Foam or Liquid for NW3 Hairline?

Rachmunas

I’ve been using Fin 1mg for 4 months now. I’m looking to add Kirkland Minoxidil 5% to my routine. Is foam or liquid more convenient for a receding hairline? I might be slightly losing hair bridging in to the middle from the left temple as well. I was thinking it might be best to use the liquid on all areas and foam at the hairline so it doesn’t drip over my face? I keep my hair about a 3-4 on the side and a little longer on top. Thank you!

Edited by Rachmunas

1 hour ago, Rachmunas said:

I’ve been using Fin 1mg for 4 months now. I’m looking to add Kirkland Minoxidil 5% to my routine. Is foam or liquid more convenient for a receding hairline? I might be slightly losing hair bridging in to the middle from the left temple as well. I was thinking it might be best to use the liquid on all areas and foam at the hairline so it doesn’t drip over my face? I keep my hair about a 3-4 on the side and a little longer on top. Thank you!

I used both foam and liquid in the past with finasteride 1mg too, however, I only used it on my receding hairline.  I preferred the foam because the liquid tended to messy and harder to apply in my opinion.  The foam would leave white streaks though so make sure to clean off any excess.  My best results came after using it day and night for about 6 months, but only a couple of fuzzy hairs.  I believe you have to keep at it for about a year to see any kind of result.  Later, I found out that it doesn't too well receding hairlines and that it's better for the crown area.  Best of luck

On 2/19/2021 at 7:44 PM, Datsun213 said:

I used both foam and liquid in the past with finasteride 1mg too, however, I only used it on my receding hairline.  I preferred the foam because the liquid tended to messy and harder to apply in my opinion.  The foam would leave white streaks though so make sure to clean off any excess.  My best results came after using it day and night for about 6 months, but only a couple of fuzzy hairs.  I believe you have to keep at it for about a year to see any kind of result.  Later, I found out that it doesn't too well receding hairlines and that it's better for the crown area.  Best of luck

Pretty much this with the the addition that Liquid is recommended for diffuse thinning since it's much easier to apply between hairs where as if a diffuse thinner were to use foam a lot of the medication would be on the hair follicles themselves rather than the slap. 

Foam minoxidil also takes LESS time to dry while liquid requires 204 hours to dry. I've also read that you shouldn't go to bed with liquid minoxidil without it fully drying.

I am using foam minoxidil on the hairline and it is far more convenient and  practical in real life.