Any connection with fin and kidney problems...?

Random question, but i just wondered if fin has any connection with kidney problems? (for the record i'm not on fin)

I've heard it can be problematic for SOME people and their liver, yet I can't find any concrete evidence that is connected to kidney problems (google seems to show all kinds of answers for this)

Thanks

I haven't come across any patients having kidney issues while on oral finasteride. 

• Like 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators

If you google finasteride and problems, you’ll no doubt get hits on google people blaming everything on fin, if their spouse left em it’s cause of fin. Lost their job, fin. Now, I don’t take fin because I was one of the unlucky ones to get side effects, but other than unwanted sexual sides and fertility issues while on it- fin is safe.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

If you google finasteride and problems, you’ll no doubt get hits on google people blaming everything on fin, if their spouse left em it’s cause of fin. Lost their job, fin. Now, I don’t take fin because I was one of the unlucky ones to get side effects, but other than unwanted sexual sides and fertility issues while on it- fin is safe.

Interesting. So, another question then, if i may ask, what sides did you get to make you decide to stop..? And are you totally sure it wasn't the no-cebo thing?

Also, I was pretty sure I'd heard there were NO fertility issues while on fin...i thought studies had been done on that....maybe i heard wrong.. 

• Administrators
Just now, follically challenged said:

Interesting. So, another question then, if i may ask, what sides did you get to make you decide to stop..? And are you totally sure it wasn't the no-cebo thing?

Also, I was pretty sure I'd heard there were NO fertility issues while on fin...i thought studies had been done on that....maybe i heard wrong.. 

No, there’s proof that it does reduce sperm count, it doesn’t make you completely infertile, but it can make it harder for you to conceive.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I'm trying to find any published research on finasteride and any negative affects on kidneys and haven't found much. Please let us know if you come across this 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

5 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

I'm trying to find any published research on finasteride and any negative affects on kidneys and haven't found much. Please let us know if you come across this 

Dr. Rassman posted a couple links on his blog recently. No idea what they really mean because I don't really read medical literature 

https://baldingblog.com/potential-long-term-effects-of-finasteride-and-dutasteride-discussed/