Leo83 Final decision - Open to suggestions

Hi all, first of all ty for this forum, it's doing an amazing job in making people more aware of what is an hair transplantation and what we should avoid!

Please find below a bit of information about me:

1) 37 years old
2) I suffer from Hashimoto Syndrome and I take Eutirox 75mg
3) In the past I have been taking Propecia 1mg for 4 years but then I stopped as I thought the process had stabilized
4) I have been taking Finasteride 1 mg again since 4 months now
5) I have been spraying Minoxidil 5% twice a day for almost a year
6) In the past I underwent a surgical operation to remove a cyst on my neck and I developed a hypertrophic scar which was then treated with injections with steroid-based drugs.
7) I thought my healing process was abnormal, but in reality I underwent another operation on my belly two years ago and the scar is almost invisible. Even if the redness persists.
😎 I had a visit in the past for a transplant and a donor area density of 80 follicular unit / cm2 was calculated
9)My family situation: my father almost bold especially in the crown, 2 of my brothers they have also a big receding hairline. The other brother that are around my age they all have their hair. 

I read and read and read a lot in the past months and I shortened a lot my list of good doctors for doing the operation at an affordable price, considering that I need more or less 3000 grafts (you will see in the pictures).
-Pekiner
-HLC
-HDC
-Ferreira
-Vila

Im open to every kind of suggestions, comments, consideration, please feel free and speak the truth about my condition and my list of good doctors!

Ciao!

2.jpg

crown2.JPG

7.JPG

5.JPG

• Like 1

As someone who started receding at 16 and who had a HT at 23....you are a lucky man having the level of loss you do.

I can't comment too much on your medical history...that's for a doctor to advise on. 

I know the first two names you mentioned have good reputations here - you should get in touch to arrange a consultation with each. If you're looking around Europe you could also get in touch with Bisanga and Hattingen. Hattingen are cautious and I think it's always good to get an opinion from someone who would turn down your money if they didn't think surgery was right for you.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

You've shortlisted a good group of doctors, Pekiner is my personal favourite but they all do good work so really I think you should contact all of them and see which one you feel most comfortable with. I agree with your assessment of your situation, your frontal third is quite sparse so the entire area needs addressing rather than a more typical case where it's just about transplanting into the temples and joining into the existing hairline.

Edited by BLE123

• Administrators

Out of those names I like HDC and Ferreira, but more importantly what are your goals? 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Leo83 said:

Hi all, first of all ty for this forum, it's doing an amazing job in making people more aware of what is an hair transplantation and what we should avoid!

Please find below a bit of information about me:

1) 37 years old
2) I suffer from Hashimoto Syndrome and I take Eutirox 75mg
3) In the past I have been taking Propecia 1mg for 4 years but then I stopped as I thought the process had stabilized
4) I have been taking Finasteride 1 mg again since 4 months now
5) I have been spraying Minoxidil 5% twice a day for almost a year
6) In the past I underwent a surgical operation to remove a cyst on my neck and I developed a hypertrophic scar which was then treated with injections with steroid-based drugs.
7) I thought my healing process was abnormal, but in reality I underwent another operation on my belly two years ago and the scar is almost invisible. Even if the redness persists.
😎 I had a visit in the past for a transplant and a donor area density of 80 follicular unit / cm2 was calculated
9)My family situation: my father almost bold especially in the crown, 2 of my brothers they have also a big receding hairline. The other brother that are around my age they all have their hair. 

I read and read and read a lot in the past months and I shortened a lot my list of good doctors for doing the operation at an affordable price, considering that I need more or less 3000 grafts (you will see in the pictures).
-Pekiner
-HLC
-HDC
-Ferreira
-Vila

Im open to every kind of suggestions, comments, consideration, please feel free and speak the truth about my condition and my list of good doctors!

Ciao!

PM sent. All the best buddy!

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Moderators

Since you have your choices down to a small list and you need all frontal hairline work done, you should really go back and look at multiple hairline results from each of the Drs on your list. Most Drs seem to have a certain hairline style that they almost always create with minor modifications (I don't know about these Drs in particular), so I always tell people to find a Dr who regularly creates the type of hairline that you are looking for. This includes the temple points as well if you are thinking of adding some hair there. The hairline most people are looking for is usually something similar to what they previously had, so if you're not sure what you want then I'd suggest you look at some older pictures of yourself when you had a better hairline and then compare that to the hairlines you see from the different Drs on your list. It's much more likely, in my opinion, to end up happy with your final look if you choose someone who regularly creates hairlines that you are hoping to get rather than try to get a Dr to create a hairline that he/she doesn't normally do. You also don't want to go in not knowing what you want thinking the Dr is good at this, so he will do a good job. Yes, he may do a great job, but it may not be the result you imagine yourself with.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Leo83 said:

In the past I underwent a surgical operation to remove a cyst on my neck and I developed a hypertrophic scar which was then treated with injections with steroid-based drugs.

How big was the cyst? It could be that the scar stretched from the tension if it was either a big cyst or if it was deep. There's also the fact that scars on most areas of the neck may stretch due to constant pulling in all directions as you move your head in a normal day every day. So that scar may not be how you would normally heal in other areas of your body or other situations.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Out of those names I like HDC and Ferreira, but more importantly what are your goals? 

Hi Melvin, my goal is to have a decent hairline, maybe 1 or 2 cm below the actual one, and to have some grafts also in the crown. I know I cannot be young again! 🙂

2 hours ago, BeHappy said:

How big was the cyst? It could be that the scar stretched from the tension if it was either a big cyst or if it was deep. There's also the fact that scars on most areas of the neck may stretch due to constant pulling in all directions as you move your head in a normal day every day. So that scar may not be how you would normally heal in other areas of your body or other situations.

BeHappy ty for your suggestion about the hairline. Yes I will try to have a look at some pictures in the past and to have an idea about the hairline I want. Please find below the image of the scar. The Cyst was quite big

Screenshot_20190213-164548 (1).png

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Leo83 said:

Hi Melvin, my goal is to have a decent hairline, maybe 1 or 2 cm below the actual one, and to have some grafts also in the crown. I know I cannot be young again! 🙂

I wouldn’t touch the crown, it would be a waste and could end up in shock loss.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@Leo83 I am the consultant center of HDC clinic and it seems too soon for a procedure.

It will be helpful if you can comb your hair, you're welcome to PM for free consultant and join HDC Facebook group:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.

On 2/23/2021 at 5:16 PM, Leo83 said:

BeHappy ty for your suggestion about the hairline. Yes I will try to have a look at some pictures in the past and to have an idea about the hairline I want. Please find below the image of the scar. The Cyst was quite big

Screenshot_20190213-164548 (1).png

Laser treatment can easily get rid of that scar

Scar-Removal.png

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Leo83 said:

@Doron Harati i submitted better detailed pictures to your clinic:-). I can send to you also here in PM as you prefer. 

It will be better :)

Will also make it faster.

Edited by Doron Harati

Doron Harati - Patient coordinator for HDC Hair Clinic, HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

For consultation contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654

Mail:doronhdc@gmail.com

HDC Instegram: https://instagram.com/doronhairadvisor_hdc?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

* All comments from this account should not be taken or construed as medical advice, all comments are only the personal opinions of the poster.