Does Cannabis cause hairloss?

I was doing some online research regarding cannabis use and hair loss and it seems like smoking weed is linked to hair loss. I have been microdosing on weed using sublingual sprays and was wondering if they would also induce similar effects. I have been doing due to medical reasons and prefer sprays over smoking and have barely smoked. 

I know it is a vague question and only one study is published linking these two but was wondering what others in the community think about this? Any input would be appreciated. 

cannot see it what so ever..

i have five  of my very good mates,who been canna  smokers for 30 years and neither at 45 years old have a receding hairline. fine heads of hair..

i smoked it not as much im norwoowd 7 or was lol

• Like 1

As I am someone that graduated from Oaksterdam ( cannabis school ) I can definitely say cannabis does not cause or contribute to hair loss.. 

smoking cigarettes, does cause restriction of blood flow, which can’t be great for our body or hair . But u can smoke ur weed, snort it, stuff it up ur butt and it still won’t cause u hairloss .. I hope that helps .. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The devil's cigarette does more than halt hair growth. It puts unimaginable thoughts in your head; hair starts growing from your palms and before you know it, little Johnny and the rest of your family will be dead — all by your hands. I suggest praying, as well as self-flagellation. Godspeed.

• Haha 2

FUT procedure w/ Dr. K (2012)
Second FUT, Dr. K, Nov. 2020 (mini update)
Third procedure, FUE, Dr. K, 03/21, 400 beard to scar (latest update)

I think you have found false information) This is the first time I hear that cannabis can cause hair loss and I am sure that it is not. I have friends who are bald by the age of 40, who have never even sniffed the smell of marijuana, and vice versa, those who have smoked for years and have luxurious hair. Baldness is more likely to be influenced by heredity, nutrition and hair and scalp care, and tobacco smoking can contribute to this. And as a person who orders dailymarijuana every couple of months, I can say that I do not observe this effect personally.

Edited by Hans - Webmaster
Promotional link removed.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you smoke cannabis there is a chance the embers will set your hair on fire. This can potentially cause damage to the skin and scarring alopecia. 

Thankfully the chance is small. 

Okay, I'm mostly joking, but now that I think of it most hairsprays are flammable so I do wonder if it happens on occasion...