasn't too bad. It does make me wonder why they haven't found a solution to this lol. Maybe the first extraction is so uncomfortable that everything afterwards feels like a piece of cake.

22 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Lol I went with Dr. Pekiner a month ago and I can totally relate to your first extraction. The pressure on my face was intense and almost giving me a headache. I had to adjust a few times but couldn't quite get into a comfortable position. I thought it was just me but it seems like everyone that goes to Ankara experiences this 😅 so don't worry, you're not alone. I only had to do ~500 grafts per extraction though so it wasn't too bad. It does make me wonder why they haven't found a solution to this lol. Maybe the first extraction is so uncomfortable that everything afterwards feels like a piece of cake.

They extracted 1200 grafts in that position. I think you can imagine the pain 😂.

But i think this and the injection on my temples were the most uncomfortable things during the HT.

I was surprised how chilled it was to insert the Grafts. I allways tought thats the disgusting part. I was able to watch some netflix, i decided to watch Breaking Bad again. Because i knew thats the most exciting show on Netflix and the Time will fly 😁

• Like 1

Thats Interesting because Ive read elsewhere that patients of Keser also complain about how painful the injections are. I wonder if it has to do with access to anaesthetic in Turkey.

Seems like you have a VERY above average donor @Charlii, and if your hair loss remains stable I suspect youre in for a great result (HLC are top in Turkey for me). I sort of like how there is a communal aspect/its a group effort at the clinic ... means the potential for a bad decision gets moderated out. 

Wishing you the best!

• Thanks 1

1 Day Post HT

Here are some Pictures 1 Day after my HT. I am very Happy with the hairline and the temples.

What do you thing Guys?

This afternoon i will have my PCR test. I hope it will be negative.

9CDE0A4B-B0DE-4FE6-A455-264CB036044B.jpeg

3F62249F-904B-4872-AAD8-D5DB555295B0.jpeg

4041B940-A051-4B5C-AB7A-30682B8E4E51.jpeg

B014D724-EB28-48A1-A76E-B8076BA8C506.jpeg

B20A28EC-D32A-4F2E-9388-C0D5B9854D4C.jpeg

Looks like the extraction pattern was quite conservative, and careful not to go anywhere near the crown. Your crown does look a bit more beige compared to the rest of your scalp, not sure if that's just lighting though. I think it's great they started off this way, and in the future you can expand the extraction pattern once your final Norwood pattern becomes more evident.

20 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Looks like the extraction pattern was quite conservative, and careful not to go anywhere near the crown. Your crown does look a bit more beige compared to the rest of your scalp, not sure if that's just lighting though. I think it's great they started off this way, and in the future you can expand the extraction pattern once your final Norwood pattern becomes more evident.

Yes you right, it looks more beige,  that‘s because they cut off my hair very bad😂

I asked the Doc multiple Times and he said there is no miniaturization on the crown at the moment.