Dr. Diep FUT session with 3900 grafts

shucity

Hey all, after following along on this forum for the last couple months I thought I'd share my experience here as well. I just got my FUT procedure done yesterday with Dr. Diep and I'm pumped to start seeing results in the coming months.

A little background, I started noticing thinning and a receding hairline in my early 20s. I've been using minoxidil for about 5 years with limited success, the purported side effects of finasteride always had me too scared to give that a try. I'm 29 now and finally went ahead with a procedure after getting to relatively advanced hairloss,  Dr. Diep said I was close to a 5 on the norwood scale. I chose Dr. Diep after reading reviews and seeing his youtube videos, also being local to the bay area I was able to get an appointment super quick. I had my initial consultation with him 2 weeks ago and because of a cancellation I was in surgery yesterday!

I'm really happy to be able to get through this while I'm still working from home, hoping I'm seeing real growth by the time life is back to normal. He told me because of my advanced hairloss, I'd likely need a second procedure in the future to fill in the back and the crown. He recommended FUT to maximize my yield this time around and keep my options open for a second procedure to fill in the back.

On the day of the procedure, everything seemed pretty professional and smooth. Dr. Diep talked me through what to expect, he drew out my hairline and asked if I had anything I wanted to change. By far the most painful part for me was the numbing/anesthesia. I slept through most of the strip removal but was awake for pretty much all the grafting. After lunch I was starting to feel pain in the donor and was feeling a bit restless so I asked to get some more numbing injections and he gave me another xanax to help relax me. This helped the afternoon go really smoothly. Once I got back to my hotel, there was quite a bit of pain in the donor area. I had to take pain meds twice to fall asleep, but I was feeling quite a bit better once I woke up and am feeling much less pain today

I ended up opting for both the A-Cell and Amnio injections to help with the scarring and got 3900 grafts FUT, the breakdown is

681 - 1 hair
2006 - 2 hair

782 - 3 hair
433 - 4 hair

Anyway, here's some pictures. I'm really happy with how the hairline is looking especially compared to some others I've seen. I haven't yet been able to get a good look at the scar but they told me it was looking pretty good when I came in for cleaning. Would love to hear what you all think!

before_side.jpg

before_top.jpg

top_left.jpg

Top_right.jpg

Top.jpg

TopSurgery.jpg

left_scar.jpg

right_scar.jpg

Edited by shucity
  • Like 2

• Administrators

It will be exciting to follow your progress, every thing looks great, I believe @Skybgot a similar number of grafts. So did @Cahustler if you wanna check out their threads.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Looks very good so far! Just make sure you stay safe at home for the first 10 days. The scar area always looks worse the first month but it will heal great. Just avoid any extreme head movements and heavy lifting. Dr Diep has been producing incredible results so get ready for a really nice frame and thick head of hair. I will love to see your progress 

• Like 2

I don’t care what anyone says about some of the negativity but I’m almost a year in and boy I’m getting dates left and right now and I’m about the meet the “one” feel free to pm me for any questions . @Skybyou were right on about the dating apps swiping right a lot more now than a year ago 😂 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Skyb said:

Looks very good so far! Just make sure you stay safe at home for the first 10 days. The scar area always looks worse the first month but it will heal great. Just avoid any extreme head movements and heavy lifting. Dr Diep has been producing incredible results so get ready for a really nice frame and thick head of hair. I will love to see your progress 

Good to see you’re still around Mr Sky

Bro Ca Hustlers what did I tell you! You went MIA for a while. I figure you got kidnap from a crazy tinder swipe. Your hair looks fantastic btw. It’s crazy how much a full head of hair changes your life. Makes you want to go out more and live your best life.  Dr Diep is the real deal. That one guy that was freaking out and tarnishing Dieps name after a few months needs to come out and admit he was a little dramatic with all the negativity. Melvin should use Cahustler as another home run.  This is incredible! 

Edited by Skyb
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Skyb said:

Bro Ca Hustlers what did I tell you! You went MIA for a while. I figure you got kidnap from a crazy tinder swipe. Your hair looks fantastic btw. It’s crazy how much a full head of hair changes your life. Makes you want to go out more and live your best life.  Dr Diep is the real deal. That one guy who is as freaking out and tarnishing Dieps name after a few months needs to come out and admit he was a little dramatic with all the negativity. Melvin should use Cahustler as another home run.  This is incredible! 

I won’t hijack this post but I want to add that I used to be so worried about my hair on a date, hit the bathroom and do a come over and hope it isn’t freaking windy. Now I’m seeing a gal in SF and it’s always windy there and I just run my fingers through my hair and wing it 😂 something like that 

• Like 2

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Cahustler said:

I don’t care what anyone says about some of the negativity but I’m almost a year in and boy I’m getting dates left and right now and I’m about the meet the “one” feel free to pm me for any questions . @Skybyou were right on about the dating apps swiping right a lot more now than a year ago 😂 

hahaha my man back in the game Dr. Diep will do that to you, after my hair transplant with him, I gotta case of 'tinder fingers' haha now i'm engaged. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Hahaha it's all good guys, I was actually reading through both your threads over the last few weeks to get a better idea of what I was signing up for. I had put the dating game on hold for a little when California shut back down, I'm hoping to be back at it better than ever in a few months!

5 minutes ago, shucity said:

Hahaha it's all good guys, I was actually reading through both your threads over the last few weeks to get a better idea of what I was signing up for. I had put the dating game on hold for a little when California shut back down, I'm hoping to be back at it better than ever in a few months!

Realistically about 8 months but sooner with Dermatch or similar products , unless you are one of those freaks that grows in 5-6 months

Edited by Cahustler

I’m on my 6 week with my produce. You can still get back to dating just need to be good at BSing for a few months. I told a girl that I saw that I had a horrible mountain biking accident and that I needed to wear a beanie to hide the stitches. Once spring hits we will all be rocking baseball caps anyways. 😂

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Cahustler said:

Realistically about 8 months but sooner with Dermatch or similar products , unless you are one of those freaks that grows in 5-6 months

Yeah, a good reminder to keep expectations realistic. I can't help getting excited seeing some of the growth some folks manager after just a few months! All in good time either way.

I feel like I'm healing mostly ok, definitely need the pain meds but they help take the edge off a good bit. I have swelling along the side of my face, but it hasn't worked it's way over to my nose or eyes yet. I washed my donor area for the first time today and I was so nervous to touch it for fear of messing anything up. I can't even imagine how scared I'll be when it comes to cleaning the recipient area! 

I'm also running out of the clean pads the doctor gives for using over a pillow. He only gave me 3 and I've basically been using one a night to soak up discharge from the donor area. They aren't that dirty, so I suppose I could re-use if needed but would rather not. What did you guys do at that point, just switch to normal sheets or a towel? I tried stopping by walgreens but they didn't have anything similar

• Like 1

Just now, shucity said:

Yeah, a good reminder to keep expectations realistic. I can't help getting excited seeing some of the growth some folks manager after just a few months! All in good time either way.

I have seen quite a few Diep cases give early growth, but it’s best to think of it happens it’s a bonus 🤩

• Administrators
15 hours ago, Cahustler said:

I just made a video using you as a prime example, too many people come here expecting to look like tock stars at 5 months. Not realistic.

View my thread

58 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I just made a video using you as a prime example, too many people come here expecting to look like tock stars at 5 months. Not realistic.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/11053761_The_Potential_Role_of_Minoxidil_in_the_Hair_Transplantation_Setting

Actually there is some anecdotal evidence of minoxidil speeding up follicle maturation. People that use 2.5/5mg of oral minoxidil could possibly gain a lot by using it after surgery and through their healing process.