Is it normal, right and left side, after hair transplant

is it normal that on the one place there are more hairs growing after the transplant, and on the other place there is much less? i told LEFT and RIGHT side a week after the surgery, I still have scabs but I can see the differences. Thanks for help

Yes!!!! Thats exactly whats going on with my head right now.

I have a lot of hairs growing on my left side of the scalp, but considerably less on the right side.

This is normal.  Somebody even wrote a thread on this phenomenon:

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Shedding of the grafts will start to occur approx 1 week after your ht had been done. With the scabbing shown it’s difficult to tell. Have you got any pics from the ht day itself ? Thanks 😊 

Im after 7 days 

received_1049110015585489.jpeg

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

That all looks perfectly normal to me. How many grafts in total ? Which clinic was this ? Left and right seem to have same amount of grafts implanted from this pic. 

yeah but after a week, on the left I have a crack and less small hairs, on the right more, is it all normal ?. istanbul yooretouch clinic 4100grafts

4 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

That all looks perfectly normal to me. How many grafts in total ? Which clinic was this ? Left and right seem to have same amount of grafts implanted from this pic. 

up there you have your current state

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

It is all normal. Even the cracking which you show is normal and happens. For now follow the after care the clinic provided as the next stage will be removal of the scabs. 

I'm a little afraid that there are no hairs between the scabs, and less from one place, but since everyone says it's normal, maybe it grows as it should later

24 minutes ago, duchaine said:

Where did tou pick that clinic?

i suppose it is a low cost clinic and i suppose you didn’t get 4100z

The Polish office is organizing, I went there because one man is doing great transplants, I have 4100 densely placed and a nest in the back. in Turkey it is generally cheap, there is no need to overpay

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Patro1995 said:

The Polish office is organizing, I went there because one man is doing great transplants, I have 4100 densely placed and a nest in the back. in Turkey it is generally cheap, there is no need to overpay

Do you mind posting the website of the clinic??

• Like 1

• Administrators

After a week, all you can do is wait. That said, I disagree 100% with the notion “no need to overpay” if this was a television or even a car, yes. But this is your head and your health, you never go cheap on that.

• Like 4

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It looks to me like any "unevenness" you're seeing is from one side simply scabbing more than the other, which isn't anything to be alarmed about. As Melvin said, at this point, all you can do is wait it out. It's definitely going to look worse before it looks better, and that's just the nature of the HT. And try not to overanalyze it too much or you'll just drive yourself crazy. As long as you did your due diligence and research and made a well-informed decision on who to go with, then the best thing you can do now is trust in that and patiently wait for results to start coming through - but that's going to be a quite a few months down the road.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56