rejected by Asmed

Dello

1 hour ago, Dello said:

One of the doctors i had a long conversation with, I mentioned finasteride, he replied to me with that it will a 100% have side effects if not right away but in a long term. So after we were done I said to myself yes I’m trying to get my hair back but I’m definitely not trying to ruin my other machine if you know what I mean! 

One of the few studies that dealt with finasteride side effects long term, over the course of many years found quite the opposite, men who initially had side effects but for some reason choose to stay on the drug eventually stopped having sides. 

I'm curious, who was this doc who'd say claim that 100% will have sides on the long run? That's quite a statement. 

52 minutes ago, Dello said:

At this point I think I’ve came to a conclusion that an FUT procedure would be my best option, and then maybe later on for a second procedure go with an fue. So I’ve pretty much eliminated all the overseas options. Im looking for a doctor in the US that would be good for my type of hair loss.  

Have you looked into Dr Konior at Chicago? I don't know his prices but he will be expensive. He has a colleague who might be a bit cheaper, Dr Nadimi, I would look into her and get a price as she is basically taught by Konior who IMO is top 3 doctor's for HT.

1 hour ago, Dello said:

I’m willing to spend up to 10k. In the US I’ve gotten quotes of 13k 15k 25k 

With that budget and with your level of hairloss, imo your only real option in North America is a Hasson&Wong FUT, they're the best with this procedure, 4 USD/graft first 2K, and then 2.3 USD anything above that. You could get about 3K and your donor would be preserved a lot better than with an FUE first. I don't think you could get the same amount and same quality in the US. 

(My own personal opinion, this is tough love here bro, but don't bother with a hair transplant if you're not willing to take finasteride. Or at least try it. Or at least a topical antiandrogen + minoxidil + dermarolling, anything that would at least stabilize your hair loss first. You basically still have hair everywhere, even if it's very diffuse, there's a REAL risk that transplanting through them without strengthening them first via an antiandrogen would permanently shock them out. Ask yourself this question: if that happens and your net gains therefore are not significant, and when you'd lose your remaining hair behind the transplant, would you be happy having 2-3K of transplanted hair and an island of baldness around it?)

Edited by UnbaldEagle

Dr Lindsay is near Washington DC, and less expensive than doctors in the major cities.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

15 hours ago, Dello said:

Eugenix is only suggesting I do the front 1200 grafts only it’s just getting more confusing every time I consult with the recommended clinics. 

That’s unusual - what’s their rationale behind that? 

1200 grafts is going to do very little for you in terms of cosmetically improving you. You would have a very thin frame of the face at best. 

2 hours ago, Curious25 said:

That’s unusual - what’s their rationale behind that? 

1200 grafts is going to do very little for you in terms of cosmetically improving you. You would have a very thin frame of the face at best. 

OP has a lot of hair on his head, even if that hair is miniaturizing. The amount of space between hairs where grafts could be safely placed is probably limited and he is likely looking at a diffuse placement pattern in the frontal area. On top of that, smaller procedures are much safer for someone with diffuse thinning because it minimizes the trauma to the scalp and reduces the risk of permanent shock loss.

Honestly, if I was a doctor I wouldn't even consider operating on a case like this if the patient wasn't willing to at least TRY Finasteride.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

OP has a lot of hair on his head, even if that hair is miniaturizing. The amount of space between hairs where grafts could be safely placed is probably limited and he is likely looking at a diffuse placement pattern in the frontal area. On top of that, smaller procedures are much safer for someone with diffuse thinning because it minimizes the trauma to the scalp and reduces the risk of permanent shock loss.

Honestly, if I was a doctor I wouldn't even consider operating on a case like this if the patient wasn't willing to at least TRY Finasteride.

Apologies OP I was confusing threads, and I remembered incorrectly that you were completely bald up top, in which you are not. 

What @Mycrofthas said is pretty true tbh, you're not the easiest of cases as those hairs that you do still have up top, will be on their last legs I'm afraid - however thats not to say that I haven't seen cases performed with patients pre ops looking similar to yours. 

Personally I'm anti finasteride, however I acknowledge the undisputed positive effects it can have on hair loss, so I will say to you like I say to everyone else on these boards - research the hell out of it, consult with your GP and a urological consultant or endocrinologist, and get as much info on board as you can, so you can make a correct and informed decision personal to you about whether to start it. 

Unfortunately, from a hair loss perspective, starting on this would be the absolute priority first step for you . . however thats solely looking at it from a hair loss perspective. 

• Administrators
On 1/15/2021 at 7:36 AM, 1978matt said:

Dr Lindsay is near Washington DC, and less expensive than doctors in the major cities.

Definitely worth visiting first.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.