Month into finasteride

Mat16

Hey guys, 

so I have been on fin almost for a month now without any change (still shedding as hell) but also no noticeable side effects so so far so good. Anyway I have been taking 0.25mg three times a week (MWF) and I think I should increase the dose. I wanted to ask you what do you think is the best solution. Maybe 0.5mg 5 times a week (every work day) or 0.25mg every day in the week. 
Also I wanted to ask you if there have been any links ever, between finasteride and fertility problems since I’m quite young so it’s a long way for me and I have read some sceptical threads about this topic. I know there shouldn’t be but maybe I would just like to hear a confirmation.

Looking forward to your responses

Edited by Mat16

Keep the MWF protocol, and slightly increase the dosage each time - I think that’s what the fin boys tend to recommend. 

RE. fertility, I think due to the decrease in semen volume, it is recommended to discontinue the medication whilst trying to conceive. 

Yeah maybe just throw in one half pill into that MWF cycle per week, and gradually phase out the 0.25. Avoid going to the higher doses too fast - just gradually step it up over time. 

• Like 1

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Actually this is kind of discouraging comment. Even though having a family is a far future for me (22), comment like this is kind of scary for me. Anyone with more knowledge?

Edited by Mat16

18 minutes ago, Mat16 said:

Actually this is kind of discouraging comment. Even though having a family is a far future for me (22), comment like this is kind of scary for me. Anyone with more knowledge?

It’s pretty clear that it does affect fertility. Here are a bunch of studies. You’d rather listen to guys on a forum than studies?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urotoday.com/recent-abstracts/men-s-health/male-infertility/69047-just-the-tip-of-the-iceberg-reflections-on-finasteride-use-in-the-infertile-male-population-beyond-the-abstract-by-mary-k-samplaski-md-and-keith-a-jarvi-md.amp.html

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24012200/

On 2/3/2021 at 2:16 AM, RandoBrando517 said:

In these two articles it actually just supports the thing you said before, to get off fin while trying to conceive which is perfectly fine for me. I was hoping someone with experience would comment also

thank you for your advice by the way :)

On 2/6/2021 at 7:39 PM, Mat16 said:

Well I have one more question, why do you think about regime of taking 0.5mg MWF and in the days between taking 0.25mg so in total 2.5mg per week?

Might anybody chip in?