Toppik zoomed in! Crazy!

So I used some Toppik today for a video conference I had (I'm 3 months into my HT). I wanted to see what the Toppik dust looked like under a microscope.

Cool! See how the fibers stick to the hairs?

Now THIS is the illusion of density... a transplant is NOT an illusion!

toppik.thumb.jpg.6cbcd26dec873c4d7f7f817bce0b1d03.jpg

Edited by MachoVato
  • Like 2

• Administrators

How did you get such a close up picture?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent!  This is great.  But if you have shocked hairs and scarred tissue with reduced density in that zone, toppik is hard to apply and will stand out to folks under certain lights.  Ive tried it few times and it was manageable to some level with my first doctor who failed at restoration, but it is harder to apply on the failed work the second doctor left me with.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
On 2/8/2021 at 2:32 AM, Sean said:

Excellent!  This is great.  But if you have shocked hairs and scarred tissue with reduced density in that zone, toppik is hard to apply and will stand out to folks under certain lights.  Ive tried it few times and it was manageable to some level with my first doctor who failed at restoration, but it is harder to apply on the failed work the second doctor left me with.  

Have you ever tried dermmatch?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

On 2/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you ever tried dermmatch?

Melvin, i am having hard time.  I am looking at amazon.  Is the top $16 item similar functionality to dermatch?  Dermatch is like $47 plus tax.  Honestly, i wish I can get out of this nightmare.  Financial damages to getting repaired are hurting me as well.  Doctor left me with repair mess that requires much more financially than what I put down.   my goals were never addressed as discussed.  

I am hoping this dermatch addresses area temporarily,  where Dr was supposed to address and fix on my scalp.     

so frustrated with this 

A07DF82A-36D3-48EC-8AB4-610B42F156BA.jpeg

• Administrators
On 2/17/2021 at 9:57 PM, Sean said:

Melvin, i am having hard time.  I am looking at amazon.  Is the top $16 item similar functionality to dermatch?  Dermatch is like $47 plus tax.  Honestly, i wish I can get out of this nightmare.  Financial damages to getting repaired are hurting me as well.  Doctor left me with repair mess that requires much more financially than what I put down.   my goals were never addressed as discussed.  

I am hoping this dermatch addresses area temporarily,  where Dr was supposed to address and fix on my scalp.     

so frustrated with this 

A07DF82A-36D3-48EC-8AB4-610B42F156BA.jpeg

Yea it’s expensive but it works good. 

View my thread