When the odds are in your favor but you still lose...

• Administrators

Lmao my bald friend had the same thing in his DNA test. Sad, wish there was a dna test that could predict your final balding pattern. Now that would sell.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

lol mine says 87% no bald spot and same like you for early hair loss. I technically still don't have a bald spot as I have a diffuse hair loss but still.

I was not happy when I saw this a few years ago

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

Haha I didn't know this was a thing these DNA tests predicted! And while there's never a surefire way to predict with absolute certainty, I'm happy to see that conventional wisdom has started moving away from the old wives' tale of predicting it based solely on "your mother's father" - which is completely made up - and looking at someone's genetic history as a whole. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Moderators

I think they just give the percentages that are the basic averages.

68% chance you won't have hairloss by 40. 32% chance you will.  Probably the standard average chance of the population.

84% chance you don't have a bald spot. 16% chance you do. Again probably the standard average of everyone your age. More peoples hair loss starts with receding rather than in the crown, so at your current age that is probably the % of people who have crown loss.

Edited by BeHappy
  • Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.