COVID is screwing up my HT plans! Can't get to India in March.

kirkland

Our Prime Minister told Canadians today to cancel travel plans through the spring and new travel restrictions might soon be coming, making it more difficult to return to Canada if we travel abroad. I had my surgery booked for mid-March with Eugenix in India, having it moved it 2 times already (originally scheduled in October 2020).  That means that it will likely have to be re-scheduled for the third time. Frustrating. 

• Like 1

• Valued Contributor

If it's any consolation I'm in the same boat as I'm sure are many others. In Australia Qantas has said that they will resume travel (still no idea to where) commencing July. However having said that our Government still refuses to commit to a date for international travel. The way it's going I can't see it happening this year. The problem being that our government is reluctant to allow Australians to travel to high Covid countries!! I feel your pain kirkland. I've been waiting a year and it looks like another one is ahead of me.

Sorry to hear that man . . The international travel bans are certainly inconveniencing the world in so many ways. It’s frustrating, but keep head strong and don’t cave for a closer option solely based on the fact that surgery will be attainable. 

Seems ridiculous to think back to it now, but around about this time last year there was a thread on here titled ‘will Coronavirus affect the hair transplant industry’ lmao. 

• Administrators

To be honest, a couple of months isn’t gonna hurt. I foresee mass vaccination being a reality by summer time. Canada in particular has been extremely cautious, it will be nice to have the borders open. I know a few guys itching to go to Rahal and H&W.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, kirkland said:

Haha - patience and hair transplants don't often go together well. Getting the transplant is just the beginning. 

I know, we’re all eager to get our hair back. It will open. We can’t stay closed down forever. Once we open up. I plan on visiting Eugenix myself haha 😛 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

In due time Vaccines will become commonplace, travel restrictions lifted, and we will experience a somewhat normal world again.  I had my 2nd Transplant postponed because of a damn Heart Attack.  Be glad it's not that!   

We modern citizens of the world are not used to such restrictions and our impatience shows.  Your head and well-being is worth more that a few months of inconvenience.

• Like 1

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.