Özlem Biçer, FUE 3160grafts | 02.02.2021, Istanbul

Alshe

Hello everyone. In this review i'm going to tell about the my HT experience with Dr. Biçer.

I started to go bald something like 5 years ago. In 2017 it was evident that I have hair problems. So I've used minoxidil generic for 2 years, and there was progress, but not too much (use only original products, fellas). Since March 2020 I use Finasteride 2.5mg per day.
 I already can advice to people who starting to lose hair - go to your doctor and start the treatment immeadiately if you didn't. You'll thank yourself later for this, trust me. Maybe you don't have to go through HT.

After 8 months Fin I've noticed that some hair regrowed, but it wasn't enough. The gaps were too big already and I didn't want to comb my hair per 30 minutes to hide them for the rest of my life. So I've started doing research for a hair surgery.

Dr. Özlem Biçer wasn't the first doctor that I found, but she was the doctor who I chose thanks to this forum.
I've firmly decided to choose Dr. Bicer's clinic because of reasons that:
1) Clinic operates almost 20 years
2) They only treat 1 patient per day, and due the COVID-19 they do only 3 patients per week(so there's plenty of room to rest between the operations)
3) Dr. Biçer does the incisions part by herself and her technician team is also very skilled and experienced.

First of all I've texted coordinator of the clinic. My special thanks for Özen - she is very professional and helpful. She provided me full information with explanations for everything and was very polite. Later I've contacted the doctor directly via Whatsapp and she asked me what do I expect from the operation. She said that my age (23) is very young and she's going to be protective of my donor in case I need another surgery. She was going to take 2500 grafts. I was ok with that and we scheduled the operation for February, 2.

In the clinic Dr.Biçer did consult me again and said that she's going to take 2500±200 grafts - ~2000 for my hairline and the rest for the crown. Anesthesia and taking grafts went okay. Totally 3106 grafts was extracted by Dr.Biçer. She wanted to cover my crown because I've asked to switch the priority from frontline. So she decided to do front and crown both at one time. That was very nice of her. Also before the incision part I've been provided with scheduled lunch and a sudden piece of cake in the honor of Özen's birthday :)

After this was the incision part done only by doctor herself. Everything went smoothly and technicians had put the grafts. Also Dr.Biçer regularry checked the process and my condition.  Special thanks to assistant Mary, who speaked Russian - my native language. That was very comforting and accomodating.

Regarding all this I can surely say the whole team is very professional. My experience was great and comfortable.

I would like to post regular updates here. You are welcome to send me your constructive opinion about HT. I will also gladly answer your questions.

1IbzwnKJTVc.jpg

iawmyLPumGw.jpg

IMG-20210206-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20210206-WA0016.jpg

vNH1JOEk1RQ.jpg

XzmK_RXnO3I.jpg

Edited by Alshe

• Administrators

Eager to see your results progress, thanks for sharing 🙏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Great write up! Best of luck with it.

I had a HT with Dr.Bicer almost 6 months ago and all is going great so far.

Keep updating please, looking forward to watching the progress!

26 minutes ago, Gatsby said:

Looking forward to your further updates. One question I'd like to ask is did you find that finasteride has improved the quality (thickness) of your donor hair? Thanks for sharing!

Hello! Maybe so. It was thick enough already, I think.

• Administrators

Looking very good, I like the whorl pattern in the crown. Great attention to detail.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely stunned by your crown as the posters above mentioned. I can't imagine that's easy to do (might explain why most surgeons opt to just put the hairs in facing the same direction) and it looks killer. You're gonna have a great result! I may have to dig into this clinic myself.

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

• 2 weeks later...

1 month post-op. The ugly duck phase. Taking finasteride 2.5mg, started to use Minoxidil 5% again + Biotin 5mg daily. Almost all of the transplanted hair shedded due the shock loss. It seems it still continues. A little bit hurts to watch - it's even worse than pre-op because of redness. But I hope everything is gonna be well.

I also would be very grateful if you answer a few questions:

1) How do you think, did my donor healed well enough?

2) I want to shave my donor for 3mm length for it's too dark compared to recepient zone. Is it a good idea doing it after just 1 month?

3) Any ways to lessen the redness and fasten the recovery?

dHQ8ZfhkoU0.jpg

JqqCHK29Iso.jpg

JWHexgq76aw.jpg

S3NF6s_9Ywo.jpg

vdnvIRR4EcM.jpg

Edited by Alshe

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Alshe said:

UPD. Question №2 is irrelevant thanks to Mr. Melvin's video about ugly duckling phase. You're a clairvoyant! :D Thank you, man.

Glad my video helped 😅

View my thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Alshe said:

Well, I decided to shave my head with the trimmer to level my tranplant zone and donor. Is it safe doing it on 1.5 months?

How short did you go?

View my thread

24 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

@Alshehi, will you be updating again on month 2 ? Thanks 🙏 

Hello! Maybe I'll pass for month 2, because I shaved to 3mm and there's not much progress yet IMO.

I'll consider it on March 2. Thanks for your interest!

Edited by Alshe
  • Like 1