I rushed into a FUT appointment and need advice

On 2/19/2021 at 6:21 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

I have actually been hearing A LOT of good stuff about topical dutasteride. I need to reach out to Dr. Wesley and do an interview to hear more about it, and perhaps have him share some results with us. 

Did you ever end up asking him more about this topical?

• Like 1

On 2/26/2021 at 11:58 AM, hairhairhair2541 said:

There is no way I can pick up a lifetime 81 dollar a month expense. It seems promising but I need to find out if anyone else is selling this and if the price can come down. I also want to take on a surgery before starting any routine.

The only reason its 81 is that it's not mass produced and needs special pharmacies compounding it. If it's the real deal, companies will be jumping on it to mass produce. If not, well, you're not paying 81 bucks a month lol. Anyway, I'm sure there'll be more things down the line that give better results... You just gotta maintain your hair until they come out

On 2/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, EvoXOhio said:

Not everyone needs fin or dut to stabilize, or they have side effects from it and can’t take it. So for some minoxidil may stabilize their loss. 

This is inaccurate. If you have androgenic alopecia, minoxidil will not stabilize your hair loss. Androgens, especially dht, will still continue to suffocate your follicle. 

1 hour ago, deeznuts said:

The only reason its 81 is that it's not mass produced and needs special pharmacies compounding it. If it's the real deal, companies will be jumping on it to mass produce. If not, well, you're not paying 81 bucks a month lol. Anyway, I'm sure there'll be more things down the line that give better results... You just gotta maintain your hair until they come out

I know quite a few people in chemistry and pharmaceuticals. I may buy some and see if they can replicate it.

7 hours ago, hairhairhair2541 said:

I know quite a few people in chemistry and pharmaceuticals. I may buy some and see if they can replicate it.

Actually I checked it out. Looks like Mwambas clinic offers at 55 euros + shipping but the bottle should last you 3 months?

11 hours ago, TorontoMan said:

This is inaccurate. If you have androgenic alopecia, minoxidil will not stabilize your hair loss. Androgens, especially dht, will still continue to suffocate your follicle. 

Everyone is different. Lots of people here don’t take fin or dut and they stabilized their hair loss with minoxidil. Others require it to stabilize. Then there’s others who take it all and still lose hair. 

11 minutes ago, EvoXOhio said:

Everyone is different. Lots of people here don’t take fin or dut and they stabilized their hair loss with minoxidil. Others require it to stabilize. Then there’s others who take it all and still lose hair. 

Everyone is different yes, but the mode of mechanism isn't different. One addresses closer to the root of the problem, which is androgen binding affinity, and the other serves as a growth agonist. Minoxidil is like a firefighter splashing water on a burning house, without realizing that inside the house something is still causing the fire. Your comment is rather arbitrary, like some people could "stabilize" without taking anything, so should you just not take anything too? Follow the studies and the data, every study done with finasteride in particular shows that placebo groups on a great majority always lose more hair compared to those administered with treatment. 

6 minutes ago, TorontoMan said:

Everyone is different yes, but the mode of mechanism isn't different. One addresses closer to the root of the problem, which is androgen binding affinity, and the other serves as a growth agonist. Minoxidil is like a firefighter splashing water on a burning house, without realizing that inside the house something is still causing the fire. Your comment is rather arbitrary, like some people could "stabilize" without taking anything, so should you just not take anything too? Follow the studies and the data, every study done with finasteride in particular shows that placebo groups on a great majority always lose more hair compared to those administered with treatment. 

I never said people shouldn’t take anything.  And I never said fin doesn’t work. Please don’t put words in my mouth. I do topical minoxidil and oral fin currently, and I have a shipment of topical dut on the way so I’ll be starting that soon. I don’t get sides from fin so I’m going to do everything I can to stop hair loss. My comment was simply pointing out that fin or dut aren’t a requirement to stabilize hair loss, and they aren’t a guarantee either. And not everyone can take them due to sides. I think it is always advisable to take fin or dut if your body can handle it. 

I’m not sure why you’re being so combative and argumentative here, as well as putting words in my mouth. This isn’t the place for that, this is a place to others with their hair loss. Good day to you sir. 

