Hair Transplant Review - 1500 Dr. Nadimi (Chicago Hair Institute)

After a virtual consultation and quote of 1500 grafts for frontal hairline repair, underwent said 1500 FUE graft repair with Dr. Nadimi of Chicago Hair Institute. I'm in my mid 20's and as such wanted to be somewhat conservative with hairline but also wished to avoid placement so high as to draw attention. Investigating led me to Chicago Hair Institute, and Dr. Nadimi has had a growing record of excellence and of course Dr. Konior and his practice have for many years had an outstanding reputation. The procedure went smoothly, pain was well controlled following anesthetic injections and staff was friendly and supportive. They are more than happy to follow up with you on subsequent days for cleaning, re-evaluation. I've attached several photos pre and immediately post op.

Obviously like any young person I'd have preferred a lower hairline, but being realistic is part of the game. Anyone out there with similar graft counts and post-op pictures/hairline design have their long term results? 

Picture are: 

1/2/3 - pre-op of hairline

4/5/6 - Immediately post-op

IMG_2506.thumb.jpg.97c9c4115720d299d9ab2096166a0dac.jpg

IMG_2507.thumb.jpg.6f3baef7ac228c6289a29c6251a47b61.jpg

IMG_2508.thumb.jpg.1fd95459eb0358175aa6d678b36163c5.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Excellent man, I feel like you had a thread asking whether or not you should get an HT. I like the design I think Dr. Nadimi is an excellent surgeon.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Excellent man, I feel like you had a thread asking whether or not you should get an HT. I like the design I think Dr. Nadimi is an excellent surgeon.

Thanks for the input. Yes I did post recently with the question of whether you guys thought 1500 grafts would provide adequate density for this frontal band area. Time will tell as to the final product but feeling hopeful at this point. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, ThinningTemples said:

Thanks for the input. Yes I did post recently with the question of whether you guys thought 1500 grafts would provide adequate density for this frontal band area. Time will tell as to the final product but feeling hopeful at this point. 

From what i've seen from Dr. Nadimi, 1500 grafts should be enough, she has great density with a small number of grafts. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

You went to the very best in the world 🙌

Work looks super clean. Friend of mine went to Dr. N and got a similar graft count. A+ results.

All you have to do now is play the waiting game. I hit 4 months in two days and have already seen solid growth. You're in good hands.

• Like 2

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

Thanks guys.  Did you guys that had hairline transplants feel like your hairline was initially too high prior to hair growing out? It sorta feels like it's hard for me to believe that with how conservative my new hairline is that I will be able to pull off most hairstyles without obvious recessions/signs of balding. But I also think it's possible that when it grows out further it will look totally different and that may not be an issue. Champybaby is your friend with similar graft count able to pull off most hairstyles? 

1 hour ago, champybaby said:

You went to the very best in the world 🙌

Work looks super clean. Friend of mine went to Dr. N and got a similar graft count. A+ results.

All you have to do now is play the waiting game. I hit 4 months in two days and have already seen solid growth. You're in good hands.

Wow that's awesome. Glad you're having signs of growth so early!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThinningTemples said:

Thanks guys.  Did you guys that had hairline transplants feel like your hairline was initially too high prior to hair growing out? It sorta feels like it's hard for me to believe that with how conservative my new hairline is that I will be able to pull off most hairstyles without obvious recessions/signs of balding. But I also think it's possible that when it grows out further it will look totally different and that may not be an issue. Champybaby is your friend with similar graft count able to pull off most hairstyles? 

You've* got a great head of hair already. Unsure what styles you're thinking but my gut tells me you'll be fine in terms of styles. You won't have a head of hair like you did when you were 15, though.

Edited by champybaby

Day 2 update: 

No more bleeding from donor at this point. Recipient area is red and mild swelling is slowly descending forehead to eyebrow level. Literally no pain at all unless area is touched directly during cleaning. 

Can’t wait for the shed in a few weeks 😎

A93B9D19-33E0-4F42-A25C-7688EF7559D6.jpeg

8F741C15-8059-4205-8DCB-E708AACFED3A.jpeg

9B056F00-54DB-4BB1-9ABB-AB6C7BBAF134.jpeg

8737F0BE-718C-4291-8599-558763DBA6FE.jpeg

8 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looks excellent and very clean. With regards to your hairline, personally I think it’s perfect for you. Seems like it was pretty much based on what would have been your original hairline. 🙏

Basically. The very front of forelock/band was placed about 1-1.5 cm above current point and the corners were lowered just about the same amount. So in a way hairline was more leveled out. For a bit I will probably have a bit of a widows peak ahead of transplanted area with remaining natives but I’m sure within 3-5 years that will be gone. Given age and unknown future I think the hairline is well balanced. Couldn’t be happier with Nadimi’s/Konior’s team at CHI and I see why they have the reputation they do online. If anyone has questions about my clinic experience there let me know. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

Looks excellent and very clean. With regards to your hairline, personally I think it’s perfect for you. Seems like it was pretty much based on what would have been your original hairline. 🙏

Agreed. It does look super clean. Basically, you just have to wait. And then you'll be thrilled with your results like literally every patient here who sees Dr K/Dr N. Big picture, seeing someone like Dr. K's team allows you to plan for this sort of thing as you age, which is paramount, but often overlooked but a lot of patients seeking their first HT.

