My hair transplant experience with Dr Suneet Soni

trek

Hello All,

My surgery with Dr Suneet Soni of Medispa is scheduled on 26th February 2021. I was given an estimation of 4000 grafts with combined FUT + FUE. I'll update this post with pictures soon. I'll log my hair transplant experience and regrowth journey here and I'll try to be as detailed as possible.

Hoping for the best :)

PXL_20210223_050043430.jpg

PXL_20210223_050047549.jpg

PXL_20210223_052554863.jpg

Edited by ravit

It’s 10:30 pm here. Surgery is supposed to start at 6:00 am tomorrow. Still haven’t seen the doctor. Haven’t spoken to him once. With my apprehensions now, I think it’s better to not go ahead with the surgery in this state of mind. What a disappointing trip this has been till now 

13 hours ago, ravit said:

It’s 10:30 pm here. Surgery is supposed to start at 6:00 am tomorrow. Still haven’t seen the doctor. Haven’t spoken to him once. With my apprehensions now, I think it’s better to not go ahead with the surgery in this state of mind. What a disappointing trip this has been till now 

hi any update?

@WandererindYeah. They have woken me up at 12 30 AM and I’ve met the doctor then. Given that’s the first time I’m speaking to the doctor, I expected a thorough discussion and communicate my density and hairline expectations clear. That certainly didn’t happen. Energy levels of the doctor as well as mine are clearly super low. 

Also I’ve assumed (probably mistakenly) that at this price (by Indian standards) it would be one surgery per day. Doctor was a bit defensive when I brought up the topic of 2 surgeries. In his words “I can charge you 5x the price and do that”. But he later explained how his process is streamlined well and the surgeries are isolated well that he doesn’t need to monitor everything and the quality won’t be compromised. I found this argument convincing. 

The meeting concluded at approximately 1 AM. The meeting went in a very indifferent manner. Probably due to the hour at which this happened. Finally I’ve decided to not go ahead with the surgery after such poor interaction and a sleep deprived night (for me as well as the doctor). 

Some how people and the doctor are trying to label this as my “confusion”.  I certainly don’t agree :)

They are good enough to tell me that they’ll transfer back my advance without me specifically asking. They were also kind enough to let me stay in their accommodation when I reached on 24th night. Their manager called me in the morning today and assured that this is an exception, not a norm.

I’ve logged all the details from start to now to journal my whole experience here but there is no point in presenting the details now. I’ll try to not let this trip go completely waste and go see Jaipur :)

1 hour ago, ravit said:

@WandererindYeah. They have woken me up at 12 30 AM and I’ve met the doctor then. Given that’s the first time I’m speaking to the doctor, I expected a thorough discussion and communicate my density and hairline expectations clear. That certainly didn’t happen. Energy levels of the doctor as well as mine are clearly super low. 

Also I’ve assumed (probably mistakenly) that at this price (by Indian standards) it would be one surgery per day. Doctor was a bit defensive when I brought up the topic of 2 surgeries. In his words “I can charge you 5x the price and do that”. But he later explained how his process is streamlined well and the surgeries are isolated well that he doesn’t need to monitor everything and the quality won’t be compromised. I found this argument convincing. 

The meeting concluded at approximately 1 AM. The meeting went in a very indifferent manner. Probably due to the hour at which this happened. Finally I’ve decided to not go ahead with the surgery after such poor interaction and a sleep deprived night (for me as well as the doctor). 

Some how people and the doctor are trying to label this as my “confusion”.  I certainly don’t agree :)

They are good enough to tell me that they’ll transfer back my advance without me specifically asking. They were also kind enough to let me stay in their accommodation when I reached on 24th night. Their manager called me in the morning today and assured that this is an exception, not a norm.

I’ve logged all the details from start to now to journal my whole experience here but there is no point in presenting the details now. I’ll try to not let this trip go completely waste and go see Jaipur :)

thats so unfortunate that u went all the way and it ended in such circumstances. but i really feel you had ur own reasons to backoff at the last minute and it should have been valid. i really wish you all the best for ur future ht. so, whats ur plan for now?

• Like 1

Just now, Wandererind said:

thats so unfortunate that u went all the way and it ended in such circumstances. but i really feel you had ur own reasons to backoff at the last minute and it should have been valid. i really wish you all the best for ur future ht. so, whats ur plan for now?

I was just going to ask the same thing 😌

• Like 1

100%. Definitely an ethical doctor.

If it's not clear, the reason I've dropped is simple 

* Not going to risk undergoing a knife without the conviction that doctor and I have clearly discussed the procedure and expectations

At 12 30 mid night, this is not possible IMO. I'm definitely tired and half asleep. Doctor also looked very tired and the conversation is going in a manner that is not productive. 

Does that mean that the doctor is not good? Ofcourse not. I've been following his work for 4 years and still think he's one of the best. It just looked like a bad day at his office and I didn't want to risk a surgery at that point

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Thanks for sharing your review, eager to see your progress happy growing 🙂

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Thanks for sharing your review, eager to see your progress happy growing 🙂

He didn’t end up going through with the Ht. hopefully he will update us to his future plans soon 🙏

• 7 months later...