Blood In Your Head

Weird question, possibly a stupid question:

Is it possible that my head/scalp doesn't receive enough blood to fully nourish a hair transplant?

Sometimes when I lie very still for long periods my pulse is only like 52 BPM. After waking up from a sleep I sometimes feel groggy. This is perhaps not unusual, but is it a sign that sometimes my blood pressure is low, and if so can this affect a hair transnplant? I have this weird paranoia that when I lie in bed for way too long not enough blood goes to my head lol.

Your entire body gets enough blood else it might rot.... You feel so because your donor area isn't yet sensitive due to anaesthesia administered during HT.... You will feel so for next few months..... Don't overthink, everything is fine....

• Like 1

As long as you are alive and breathing, your blood supply to your head is perfectly adequate for a hair Transplant. 

If scalp circulation was restricted to a point of it not being ok to recover from a hair transplant, recovering from a hair transplant would be the ABSOLUTE least of your concerns 😉 

A low resting heart rate above 40 BPM usually indicates a more efficiently functioning heart by the way, and doesn’t suggest low blood pressure. 

• Like 1

I'm sure they checked your BP before the transplant. It's standard procedure. You could check your medical notes for this. They wouldn't proceed if everything wasn't normal. 

Alternatively you could try headstands for a few minutes to rush blood into your scalp. I've seen some members here do that during the recovery phase.

Edited by Captain Haddock
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, deitel130 said:

Have you tested your blood pressure? Don't over think all these things. I know the first 3-4 months post HT can seem like forever. How far along are you?

My blood pressure is usually normal I think, but I have a paranoia that it might fall to a kind of low pressure when I am asleep at night.

I'm only 7 weeks and 3 days out of surgery so still a long way to go before I see the results.

13 hours ago, Curious25 said:

As long as you are alive and breathing, your blood supply to your head is perfectly adequate for a hair Transplant. 

If scalp circulation was restricted to a point of it not being ok to recover from a hair transplant, recovering from a hair transplant would be the ABSOLUTE least of your concerns 😉 

A low resting heart rate above 40 BPM usually indicates a more efficiently functioning heart by the way, and doesn’t suggest low blood pressure. 

Ok cool man. I'll take your word for it and try not to think about it so. Cheers.

12 hours ago, Captain Haddock said:

I'm sure they checked your BP before the transplant. It's standard procedure. You could check your medical notes for this. They wouldn't proceed if everything wasn't normal. 

Alternatively you could try headstands for a few minutes to rush blood into your scalp. I've seen some members here do that during the recovery phase.

They checked my BP and I think it was fine. I never thought about doing headstands. Maybe I should look into that. Cheers.

37 minutes ago, Rossybop said:

My blood pressure is usually normal I think, but I have a paranoia that it might fall to a kind of low pressure when I am asleep at night.

I'm only 7 weeks and 3 days out of surgery so still a long way to go before I see the results.

Yes, that's still early. But if your blood pressure drops really low you would probably know. Another month and a half you should hopefully enter the growth phase. Stay positive and try not to think of all these things. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deitel130 said:

Yes, that's still early. But if your blood pressure drops really low you would probably know. Another month and a half you should hopefully enter the growth phase. Stay positive and try not to think of all these things. 

It is still early man. I'll try to remain optimistic and calm. Thanks very much bro.

• Like 1