Edited by EvoXOhio

1 minute ago, EvoXOhio said:

I never said people shouldn’t take anything.  And I never said fin doesn’t work. Please don’t put words in my mouth. I take topical minoxidil and oral fin currently, and I have a shipment of topical dut on the way, so I’ll be starting that soon. I don’t get sides from fin so I’m going to do everything I can to stop hair loss. my comment was simply pointing out that fin or dut aren’t a requirement to stabilize hair loss, and they aren’t a guarantee either. And not everyone can take them due to sides. I think it is always advisable to take fin or dut if your body can handle it. 

I’m not sure why you’re being so combative and argumentative here, as well as putting words in my mouth. This isn’t the place for that, this is a place to others with their hair loss. Good day to you sir. 

Thats good, I'm doing the same to try to combat this bs. I wasn't combative, I was just bringing to your attention at least that you could be more careful with your wording. Someone believing that their hair may stabilize with monixidil might give them false hope, and a world of hurt in the future when they realized minoxidil didn't do shit after years of application. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2021 at 11:55 PM, hairhairhair2541 said:

He doesn't seem to have the same mixture, just fin as a liquid.

Mwambas is better, it's liposomal. Supposed to be more difficult to go systematic yet still great results at scalp DHT reduction. Highly recommended by people who are using it and have blood tests to show that serum DHT is effected even less then on just oral finasteride. 

30 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

Mwambas is better, it's liposomal. Supposed to be more difficult to go systematic yet still great results at scalp DHT reduction.

I did have to google liposomal but that is a compelling and good new piece of information. I wonder if its worth the loss of dutasteride in the mix for it though. Where is that information found on Mwamba's page? Is Mwamba the only one selling liquid/spray in this form?

30 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

Highly recommended by people who are using it and have blood tests to show that serum DHT is effected even less then on just oral finasteride. 

Could you reiterate this? I don't fully understand you.

Edited by hairhairhair2541

10 hours ago, hairhairhair2541 said:

Could you reiterate this? I don't fully understand you.

It means that the DHT in the hair dropped significantly but body (blood) DHT did not to the same degree as if you had taken an oral dosage of the drug. Most of the side effects (if you were prone to them) come from the systematic suppression of DHT, so theoretically topical dut would be a more safe treatment. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, EvoXOhio said:

Not everyone needs fin or dut to stabilize, or they have side effects from it and can’t take it. So for some minoxidil may stabilize their loss. 

It's impossible to stabilize your hair loss using minoxidil. You're hair will be getting damaged even if it appears more dense/thick for a period of time. 

You need fin/dut or a topical AA. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

It means that the DHT in the hair dropped significantly but body (blood) DHT did not to the same degree as if you had taken an oral dosage of the drug. Most of the side effects (if you were prone to them) come from the systematic suppression of DHT, so theoretically topical dut would be a more safe treatment. 

That's what any topical formula is promising though. You didn't really answer my other questions.

Edited by hairhairhair2541

5 minutes ago, hairhairhair2541 said:

That's what any topical formula is promising though. You didn't really answer my other questions.

Yeah except it doesn't work like that for other topicals. Topical fin goes fully systematic, I have my own blood tests to prove it. 

I didn't answer the other questions because I have no idea about how the Dr sells it, I don't use it myself, just heard the buzz. 

Edited by TrialAcc
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TrialAcc said:

Yeah except it doesn't work like that for other topicals. Topical fin goes fully systematic, I have my own blood tests to prove it.

That's literally the claim made in the video I linked of Dr. Wesley though. Are you saying you've tried his before and you have blood tests to prove it wrong?

1 hour ago, hairhairhair2541 said:

That's literally the claim made in the video I linked of Dr. Wesley though. Are you saying you've tried his before and you have blood tests to prove it wrong?

Yes I got my serum DHT tested before/3 months after switching from Oral fin to topical and it was only slightly higher. This means topical fin was having almost just as strong of a systematic effect as taking the pill. 

Edited by TrialAcc

1 hour ago, TrialAcc said:

Yes I got my serum DHT tested before/3 months after switching from Oral fin to topical and it was only slightly higher. This means topical fin was having almost just as strong of a systematic effect as taking the pill. 

And what was the source of your topical fin?