• Like 2

Ill chime in here since I am a Nadimi patient as well. I had much greater loss than you and I only got 1500 and it still looks really good. Obviously a full density frontal third with 1500 is probably not realistic but she made 1500 go a long way and i was amazed. I am going for my 2nd in July to get some more added to the front and I am super excited. Some of the cleanest work and top notch post-care. 

Congrats and happy growing!

• Like 2

That’s great to hear. What Norwood scale were you at to start with would you say? I just hope I can buy 5-7 years before I need another one! Hoping the density will be convincing for the time being. Do you have any pics of your current results for first one? If you want you could even just message me. There haven’t been a ton of dudes with similar graft counts and hairline designs from Nadimi I’ve been able to find. If not no worries I’m just super curious. 

One week mark. Redness in recipient area is a lot better. Donor is almost impossible to notice. Have noticed lots of flaking/dryness to both donor and recipient but washing/aquaphor has been useful. I guess next up is ugly duckling stage in a week or two! 

EE987D1C-D9E6-4589-A641-EF3CB18410CF.jpeg

23B92DF3-C4D1-4A18-B62D-D2616A475B08.jpeg

35958286-683B-4B62-B33D-6396B323A482.jpeg

BA550761-8556-4AE2-883F-FE99365C0280.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators
On 3/14/2021 at 9:39 AM, ThinningTemples said:

Just shy of two week mark. Donor looks undetectable now. Recipient area is slightly red but way less than expected. Nearly all crusting/scabbing is gone. Expecting shed in next 10 days or so. 

C33F7041-DF5C-4291-86EE-92D8DCD7A69E.jpeg

F271C8B9-733A-401E-B52B-E29C05AFCEC6.jpeg

B673616C-D7F8-472C-85AE-73B06381E71A.jpeg

89951FCC-FE39-4319-8806-E0B0B52B9EED.jpeg

This is gonna be a killer result 🙌🏼

View my thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really looking forward to the progress as I'm scheduled for FUE with Dr Sahar Nadimi in Aug.  Timing is meh as it'll cut summer activities short but atleast it'll give ample timing for the regrowth into the winter.    I think Original Poster's timing is perfect as he'll have hair coming in as it really gets warm. 

I have similar hair loss as Original Poster, however opting for less grafts (Dr. Nadimi discussed 1200-1500) to conserve grafts.  Hopefully it'll be enough for coverage.  I'd assuming Original Post would have good density given the higher graft count.

Edited by JavierMarc
  • Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 5:53 PM, 24needmore said:

Ill chime in here since I am a Nadimi patient as well. I had much greater loss than you and I only got 1500 and it still looks really good. Obviously a full density frontal third with 1500 is probably not realistic but she made 1500 go a long way and i was amazed. I am going for my 2nd in July to get some more added to the front and I am super excited. Some of the cleanest work and top notch post-care. 

Congrats and happy growing!

@24needmore Curious if you have pics of yours?  I'm also getting 1500-ish with similar current loss.  Perhaps on a seprate thread would be more apprpciate since this is someone else's thread.

Edited by JavierMarc

One month update:

I was initially and still am impressed by the lack of recipient redness. My shed was gradual but between 2-4 weeks most of my new grafts shed their hairs, and I think I had some shock loss of some weaker hairs in recipient as expected. Donor continues to be entirely unnoticeable. 

Started minoxidil, occasionally nizoral around 2 week mark. Had tons of dandruff at about 10-14 days but gradually cleared up and very minimal now at a month. Hardest part is waiting as I look somewhat worse than before transplant, but this is all as expected. Excited for months 3-6 when growth will hopefully start to be noticeable. Won’t be adding photos of donor except at maybe a year since it hasn’t changed and isn’t noticeable. 

CA77DF24-E472-4B54-BC6E-F460874DDEEB.jpeg

C6075EA0-4D3B-4503-BB8B-10C031487BA0.jpeg

5B4E2715-8BBA-4E83-9CDD-23361E9369F0.jpeg