Does the fue donor site holes close

Matt33

Can someone please answer this question,iam three weeks after my fue and the holes from the donor site are still there,do the ever close up?and how long does it take?ive always had a close buzz cut a new was told it won’t be noticeable after a few days ,I’m having a feeling that they lied

AD9EAA65-432E-43B8-8551-003FD65F0CE1.jpeg

5AB806D6-3A88-46D7-8286-9EB889AF6CDA.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Matt33 said:

Bosley in nyc

Well, there’s your answer. I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but Bosley is a hair mill. They consistently turn out very poor results, and mediocre results at best. Take the time to read up on them on this forum to learn more. 

I have never seen scars like this at all. They will likely calm down a bit over time, but I can’t see them healing entirely or even close to it. I’m hoping a doctor or someone more knowledgeable can chime in. But I suspect you won’t be able to wear your hair buzzed that short any more. There’s also a good chance you won’t be happy with the results of the transplant and will need to go to a reputable surgeon to fix it. 

I know this is probably difficult to hear. But this is a great forum and there are a great bunch of guys here to support you and help you get educated on a proper HT and how to find a reputable surgeon. 

FUE donor site holes close by a combination of scar tissue formation and the skin naturally closing in. It looks like the donor sites may have been too close together and consequently you might have subdermal fibrosis. Have you talked with your surgeon about this or seen another medical doctor? Feel free to private message me as well. 

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

Thank you for responding,no I have not seen the surgeon yet,it is also still somewhat sore to the touch.

if I got subdermal fibrosis,does it go away?how do I look normal again?and how long before the holes close?

I also want to thank you and everyone who took their time to respond to me,It means allot and really helps,I hope I can return the favor one of these days

14 hours ago, Matt33 said:

Thank you for responding,no I have not seen the surgeon yet,it is also still somewhat sore to the touch.

if I got subdermal fibrosis,does it go away?how do I look normal again?and how long before the holes close?

I also want to thank you and everyone who took their time to respond to me,It means allot and really helps,I hope I can return the favor one of these days

Hey Matt! I hope your surgeon told you that even with FUE, you shouldn't expect to be able to shave down to the scalp without there potentially being noticeable scarring. While many surgeons are very skilled at making FUE extractions that leave almost no sign of a HT, it also comes down to how each individual patient's body/scalp responds to the trauma... Not to mention, the donor sites will never fill back up with hair, so it's possible for the donor area to be visually less dense if you cut your hair too short. All of that to say that I hope you were mentally prepared to potentially have to wear your hair slightly longer on the sides/back than it is in this picture. 

Even still, this doesn't look typical, and I can't speak to if it will resolve itself. I recommend reaching out to your surgeon - and at the very least, grow your hair out a bit to see if that disguises what's currently happening.

Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Thank you for your reply,I went to my regular dr,he said it is swollen and prescribed me a steroid cream,I plan on trying to see this surgeon monday.

no one told me I’d have to change anything,they lied and avoided every question to grab my money,the dr did not even do the surgery,the worst mistake ever going to bosley!!I thought it was the best and after learning more and more it was the worst.

• Sad 2

what was the FUE extraction method used? artas robot? manual? motorized?

if you had done even some preliminary research on this forum, I think you would have been warned about bosley immediately

On 2/27/2021 at 5:12 PM, Matt33 said:

Thank you for your reply,I went to my regular dr,he said it is swollen and prescribed me a steroid cream,I plan on trying to see this surgeon monday.

no one told me I’d have to change anything,they lied and avoided every question to grab my money,the dr did not even do the surgery,the worst mistake ever going to bosley!!I thought it was the best and after learning more and more it was the worst.

I'm very sorry to read about your experience. Like you, I wish I had known about this community before I had my surgeries as well. The steroids should help with the swelling and fibrosis. I'm not sure how long it'll take for you to heal completely. I suggest you get in touch with a dermatologist. @Dr. Vladimir Panineis a board certified dermatologist and elite hair transplant surgeon. Give him a ring. His consultations are free. 

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.