Minoxidil + Finasteride topical?

Jd98

Hi guys, I had a transplant 5 months ago and I am amazed by the result so far. I still had a lot of hair before the transplant but was thinning all over, so I looking to stop the progression of the thinning/hairloss. I’ve tried finasteride and all 3 times I’ve got sides so orally it’s just not for me and was on topical minoxidil for around 5 years and I feel like it stopped working for me. I’ve been advised to use oral minoxidil which have great results but after contacting drs near me for a consultation/prescription none have responded to me. I’m thinking to get in a topical min + fin. There’s a company here in the uk called FRESHMANS that do the mix, do you guys think it’s worth a shot?

https://www.getfreshman.com/get-started/

here’s a link, would be great if you guys could let me know what you think. Or is there’s any other ideas on how to preserve my natural hair. Thanks very much! 

I have been using topical fin and minox since October. I'm having great results with no side effects other than a flaky scalp at times. 

I am in the UK too and have never heard of that website..... seems expensive to me. I get mine from minoxidilmax and it's around £300 for a year's supply, basically the same as I was paying for proscar and rogaine foam.

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

It's good to know topical fin and minox is available in the UK though, Minoxidilmax is based in the US (I think) and until now I didn't know it was available here

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

1 hour ago, Jd98 said:

@TommyLuccheseyeh it’s a fairly new company. Great business idea for the uk. will give it a go. I could get it from minoxidilmax also, I just want to get it ASAP haha. Glad your seeing great results also!  

Thank you!

I've just read that their minoxidil doesn't contain the ingredient that can cause scalp irritation, so that explains it being more expensive. Minoxidil max do a version without propylene glycol too but it's also more expensive.... [self edit] ok I just compared prices and minoxidil max 15% minoxidil without propylene glycol and 1mg fin is £310 per year. It also has some other ingredients too like 5% azaelic acid and caffeine. I don't know how Freshman can justify nearly £500 for what I'm guessing is only 5% minoxidil and fin.

I guess for quick delivery and knowing it comes from UK, maybe £500 is worth it. 

When you get it, start slow. use half a dose for half the amount of time it directs i.e. instead of 1 ml once per day, do 0.5ml 3 times per week. I would advise doing it for a month or two, just to let your body get used to it. It will still help your hair but crucially it won't shock your body into producing side effects. There's much less chance of sides anyway with topical but I think it's always good to be cautious.

You should also look into getting a £10 dermaroller on Amazon (1mm needles) and nizoral 2% shampoo.... do both of them once a week to support your topical fin/minox.

Who did you get your HT with by the way?

6 minutes ago, TommyLucchese said:

Thank you!

I've just read that their minoxidil doesn't contain the ingredient that can cause scalp irritation, so that explains it being more expensive. Minoxidil max do a version without propylene glycol too but it's also more expensive.... [self edit] ok I just compared prices and minoxidil max 15% minoxidil without propylene glycol and 1mg fin is £310 per year. It also has some other ingredients too like 5% azaelic acid and caffeine. I don't know how Freshman can justify nearly £500 for what I'm guessing is only 5% minoxidil and fin.

I guess for quick delivery and knowing it comes from UK, maybe £500 is worth it. 

When you get it, start slow. use half a dose for half the amount of time it directs i.e. instead of 1 ml once per day, do 0.5ml 3 times per week. I would advise doing it for a month or two, just to let your body get used to it. It will still help your hair but crucially it won't shock your body into producing side effects. There's much less chance of sides anyway with topical but I think it's always good to be cautious.

You should also look into getting a £10 dermaroller on Amazon (1mm needles) and nizoral 2% shampoo.... do both of them once a week to support your topical fin/minox.

Who did you get your HT with by the way?

I had a belgravia centre minoxidil mix with them things also, but idk how much they help man. I thought it was more of a money making scheme but I could be wrong! Oh I didn’t realise the minoxidilmax one was 15% might be worth just getting that. How long did it take for yours to arrive? I’ll definitely ease my self into it and work up to the full dose. And yeah got the Nizoral Aswell will start using it again. 

And I got mine hair done at the hair of Istanbul 5 months ago. 

thanks for the helps also man!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys I just ordered Freshman also as I would prefer topical over a tablet approach.

However I have one question over this, I've spoken about this to 4 clinics in UK. One being The Hair Dr - good rep. All of them say they only prescribe tablet forms of Finastride. One told me there's no evidence for Finastride topical solutions that's why they don't prescribe it.

Why do hair transplant surgery's say this? It seems consistently they are against the topical variation