3,500 graft FUE - Dr. Jones in Oakville, Canada

Westview

3,500 graft FUE - Dr. Jones in Oakville, Canada.

I am at 4 months now.  Surgery was in October of 2020.

He was one of the few doctors in Toronto who wasnt afraid to do an FUE on my grey hair.

Doctors who declined me were Dr. Cotterrill and Dr. Ashlin Alexander

About 2 weeks after my surgery

Month 1.jpg

Month 2

Month 2 - Nov 15 to Dec 15.png

Month 3

Month 3 -  Dec 15 to Jan 15.jpg

Month 4

Month 4 -   Jan 15 to Feb 15.jpg

Edited by Westview

• Administrators

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, i'll be following your progress closely happy growing. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
19 minutes ago, Westview said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how good is my growth at the 4-month mark??

I don't pass judgement on growth at 4 months. Plenty examples of guys with almost no growth at 4 months. There was a recent case posted by @firstFUT slow and steady wins the race.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Do you have any pictures of your donor area? maybe some different angles of the front and side to have an overall better understanding.

It's hard with the quality of pictures that have been uploaded to have a clear picture of how things went down in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kramer79 said:

Do you have any pictures of your donor area? maybe some different angles of the front and side to have an overall better understanding.

It's hard with the quality of pictures that have been uploaded to have a clear picture of how things went down in my opinion.

These are the only pics I got, sorry

• Administrators

Did you have any previous surgeries?

View my thread

10 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Did you have any previous surgeries?

Yes one, but I didnt get much growth.

Thats why I'm so excited to see this early growth and yet none of you guys seem to think its good growth at all.

You're certainly not giving it compliments, thats for sure.  Thats not a good sign ☹️

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, Westview said:

Yes one, but I didnt get much growth.

Thats why I'm so excited to see this early growth and yet none of you guys seem to think its good growth at all.

You're certainly not giving it compliments, thats for sure.  Thats not a good sign ☹️

Did you get FUT or FUE?

View my thread

I see improvements from months 2-4 so hang tight.  Light hair on light skin are favorable characteristics. 

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

I like the style of your hair just sticking straight up. Similar to the style I want.

I was under the impression that Dr. Jones had retired and had a younger surgeon take over his practice. Good to see that he is still in the game. Also good to see that he is doing mega session FUE's as he has traditionally had a more conservative approach in the number of grafts he would transplant in a single session.

Good luck over the next few months.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kirkland said:

I like the style of your hair just sticking straight up. Similar to the style I want.

I was under the impression that Dr. Jones had retired and had a younger surgeon take over his practice

You mean Dr. Huber??  He currently works alongside him. I think he started off as his apprentice, but he hasnt taken over his entire practice yet.  I assume that'll happen at some point though as Dr. Jones is pushing 60 and probably wants to retire soon

11 hours ago, 24needmore said:

I'll be following this closely. What was the $ per graft he charged? HST as well? 

$6 per graft for FUE.  I dont know what he charges for FUT

Edited by Westview

• 4 weeks later...

Month 5 update.  Grew a bit more  hair. Its a slow process, but at least its coming along.

I wouldnt be surprised if it turns into an 18-month affair

Month 5 -    Feb 15 to Mar 16.jpg

Edited by Westview
  • Like 1