Has anyone tried rosemary oil?

Carbon

• 3 months later...
  • Valued Contributor

In all honesty the only thing that I have found rosemary all to benefit is a roast lamb. No sarcasm intended. It's just that I have looked at all these things over the past 36 years and personally the best results come from meds if one is able to tolerate them. All the best!

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, Crickhair said:

Im using rosemary oil, it seems to help my dandruff and stimulate my scalp. Not sure about hair loss though."

Helping with the dandruff makes sense. After all, flakes are typically a result of using a shampoo with alcohol, (which dries the scalp). Not sure about the stimulating part.  As Gatsby states, the only benefit from oil is roasting.  Do not go near the stove.....

• Haha 2

Patient Consultant for Dr. Arocha at Arocha Hair Restoration. 

I am not a medical professional and my comments should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

Onion juice, Rosemary Oil...whatever will they think of next

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

• 5 months later...
  • Valued Contributor

Just typed "Rosemary" into the the search bar to see if this had been covered.

There's some evidence for the efficacy of Rosemary Oil when compared to Minoxidil in helping with hair loss. I've requested the full paper from the authors as there's details missing from the abstract (such as frequency & quantities of application):

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/25842469/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/22517595/

I'll hopefully be able to update with the full details if I get the full paper from the authors, but Rosemary Oil may be effective long term indeed, and is probably worth a go given the comparative costs with Minoxidil. Just a FYI for anyone passing by! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using it for 2 months, I apply and massage the oil to my head and leave it on over night. Before rosemary, when i brush through my hair with my hands, 4-5 hairs fall out, after rosemary it's 0-2. I've been doing the test for a long while. Skeptical still but I'm going to give it a full 6 months to see if there's any potential growth. Also, one time after washing my hair I then went for 3 days without touching anything, just to see if it would go back to the old 4-5-6 hairs falling off, it was still 0-2, it might really be effective, it's just too early to tell, but if it really does stop DHT from binding to the hair follicles, that would be amazing.

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...