HLC Hairtransplant NW3 ~3000 Grafts

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

HLC do some superb work. Yours is looking like excellent work so far. Very refined ! Always like the hairlines they create.

From your starting position this is going to frame your face again and give you back a natural looking hairline.

Look forward to following your journey ! šŸ™

Thanks Buddy!

IĀ appreciate that!

HereĀ someĀ other pictures.

E1F33CC9-DF19-4A6E-9847-BE999E4ED097.jpeg

E157B765-7D81-4FAE-A610-F28C468BA9CE.jpeg

Edited by Charlii
  • Like 1

From a technical and aesthetic standpoint I think HLC is excellent.

From an ethical standpoint I have some real concerns. I've never heard of them turning down anyone for surgery.

Their graft numbers are always high and never fall under their initial estimate.

There was thatĀ recent 22 year old guy from Germany who was a solid Norwood 5Ā and they put him on Fin the day of his surgery.

They advertise as a team of doctors but no one knows anything about their credentials or training. They don't even give full names of the doctors on the HLC website.Ā 

@CharliiĀ You need to do something to manage DHT. It doesn't have to be Finasteride. There are other things to try.

Edited by PizzaWolf
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

From an ethical standpoint I have some real concerns. I've never heard of them turning down anyone for surgery.

Their graft numbers are always high and never fall under their initial estimate.

There was thatĀ recent 22 year old guy from Germany who was a solid Norwood 5Ā and they put him on Fin the day of his surgery.

They advertise as a team of doctors but no one knows anything about their credentials or training. They don't even give full names of the doctors on the HLC website.Ā 

@CharliiĀ You need to do something to manage DHT. It doesn't have to be Finasteride. There are other things to try.

Hi @PizzaWolf

I will habe tomorrow a meeting with de Doc.

Than we will talk about also Stopping the DHT.

What can you recommend? I think there is only Minoxidil left.

Ā 

Topical Fin or Dutasteride. RU58841 or CB-03-01. Flutamide. High dose saw palmetto. These are options not recommendations. You need to do your own research to figure out what you're comfortable with.

Do something. You'll save yourself a lot of grief in the future.Ā 

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

While I agree with some points, I donā€™t think itā€™s right to post this on a patient journey. Having surgery is stressful enough. If you have these concerns I would create a separate thread and not put it on someoneā€™s journey. Journeyā€™s are for encouragement and help, not seeding doubt.Ā 

• Like 4

Iā€™m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey:Ā 

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journeyĀ 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for theĀ Hair Transplant Network, theĀ Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and theĀ Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media:Ā Facebook,Ā Instagram,Ā Linkedin,Ā and YouTube.

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

While I agree with some points, I donā€™t think itā€™s right to post this on a patient journey. Having surgery is stressful enough. If you have these concerns I would create a separate thread and not put it on someoneā€™s journey. Journeyā€™s are for encouragement and help, not seeding doubt.Ā 

I apologize. My intention is positiveĀ but I comeĀ off as too blunt and aggressive sometimes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MachoVato said:

Two days? I bet they were looong days! I think I left the clinic at 7 pm both days!

It looks great so far!! I'm happy for you!

Oh yes, they were really long. Especially the first session was horrible. When you have to stay with the facedown on the extraction bed. My face was hurting as hell! I Think Dr. Umut was hating me, because i moves allways my head.

But i am happy, that its over now! In 2 hours they will take my bandage off, i am curious how it looks šŸ˜

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlii said:

Oh yes, they were really long. Especially the first session was horrible. When you have to stay with the facedown on the extraction bed. My face was hurting as hell! I Think Dr. Umut was hating me, because i moves allways my head.

But i am happy, that its over now! In 2 hours they will take my bandage off, i am curious how it looks šŸ˜

It will look amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Which surgeons operated on you? Were all six doctors there for your consultation?

Ā 

2 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

It will look amazing. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Which surgeons operated on you? Were all six doctors there for your consultation?

Ā 

Heyy @PizzaWolfĀ nice to read something positive from you!

Yes at the consultation there were all docs together! For me that was great, so you had an opinion from everyone! Also the hairline, they gave me like a basic pattern, and i was able to give my opinion and they draw it and discussed all together if it looks good.

Dr. Umut was my surgeon. He did nearly all bi his self, only once he needed a break, so Dr. Elif extracted in that session my hairs.

However, Dr. Umut always inserted the hair

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Charlii said:

Lol I went with Dr. Pekiner a month ago and I can totally relate toĀ your first extraction. The pressure on my face was intense and almost giving me a headache. I had to adjustĀ a few times but couldn't quiteĀ get into a comfortable position. I thought it was just me but it seems like everyone that goes to Ankara experiences thisĀ šŸ˜…Ā so don't worry, you're not alone. I only had to do ~500 grafts per extraction though so it wasn't too bad. It does make me wonder why they haven't found a solution to this lol. Maybe the first extraction is so uncomfortable that everything afterwards feels likeĀ a piece of cake.

