3,500 graft FUE - Dr. Jones in Oakville, Canada

Westview

Got a wink from a super hot chick waiting at a traffic light today.

I havent had one of those in almost a decade.

Today was a good day 👍

Edited by Westview
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Valued Contributor

You have an incredible natural looking result. That is everyone's aim. Without knowing how many grafts were used in your first surgery you could always increase the density after 12 months and/or go to Dr Bisanga or Eugenix to access beard grafts along with scalp grafts for more density if you are not happy. But I really like it.

Edited by Gatsby
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gatsby said:

You have an incredible natural looking result. That is everyone's aim. Without knowing how many grafts were used in your first surgery you could always increase the density after 12 months and/or go to Dr Bisanga or Eugenix to access beard grafts along with scalp grafts for more density if you are not happy. But I really like it.

Thank you!!  I still see hairs coming through, so I'm gonna have to wait the full 18 months to see what my next step will be.  So in the spring of 2022 I will have 2 choices, use my remaining 1,000 scalp hairs + 1,500 beard hairs to fill in the top, or fill the crown.  I wont know for sure until the transplant is completely finished in April sometime

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kirkland said:

With the fibers, it looks really good! Without having seen the other colours, it looks like the gray fibers are the right shade for you. How do you feel about it?

I only used the fibers in really desperate days when I had to.  I generally dont like to use them because to me its a form of cheating.  Maybe not quite as bad as a hair piece, but I think its halfway there.

Then again breast implants, facelifts, botox and rhinoplasty are also a form of female cheating, so I guess that makes men and women even 😂

7 hours ago, Westview said:

I only used the fibers in really desperate days when I had to.  I generally dont like to use them because to me its a form of cheating.  Maybe not quite as bad as a hair piece, but I think its halfway there.

some people put hair gel in their hair to style and others might put fibers...that is the way I see it. If it is a cosmetic improvement to you and not harmful, then why not?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SLA said:

some people put hair gel in their hair to style and others might put fibers...that is the way I see it. If it is a cosmetic improvement to you and not harmful, then why not?

Yeah, I agree.

To OP: I mean, if hair transplants aren't 'cheating', but using fibres is, I don't really follow the logic. I can kind of understand it to some extent as, yes, the hair is permanent whilst your fibres will be washed away in the shower for example, but both are augmentations of your hair that you at one point didn't have. One just lasts longer than the other.

At the end of the day, I don't consider a woman wearing makeup to be cheating even when pretty much every girl I've been with has gone from being what I would consider a good looking girl to 'damn she looks really good' with a little bit of make up and some lipstick on. I know that that's not exactly how they look with just what nature provided, but it's not something my mind thinks is deceitful or anything, just a harmless way to look your best.

Maybe it would be different if I was say a diffuse thinner all over, I still wouldn't consider it cheating, but I could imagine feeling like a bit of a 'fraud' so to speak if all of my hair was essentially a big illusion that didn't really exist, but for most who are just adding a little bit here and there to cover up a thinning crown etc, it's no big deal and is no different than a woman using a touch of foundation or whatever to me.

• Like 3

• Administrators
On 9/18/2021 at 2:47 PM, JDEE0 said:

Yeah, I agree.

To OP: I mean, if hair transplants aren't 'cheating', but using fibres is, I don't really follow the logic. I can kind of understand it to some extent as, yes, the hair is permanent whilst your fibres will be washed away in the shower for example, but both are augmentations of your hair that you at one point didn't have. One just lasts longer than the other.

At the end of the day, I don't consider a woman wearing makeup to be cheating even when pretty much every girl I've been with has gone from being what I would consider a good looking girl to 'damn she looks really good' with a little bit of make up and some lipstick on. I know that that's not exactly how they look with just what nature provided, but it's not something my mind thinks is deceitful or anything, just a harmless way to look your best.

Maybe it would be different if I was say a diffuse thinner all over, I still wouldn't consider it cheating, but I could imagine feeling like a bit of a 'fraud' so to speak if all of my hair was essentially a big illusion that didn't really exist, but for most who are just adding a little bit here and there to cover up a thinning crown etc, it's no big deal and is no different than a woman using a touch of foundation or whatever to me.

^this there is nothing wrong with using enhancements. Everything we do to fight hair loss is virtually an enhancement. It’s not like you’re wearing a toupee, its just some fiber in your hair. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 9/21/2021 at 5:49 PM, Melvin- Moderator said:

^this there is nothing wrong with using enhancements. Everything we do to fight hair loss is virtually an enhancement. It’s not like you’re wearing a toupee, its just some fiber in your hair

I have used fibers in the past (and occassionally still use them).

Its just that I'd rather get to the point where I have enough density that I dont have to use them anymore

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...