I Need a Strong Push to Get a HT

Hello everyone. Hope everyone is keeping himself safe. I know I need a ht but something inside me keeps me from actually finalizing a scheduled appointment with a doctor. Its my stupid fear thats the root of this avoidance. Its a conforming, comfortable and safe feeling to procrastinate getting a ht because I'm not certain what the result will be and the cost of a ht adds to it as well.

The purpose of this thread is to get you guys to drum up enough support at least psychologically to help convince myself to dive into a ht procedure confidently without looking back in regret for my decision. Naturally you guys have been in the same spot I'm in where your head was too foggy to make a firm decision to stick to because of constant, circulating doubt. Hope you guys can help change my mind. Thank you!

Edited by deanro

Hi have you uploaded any pics/details of your hair loss? It would be foolish to get talked into a HT without knowing you are a candidate or you could end up with buyers remorse and be in a worse situ than you started out. Have you gone as far as having a consult with anyone?

• Administrators

This may be against your goal, but I personally don’t like pushing anyone towards surgery. There are no guarantees to surgery, anyone who tells you otherwise is lying. Having realistic expectations is crucial. Understanding that hair transplants are not one and done is another point to remember. Also, knowing that hair transplants will not keep you from losing more hair, so stabilizing hair loss is very important. 

If you’re not willing to accept these facts, you shouldn’t get surgery. As I always say, we don’t sell hair transplants here, we educate.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

This is one of those things in life you'll have to "push yourself" only.

The results here are unbiased and you'll need to make the decision for yourself since there's so many variables. 

Whatever your decision is, understand this is a decision that will impact the rest of your life. It shouldn't be taken lightly. 

• Like 1

I agree with the above statements. This forum is a great place to research, educate and help people avoid the poor clinics. But it’s only yourself that can decide about your own ht journey. You don’t even have to make a decision anytime now or soon. Some people will take years to get to a point where they are happy to proceed. Bottom line is we are all totally different and it’s only you that can make the decision to take the next step. The forum would support you in whatever you decide ! Good luck 🤞 

9 hours ago, Richie888 said:

Hi have you uploaded any pics/details of your hair loss? It would be foolish to get talked into a HT without knowing you are a candidate or you could end up with buyers remorse and be in a worse situ than you started out. Have you gone as far as having a consult with anyone?

Hi Richie,

I've had a video talk with a couple of docs who told me I needed 3000 grafts. Let me know what you think.

7 minutes ago, deanro said:

It would be foolish to get talked into a HT without knowing you are a candidate or you could end up with buyers remorse and be in a worse situ than you started out. Have you gone as far as having a consult with anyone?

Hi Richie,

I've had a video talk with a couple of docs who told me I needed 3000 grafts. Let me know what you think.

6 hours ago, makehairgreatagain said:

The results here are unbiased and you'll need to make the decision for yourself since there's so many variables. 

Whatever your decision is, understand this is a decision that will impact the rest of your life. It shouldn't be taken lightly. 

Well I've come across some comments by certain people here that really werent unbiased. But thats for a different thread.

Anyway I understand but the part of me that wants an ht is a little bit louder than the part thats hesitant.

6 hours ago, JohnAC71 said:

You don’t even have to make a decision anytime now or soon.  The forum would support you in whatever you decide ! Good luck 🤞 

The thing is, I'm not getting any younger and need to move to a decision. I feel like I have little time, especially now since I'm not currently employed. the danger is getting hired soon and being restricted by work obligations to get a ht.

6 hours ago, MachoVato said:

If you want it, do it.

Here's what happens after to you get one...  you immediately regret not doing it sooner. 

Yes I know. Its a sinking feeling of bitter reality. I feel like I'm losing precious time by hesitating from getting a ht done sooner than later.

Edited by deanro

I remember the contemplation myself. I'm only 28 years old, so taking the step was terribly hard trying to understand what the outcome would be and the opportunity costs associated. The worst part for me was parting ways with 15k when I'm at the point in my life where I should be investing and looking to set myself up in the future. However, I realized I would do just that if this lessened my insecurity even slightly. I'm not even 6 months post yet, but I already feel more confident about myself, I'm thinking a lot less about my hair and because of that im less distracted and capable of being productive. The longer it lingers, the longer it will be on your mind and you'll be guessing what you could have done. 

My two suggestions for you would be: if there is an actual cosmetic benefit to be had then you have a reason to do it. & If you have complete assurance in the clinic you're going to, it will take away all the doubt and anxiety behind it. This is a precious mathematical game after all, each graft is invaluable and you have to be certain you're going to the best. Thankfully they're not hard to choose anymore thanks to forumns like these but these clinics are often hard to finance. Lastly, don't think about the cost too much either. Amortized over your lifetime this is a small price to pay for feeling better about yourself, or at least knowing you attempted it. You won't look back and miss the money, shit like this is why even have ambitions to make money, so that we could reinvest it in ourselves.  We're awfully lucky we live in times where we even get a second opportunity at hair as funny as that sounds. 

And if your reasons for hesitating are because of external factors like judgement from friends/family/coworkers, you need to let that shit go. 

• Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

I remember the contemplation myself. I'm only 28 years old, so taking the step was terribly hard trying to understand what the outcome would be and the opportunity costs associated. The worst part for me was parting ways with 15k when I'm at the point in my life where I should be investing and looking to set myself up in the future. However, I realized I would do just that if this lessened my insecurity even slightly. I'm not even 6 months post yet, but I already feel more confident about myself, I'm thinking a lot less about my hair and because of that im less distracted and capable of being productive. The longer it lingers, the longer it will be on your mind and you'll be guessing what you could have done. 

My two suggestions for you would be: if there is an actual cosmetic benefit to be had then you have a reason to do it. & If you have complete assurance in the clinic you're going to, it will take away all the doubt and anxiety behind it. This is a precious mathematical game after all, each graft is invaluable and you have to be certain you're going to the best. Thankfully they're not hard to choose anymore thanks to forumns like these but these clinics are often hard to finance. Lastly, don't think about the cost too much either. Amortized over your lifetime this is a small price to pay for feeling better about yourself, or at least knowing you attempted it. You won't look back and miss the money, shit like this is why even have ambitions to make money, so that we could reinvest it in ourselves.  We're awfully lucky we live in times where we even get a second opportunity at hair as funny as that sounds. 

And if your reasons for hesitating are because of external factors like judgement from friends/family/coworkers, you need to let that shit go. 

Perfectly said

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Very well said

• Like 1

Wow...nicely said @TorontoMan! Yes, we are very lucky to live in these times and definitely not to be taken for granted. 

• Like 1

I was 42 when I had my ht Dean. I had been losing hair since my early 20's and I was thinking about hairloss all the time which wasn't healthy. I researched on this forum for a few years before pulling the trigger and going to Rahal in Canada. Flying from the uk I was so nervous. Now although I may need a second ht it was the best thing i ever did. Just annoyed that I didn't get it sooner and on the meds earlier too. No ht is guaranteed but by doing plenty of research and choosing a decent doctor you give yourself the best chance of success.

Edited by longjonsilver
  • Like 1