Dr. Bisanga BHR Clinic, 1800 FUE Hairline Repair 0 - 7.5 Months

• 1 month later...

Two things - 1) the Aussie sweater is outstanding and 2) do we know if the patient suffered any shockloss in the recipient area in the first few months after surgery? I'm interested in similar work but shockloss around the hairline scares me. I guess it's a step back for three steps forward in the long run but it would be encouraging to learn that Dr Bisanga has a strategy for minimising the loss of previously transplanted hair when reinforcing an area.

Thanks for your question @bw77

In many frontal restorations, Dr. Bisanga is essentially placing amongst some native hair, especially when transitioning into the "crossover" area of scalp without native hair, into areas of native hair to ensure of a smooth and natural transition and result.

This is why Dr. Bisanga will always suggest shaving when possible as the precise exit angles and direction of native hair can be more thoroughly seen and understood to ensure of less trauma to existing follicles when making recipient sites and therefore avoiding/limiting shock loss as much as possible.

The strength of the native hair in the recipient area will also have an influential role in potential shock loss as the "trauma" of surgery can trigger weaker follicles that are heavily miniaturised to fall. This is where patient depending, stabilisation with medication pre surgery can be effective.

In this patient, no shock loss was reported post surgery, but as this patient presented a repair surgery, placing in the hairline was amongst previously transplanted hair which as long as the donor is strong and healthy (where the hair was extracted from), means that it should in essence be less prone to potential shock. 

However in repair surgery such as this case, other challenges are present such as previously transplanted hair not being placed at optimal or natural angles and so further expertise is needed to avoid any transection below the scalp and to be able to blend any such hair into the restoration approach to achieve the most natural result.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• Valued Contributor

The results of this repair are incredible! One thing I’d love to know (if possible). Looking at the pre op FUT scar I can see some scarring above. I’m just wondering if this patient had a ‘punch graft’ operation when he was younger (as I did when I was young)? Looking at his age and mine it seems possible? 

• Like 1

Thank you for your kind words and support @Gatsby
The patient is thrilled.
Previous surgery included both FUE and FUT surgery but not "punch graft" or other such techniques.

• Like 1

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

• 7 months later...

21 MONTH UPDATE -

The patient has kindly remained in contact with the clinic and continues to share his updates.

See below his updated photo and video and he explains that his hair is still improving at 21 months. It really is great to see. He was a great patient and we at BHR are all extremely happy for him.

Long may it continue!!!

823958889_Screenshot2022-04-06at19_28_00.thumb.png.c27260559332635c2193beea90b15689.png

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

UPDATE!

After such a satisfying result and a very positive experience, the patient desired to return to the clinic for a further session to increase density in his crown area and place grafts into his previous strip scar that was performed by another clinic.

We will of course update regarding his most recent procedure and his journey in due course, but in the meantime we wanted to share the following video showing a comb through of his hairline from his previous session with BHR which you can see presents the most natural of results with impressive density, especially as a repair patient.

• Like 2

• Valued Contributor
1 hour ago, Raphael84 said:

UPDATE!

After such a satisfying result and a very positive experience, the patient desired to return to the clinic for a further session to increase density in his crown area and place grafts into his previous strip scar that was performed by another clinic.

We will of course update regarding his most recent procedure and his journey in due course, but in the meantime we wanted to share the following video showing a comb through of his hairline from his previous session with BHR which you can see presents the most natural of results with impressive density, especially as a repair patient.

This is just insane...amazing outcome and it looks so natural tht no human eye wud predict tht he has undergone some surgery ...he was lucky tht he was under such an artistic hands...ths outcome wud be a dream outcome for anyone who is planning for his surgery..absolutely loved it ❤️

• Like 2

Check Out My Hair Transplant Journey

--> My Thread

3611 FUE Grafts With Dr Kongkiat Laorwong | Norwood 5 | 2nd May 2023