Dr Arshad, The Hair Dr Leeds, UK. 3000 Grafts FUE Jan 2021

Alex5

I can't believe it has finally happened, after months of deliberating, researching and anxiety.

I chose Dr Arshad because of various forums. The countless success stories and good reviews ultimately made it an easy decision. In my opinion, The Hair Dr is by far the best value clinic in the UK when comparing costs Vs quality.

In the original video call consultation, they said I would need around 2000 grafts. Once I arrived, Dr Arshad has a proper look at my hair and noticed that the hair loss was more significant then previously thought around the mid scalp section. He said as my doner area was excellent, and as I only want 1 transplant, it would be better to go with 2500 grafts instead....I happily agreed knowing it would give me a better final result.

He drew the hairline and said he wanted it to be conservative, but not overly so. This meant he didn't lower the hairline at all but filled in a lot of the receeding bits and obviously the midscalp. I was very happy with what he produced and agreed I wanted it to look as natural as possible.

The surgery:

The staff were incredible, constantly attentive and making sure I was happy and comfortable at all times, honestly can't fault any of it.

What I wasn't prepared for was how long and exhausting the whole day is. I got there at 7am and left at 6pm

There is a whole lot of lying down in various positions and the drugs made me feel fairly weak and drowsy for the first half of the day at least.

The first set of injections in the doner area were actually really painful and there were a lot of them! From that point on, there wasn't any pain and it wasn't uncomfortable, but it's a weird feeling that you can hear the cutting of skin through your brain haha.

Dr Arshad couldn't get enough of my doner area and in the end finished with around 3000 grafts! He found a lot of soft hairs which he said are perfect for a natural looking hairline. He then placed lots doubles and triples behind the hair line and in the mid scalp.

Regarding Dr Arshad himself, I could tell why he has so many good reviews. He was extremely knowledgeable, put me at ease and we chatted the whole way through the procedure. Absolutely top guy and so happy I chose him.

The funny thing is I went there expecting just my hairline to be done and I left with a much larger area implanted with grafts. Absolutely fine by me as it will really future proof this transplant.

At the end , I got a big bag full of drugs and the best bit is you get a wall chart tick list showing exactly what drugs to take each day at what time, so easy.

I have been spraying my head every 1 hour and doing my best to care for my grafts as carefully as possib e. The hardest thing is going to sleep, I decided to sleep on the sofa alone and keep my GF and cats away from me just in case. Sleeping with a neck pillow is the worst and I'm finding it hard to actually sleep.

Whilst writing this, I am on day 2 post surgery. It still looks pretty aweful and I'm counting down the days until I can start washing it and removing the scabs. Luckily I have taken a week off work to try and hide it as best as possible!!

Really hoping for a great result and fully understanding it's going to be a long hard journey before it starts looking better.

In terms of medication moving forward:
-Biotin daily
-Aloe Vera Gel on the grafts once scabs are gone
-Minoxidil 5% twice daily 1 month after HT
-I tried Finesteride for 3 months but got sides but going to start again on a much lower dosage, 0.5mg 3 times a week.
- if Fin doesn't work, I will substitute for Saw Palmetto daily.

I will keep this thread updated with pics and thanks for reading.

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.48.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.48 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.49 (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.49 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.49 (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.49 (4).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-01-17 at 15.45.49.jpeg

Edited by Alex5
  • Thanks 1

Work looks really good my friend. I've been reading a lot about Dr. Arshad's work and how well priced he is for the quality he produces. Looks like a well designed hairline that suits your face too. 

All the best going forward, I'm sure you'll get good results. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Everyone

I am now 4 months post Hair Transplant and I am starting to see some proper progress.

It is a huge difference from when I started and I am looking forward to more progress as the months pass by!

432365356_WhatsAppImage2021-05-17at20_29_31.thumb.jpeg.37aad984410621848955849b20327b76.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Quick mid-month update, this is 4.5 months after the HT.

The first pic is a few months before the surgery and the other two pics are today. One with my hair pushed up and the other with it pushed down.

The hairline is taking shape, however, there is a long way to go, especially on the left-hand side.

You can see it is definitely thicker than before though image.gif.b247b62a568a7e3b87dceb7a20b0f37e.gif

776214875_WhatsAppImage2021-05-26at14_29_46.thumb.jpeg.1099c77cf814bcc6d2b83c9559cd33c4.jpeg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Looking really good man 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hi this looks great. I have a consultation with him next week. You say he changed the amount of grafts from 2,000 to 2,5000 on the day. Did he charge you extra for these or just add them on? 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/28/2021 at 10:11 PM, AndyPandy said:

Hi this looks great. I have a consultation with him next week. You say he changed the amount of grafts from 2,000 to 2,5000 on the day. Did he charge you extra for these or just add them on? 

Thanks

I would like to know this too

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

6 months post HT!

I am really happy with how it is progressing so far.

The left temple is still quite a way behind the right temple in terms of growth but it's just a waiting game.

I have also started to notice that the density is slowly starting to come through in the mid scalp. You can see much less of my scalp than say, 1 or 2 months ago.

I realised I have never spoken about my Doner area so I have included some pictures to show what it looks like now.

I used Aloe Vera gel on the Doner area from around 3/4 weeks after the HT to help it heal and so far, I have not had any issues with the re-growth or patchy areas.

It is however still a bit sensitive and itchy at times!

Thanks for reading.

CollageMaker_20210713_195409307.jpg

CollageMaker_20210713_200544569.jpg

CollageMaker_20210715_151345196.jpg

• Like 2

On 5/28/2021 at 10:11 PM, AndyPandy said:

Thanks

I paid for them :)

he talked me through why I needed more grafts then originally thought and it made sense.

Our consultation was on a video call so he couldn't really see the amount of loss I actually had.

Also, I don't want a second HT so it was worth getting more grafts in this one

• Like 1

Jeez 🤩 now that’s seriously impressive for the mid way point. Your donor had recovered amazingly well ! It’s perfectly normal for one side to play catch up, that should rectify itself over the next few months. Thanks for the update 🙏

• Like 2

• Administrators

Great improvement 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.