When is it okay to cut my recipient area with clippers with a 3 guard?

Complete healing of the epidermis (outer layer) of the scalp is important before using the clippers....and you also want to make sure the clippers are not dull to minimize any tension on the hair while its being cut.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

52 minutes ago, T95good said:

How can I tell when the epidermis is completely healed?

Just visually inspect your skin in the transplant areas, make sure there's no swelling, sores, bleeding. And its normal to have some fading redness for anywhere from a week up to a few months depending on your skin type -and even if it does last up to a few months you can still get your hair cut on week 2 or 3. By the end of your second week the last of your scabs should have fallen off or come off during your shampooing (you can go ahead and scrub any remaining ones off if they are still hanging around by then)

image.png.9f94f2a9f98cc7b503e67c44deb0c9ed.png

Awesome explanation!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY