Dermatologist has prescribed me sublingual finasteride

Hey all,

Title is pretty self-explanatory.

My dermatologist has been giving me oral monixidil (you dissolve it under the tongue) - and she's now given me a compound medication containing both Finasteride AND monixidil, in the one sublingual pill, i.e. dissolve them both under the tongue in one medication.

My question: does anyone know if there are any hurdles to having fin in this form? I know they've made minox like this, with good success, but I couldn't find any research on Finasteride that dissolves under the tongue, and I don't know much about the pharmacology/biochemistry. I'm not worried about sides or anything, just efficacy.

Might be one for the doctors in this forum, but keen to hear any information people may have. 

Cheers.

Sublingual route goes into your bloodstream much more quickly and there's less degradation of the medicine so it's efficacy is increased. That's why we have patients carry sublingual nitroglycerin to take when they have chest pain (it relieves anginal chest pain).  

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.