My journey at HLC (Ankara). 3100 grafts

11 hours ago, Gatsby said:

That's looking great! You still have great looking hair. However would you consider topical finasteride to stabalize your hair loss?

Thanks buddy. Yes! I am considering starting with oral finasteride. Maybe even switch to oral minoxidil. Maybe I would do that in a few months whem the shock loss starts to dissapear or either after 12 months to secure the result. In any case I am reestarting minoxidil topic once the irritation goes away.

15 hours ago, Abi28 said:

Looks really good, hlc are the best in turkey.. I regret going with Pekiner and not with HLC in the first place..

Hair loss sucks, good luck on your journey.

Hey man! How come! I think Pekiner and HLC are both safe bets! I was very very close to go to Pekiner.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UPDATE: 3 MONTHS (actually more like 2 months and 28 days, since february was shorter)

There may not be significative improvement at first sight, but I can tell there IS. I explain:

3 weeks ago I totally shaved my head (of course the implanted area was done with scissors and extreme careful and patience). Then the sheddin was bigger than in the last pic I uploaded. Now that my hair has grown since 3 weeks ago I can see many new hairs, because they are shorter than the rest. Some of them are also very thin yet. This means that the growth has already started.

Medication: so about almost 2 months ago I took finasteride for 2 weeks, then switched to dutasteride, but just yesterday Im going back to finasteride since I believe dutasteride was having some side effects on me. I believe its fine I try this first year finasteride. I have never taken it before so it will be still better option than nothing. If later I decide to switch to dutas then I will, but I will get anyhow my daily antiandrogen drug. Maybe I just need more time to value which one it will be. I intend to get soon also the oral minoxidil (I have heard its better than the topical) and once I reach the 6 or 8 month mark I will also incorporate the dermapen to the cocktail)

20210510_160415.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

4 months

I attach 2 pics with different lighting. I can see that there is density missing, but just by comparing the pics with 1 month ago is impossible not to see a clear improvement. I believe that the hard part is already over.

I was worried at the begining about one side growing better than the other but now they seem quite equal.

My prediction would be that in the next 1 or 2 months I will experience the biggest improvement of the whole process. 

about my medication:

As I said before, I have never taken finasteride/dutasteride before the surgery, just topic minoxidil for 10 years. I first started with finas after the first month and I tried to switch to dutas later. Since I may have notice some sexual side effects I reduced the dosage (not eliminate, just reduced). I believe it can all be in my head but I need time to see how the meds react in my body and mind. So far I am taking 1,25mg finas 2 times a week and dutas 0,5mg once or twice a week. Having 3 to 4 days/week or nothing. May look weird but I just need to adapt slowly until I find my confortable doses.

Let me see your opinions so far 😁

20210610_122254~2.jpg

20210610_122229~2.jpg

Hi @EvansLawrence. Thanks for sharing your journey. Im also planning to have a transplant with HLC in the following months(since i can't book with Couto for at least 2-3 years 😔).  I just wanted to know how do you feel about their behaviour post-surgery. Are you getting checked, are your questions answered ?

1 hour ago, Fabulous said:

Hi @EvansLawrence. Thanks for sharing your journey. Im also planning to have a transplant with HLC in the following months(since i can't book with Couto for at least 2-3 years 😔).  I just wanted to know how do you feel about their behaviour post-surgery. Are you getting checked, are your questions answered ?

Hey! I feel you! I have actually booked already with couto a month after the surgery since I want to perfection my temples and maybe lower half centimeter my hairline. And they gave me first appointment for october 2022. 

About the post and pre they will send you at the email some documents. You read them carefully because you must be prepared for it in some aspects:

-ask already for a week or two off the job (may be even more if you work at the sun or in a dust environment/ somewheere where you may sweet heavyly)

- take the meds as they tell you

-use the benpathol on the DONOR area (in the document it didnt specify if donnor, receipt area or both, so I call them and they told me)

- use the water spray they give you every 2 hours on the receipt area until day 10 (or 12, 13... until ur crusts are gone)

-do not touch or scratch ur crusts at all for the first 10 days. Avoid any hit (special attention when entering in a car)

- and try to avoid what happened tona guy that was with me to the airport when going back. He sprayed hidroalcoholic solution (for covid) on the head since he mistaked it with the water spray.

But if u have any doubt, at the end of the surgery you talk to the doctor and, if something comes up later, u have the whatsapp of the patient coordinator and y can ask or call.

In resume: u talk to the doctor at the end but they wont check you anymore after. Unless you have doubts, in which case they will answer.

Also read carefully the pre-op instructions.

Good luck!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/9/2021 at 7:26 PM, BLE123 said:

You chose a good clinic so you've given yourself the best chance, HLC and Pekiner seem to do the best work in Turkey. 

Hi there, as someone who is contemplating between HLC and Pekiner, I'd love to know why you said this. Thank you.

On 6/11/2021 at 9:23 AM, EvansLawrence said:

Hey! I feel you! I have actually booked already with couto a month after the surgery since I want to perfection my temples and maybe lower half centimeter my hairline. And they gave me first appointment for october 2022. 

About the post and pre they will send you at the email some documents. You read them carefully because you must be prepared for it in some aspects:

-ask already for a week or two off the job (may be even more if you work at the sun or in a dust environment/ somewheere where you may sweet heavyly)

- take the meds as they tell you

-use the benpathol on the DONOR area (in the document it didnt specify if donnor, receipt area or both, so I call them and they told me)

- use the water spray they give you every 2 hours on the receipt area until day 10 (or 12, 13... until ur crusts are gone)

-do not touch or scratch ur crusts at all for the first 10 days. Avoid any hit (special attention when entering in a car)

- and try to avoid what happened tona guy that was with me to the airport when going back. He sprayed hidroalcoholic solution (for covid) on the head since he mistaked it with the water spray.

But if u have any doubt, at the end of the surgery you talk to the doctor and, if something comes up later, u have the whatsapp of the patient coordinator and y can ask or call.

In resume: u talk to the doctor at the end but they wont check you anymore after. Unless you have doubts, in which case they will answer.

Also read carefully the pre-op instructions.

Good luck!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. Was the surgery painful in any way/stage? Thanks a lot.

50 minutes ago, Fernand said:

Hi there, as someone who is contemplating between HLC and Pekiner, I'd love to know why you said this. Thank you.

It's just known, and well documented. Those two stand alone IMO. There are still a few good others (Bicer, Demirsoy, maybe Turan) but overall if you want the best bet I would choose HLC or Pekiner.