Film coated tablets

Suzuki sz

Does anyone know

-if you cut 5 mg film coated tablets into four parts, each part 1.25 mg

-how much tablets loses on his strenght? 

Maybe 20%, 30%, 50% or even more? 

I mean because of the damaged film who protects the tablet and when it comes in contact with stomach acid.

I’m inclined to believe the tablet coating is only there to hold together the main ingredient (Finasteride) along with the filler material and give it some size otherwise it would be even smaller, plus they even warn that pregnant women shouldn’t even touch the tablets because it could get thru through the skin if I recall, but not 100% sure on that. Many have done it for years, as I did, splitting them and still being effective so I would be too concerned about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmoKramer said:

I’m inclined to believe the tablet coating is only there to hold together the main ingredient (Finasteride) along with the filler material and give it some size otherwise it would be even smaller, plus they even warn that pregnant women shouldn’t even touch the tablets because it could get thru through the skin if I recall, but not 100% sure on that. Many have done it for years, as I did, splitting them and still being effective so I would be too concerned about it.

Thanks for the reply Cosmo. 

It is also possible that the coating contains the active ingredient finasterid.

It s important that it works.

Maybe it will found some pharmacist on the forum who knows the answer what the coating contains :)

• Like 1