Eugenix Hair Sciences - Difference in results for Comprehensive&Exclusive and Premium Package

I am planning to get hair transplant on Eugenix in a few months. Those who have already got transplants here, could you tell any difference in results produced by two packages (Comprehensive&Exclusive and Premium Package). I predict my scalp could take around 1500-2000 grafts. Kindly provide your suggestions on which package to choose. 

Edited by Gokul Krishnan
  • Like 1

Not sure of the exact results between the packages, but what I was told by Eugenix directly was that the 2nd tier package was the most popular and that they have amazing results from it. You just need to decide if you want the lead surgeon doing more of the extractions and implantation, rather than having more of the techs involved in both processes.

Quite honestly with you needing very little grafts comparatively to most people, I would not try and cut any corners. Paying a little extra goes a long way, and doesn't set you back too much since your not a Norwood 5, 6 or 7. 

I will also be getting roughly 2000 grafts done with Eugenix and will be going the top package so I can rest easy and have no regrets. 

My justification is that 100% of my grafts are hairline and temporal points. I don't want to risk the most visually seen to anything but the best. The feedback that I've gotten from the patients at Eugenix is that when it comes to temple points and hairline, you want Dr Arika involved in as much of that procedure as possible. Can't wait until India allows flights from the US, so I can book it up! Good luck!

3 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Personally I would avoid a clinic with packages and that doesn't put their very best into each and every patient they see. It isn't ethical.

I have to agree with this. The whole package thing isn't great.

12 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

I have to agree with this. The whole package thing isn't great.

Beyond the lack of ethics, it also makes assessing patient cases difficult. You don't know which package the patient has had to be able to compare. They have done some good work, from the little I have seen, but I would avoid.

• Like 1

Eugenix seems very business minded. They seem to be interested in setting up a big company. I think ideally they should have only one package where the main docs do the surgeries.

Is this an India specific thing? There are some other famous docs in India who too provide the "brand name" but other docs do the surgeries. But in the US, all the famous docs cost a ton, but they do the surgeries themselves.

Edited by plus

• Administrators

The package thing is no different than what many top surgeons are doing, as a patient you have a choice. It’s not like they’re delegating to technicians. The other packages are doctors. How do you think surgeons get there start? 

It’s an apprenticeship. They perform surgery under the supervision of another experienced surgeon. That’s how every surgeon has done it. If the patient is fully aware of who’s doing what during their surgery and they agree to it, based on a lower price. I see zero issues, it’s only the people who come here to stir up drama. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

I had an HT at Eugenix very recently. I was an NW4, and about 3500 grafts were recommended for me.

I opted for the Exclusive package - the one in which hairline design and slits are done by Dr Arika Bansal (but not the extraction).
This package hit the sweet spot for me because I felt I paid for exactly what I wanted. I got Dr Arika's expertise in the two crucial steps - design and slits (read slit placement). I wasn't concerned about the extraction much because Dr Arika and the team were confident that my donar would deliver the required 3500 grafts. Having said that, had I needed say 4000+ scalp grafts, which is pushing the limit to what you can do in 1 procedure, I would have probably opted for the Premium package where Dr Arika does the extraction herself.

Hope this helps, @Gokul Krishnan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, forest said:

I had an HT at Eugenix very recently. I was an NW4, and about 3500 grafts were recommended for me.

I opted for the Exclusive package - the one in which hairline design and slits are done by Dr Arika Bansal (but not the extraction).
This package hit the sweet spot for me because I felt I paid for exactly what I wanted. I got Dr Arika's expertise in the two crucial steps - design and slits (read slit placement). I wasn't concerned about the extraction much because Dr Arika and the team were confident that my donar would deliver the required 3500 grafts. Having said that, had I needed say 4000+ scalp grafts, which is pushing the limit to what you can do in 1 procedure, I would have probably opted for the Premium package where Dr Arika does the extraction herself.

Hope this helps, @Gokul Krishnan

Just curious. What was the reason you used dr.arika and not dr.sethi?

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The package thing is no different than what many top surgeons are doing, as a patient you have a choice. It’s not like they’re delegating to technicians. The other packages are doctors. How do you think surgeons get there start? 