22 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Lol I went with Dr. Pekiner a month ago and I can totally relate toĀ your first extraction. The pressure on my face was intense and almost giving me a headache. I had to adjustĀ a few times but couldn't quiteĀ get into a comfortable position. I thought it was just me but it seems like everyone that goes to Ankara experiences thisĀ šŸ˜…Ā so don't worry, you're not alone. I only had to do ~500 grafts per extraction though so it wasn't too bad. It does make me wonder why they haven't found a solution to this lol. Maybe the first extraction is so uncomfortable that everything afterwards feels likeĀ a piece of cake.

They extracted 1200 grafts in that position. I think you can imagine the pain šŸ˜‚.

But i think this and the injection on my temples were the most uncomfortable things during the HT.

I was surprised how chilled it was to insert the Grafts. I allways tought thats the disgusting part. I was able to watch some netflix, i decided to watch Breaking Bad again. Because i knewĀ thats the most exciting show on Netflix and the Time will fly šŸ˜

• Like 1

1 DayĀ Post HT

Here are some Pictures 1 Day after my HT. I am very Happy with the hairline and the temples.

What do you thing Guys?

This afternoon i will have my PCR test. I hope it will be negative.

Ā 

9CDE0A4B-B0DE-4FE6-A455-264CB036044B.jpeg

3F62249F-904B-4872-AAD8-D5DB555295B0.jpeg

4041B940-A051-4B5C-AB7A-30682B8E4E51.jpeg

B014D724-EB28-48A1-A76E-B8076BA8C506.jpeg

B20A28EC-D32A-4F2E-9388-C0D5B9854D4C.jpeg

Looks like the extraction pattern was quite conservative, and careful not to go anywhere near the crown. Your crown does look a bit more beige compared to the rest of your scalp, not sure if that's just lighting though.Ā I think it's greatĀ they started off this way, and in the future you can expand the extraction pattern once your final Norwood pattern becomes more evident.

20 minutes ago, giegnosiganoe said:

Looks like the extraction pattern was quite conservative, and careful not to go anywhere near the crown. Your crown does look a bit more beige compared to the rest of your scalp, not sure if that's just lighting though.Ā I think it's greatĀ they started off this way, and in the future you can expand the extraction pattern once your final Norwood pattern becomes more evident.

Yes you right, it looks more beige, Ā thatā€˜s because they cut off my hair very badšŸ˜‚

I asked the Doc multiple Times and he said there is no miniaturization on the crown at the moment.

Ā 

I wish you all the best, I like the design, and it is a lot of grafts so the density is basically going to feel like native.

My only skepticism, though I am by no means an expert, but 150 single hairs seems on the "low" side for virgin hairline reconstruction and temple points. I typically see the homeruns with 400-500+.

20 hours ago, j1mmy said:

I wish you all the best, I like the design, and it is a lot of grafts so the density is basically going to feel like native.

My only skepticism, though I am by no means an expert, but 150 single hairs seems on the "low" side for virgin hairline reconstruction and temple points. I typically see the homeruns with 400-500+.

Thank You!

The 150Ā singles were from day one. Ā Here you can see all the removed grafts. Ā There are a total of 357 singles. Ā Somehow I also fear that these are not enough singles.

I calculatet my total Hairs

Singles: 357

Doubles: 2640

Multiples: 2970 Grafts x 4Ā = 11880

The Doc told me i had even some grafts mit 6 Hairs šŸ˜… so assume the Average of the Multiples is 4 Hairs/Graft.

This will will be a total of ~14ā€˜877 Hairs.

I hope this will result to a good density šŸ˜

Lets hope the singles will do their job for a natural lookunk hairlinešŸ™šŸ»

87887D17-E859-4D94-A7EB-E99A540A2081.jpeg

Edited by Charlii

Ah ok, that is a relief :DĀ  That should be good then! Yeah there is no doubt on the density, if you get good growth, that is the most hairs i've seen in hundreds of cases i've studied in my research before procedure! Good luck during the patient phase!!

Did you take note of your hair caliber measurement?

Edited by j1mmy

15 minutes ago, j1mmy said:

Ah ok, that is a relief :DĀ  That should be good then! Yeah there is no doubt on the density, if you get good growth, that is the most hairs i've seen in hundreds of cases i've studied in my research before procedure! Good luck during the patient phase!!

Did you take note of your hair caliber measurement?

hahaha really? Ā This statement gives me great pleasure šŸ˜

Hmm what do you mean with hair caliber measurement?