It’s an apprenticeship. They perform surgery under the supervision of another experienced surgeon. That’s how every surgeon has done it. If the patient is fully aware of who’s doing what during their surgery and they agree to it, based on a lower price. I see zero issues, it’s only the people who come here to stir up drama. 

The different packages do have various levels of doctor and tech involvement.

@TrixGlendevon made valid points about the ethics of packages and the difficulty in determining which results are part of which package.

On a personal note, I was about to pay my deposit with Eugenix to schedule surgery with the "Premium" package when they presented me with the option to go with the "Duo Premium" package. It was a turn off. 

I'm not trying to be dramatic. Just stating how I feel.

22 hours ago, plus said:

Eugenix seems very business minded. They seem to be interested in setting up a big company. I think ideally they should have only one package where the main docs do the surgeries.

Is this an India specific thing? There are some other famous docs in India who too provide the "brand name" but other docs do the surgeries. But in the US, all the famous docs cost a ton, but they do the surgeries themselves.

From the interactions I made with Eugenix till now, I can confidently say that they are NOT business minded.

• In fact at first they told me that HT was not required at all and to go with medications. Based on my further request they suggested me 1200 grafts.
  • I made a request (which I don't want to disclose here), for which they gave me more than what I asked.

So from my personal opinion, they are not money minded at all.

13 minutes ago, Gokul Krishnan said:

From the interactions I made with Eugenix till now, I can confidently say that they are NOT business minded.

• In fact at first they told me that HT was not required at all and to go with medications. Based on my further request they suggested me 1200 grafts.
  • I made a request (which I don't want to disclose here), for which they gave me more than what I asked.

So from my personal opinion, they are not money minded at all.

you can be ethical and still be “business minded”. everyone creates their business to be .... business/money minded lol. otherwise they would not last long

i personally don’t agree with the package model, but that’s just me

7 hours ago, Ajamilo said:

Just curious. What was the reason you used dr.arika and not dr.sethi?

I din't choose as such. When I visited Eugenix(Gurgaon) for the first time, Dr Arika was available and I had a brief consult with her. I was happy with her recommendation, so just stuck with her throughout. 
My guess is Dr Arika spends most days at the Gurgaon / Delhi center and Dr Pradeep at the Mumbai one.

• Administrators
17 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

The different packages do have various levels of doctor and tech involvement.

@TrixGlendevon made valid points about the ethics of packages and the difficulty in determining which results are part of which package.

On a personal note, I was about to pay my deposit with Eugenix to schedule surgery with the "Premium" package when they presented me with the option to go with the "Duo Premium" package. It was a turn off. 

I'm not trying to be dramatic. Just stating how I feel.

Why is having choices a bad thing? It doesn’t make any logical sense to me. They’re not forcing you to pick a package. They operate in a country where cost is a huge factor. They need to have packages. They cannot rely exclusively on foreign patients.

I think having an apprentice operating at a lower cost offers the best of both worlds for people who may not be able to afford higher end surgeons. At the very least, they’re doctors and not technicians like the Turkish model. 

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

it makes sense the way Melvin explains this. apprenticeship is a thing after all. it's a not a bad thing they make it clear who gets involved at what price. And Indians in particular would need more options as $5 per graft is ridiculously high for most of the population.

and I did not question their ethics. when I said business minded I meant they are interested in opening a chain of transplant centres and creating a "brand". I am only concerned that it might eventually dilute their quality. just a healthy dose of skepticism, I hope my concerns are invalid.

• 1 year later...
On 1/18/2021 at 12:29 AM, plus said:

It's not automatically a bad thing that they are "business-minded," even if they are, and they don't seem to be that obsessive about it. The goal of many in life is to expand and contribute more and more. If Eugenix only offered one tier, it would surely be too expensive for most people's consideration, and would therefore turn away many candidates. If the clinic does a great job at hiring, training, and maintaining great senior doctors and technicians, it seems like a great thing to offer more affordable options to increase people's ability to choose the clinic. I see nothing wrong with it and approve of it completely. 

Edited by general-etwan
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, irontriangle said:

Has anyone ever got the comprehensive package? I have been searching but haven't found any. Would be really interesting to hear their experience.

We can give you the references of multiple patients if you would like to speak to them. You can inbox us your contact number and email id and we will pass along their contact details and results to you. God willing, you can also meet some of them in person.

Edited by Eugenix Hair Sciences
  • Like 1