rejected by Asmed

Dello

14 hours ago, Dello said:

I want hair bro 😂😂 but thank you tho! 

You're actually at a good point where hair concealers would work for you.  Your hair is thinning but not gone.  Look up Toppik and Dermmatch online.  It could help you give the appearance of more hair until you decide to go for surgery.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AB2000 said:

You're actually at a good point where hair concealers would work for you.  Your hair is thinning but not gone.  Look up Toppik and Dermmatch online.  It could help you give the appearance of more hair until you decide to go for surgery.

Will look into that preciate the feed back!! 

I absolutely agree with Melvin.  You should get a FUT megasession with H&W for your first round.  You need to do whatever you can to maximize grafts, so FUT first (maybe 2nd if your scalp elasticity permits), then FUE is the best way to achieve that.  

• Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

15 hours ago, Gatsby said:

Personally I would just pass on Turkey. If your donor is good remember it is still finite. I would be looking for a surgeon/s who specialize in high Norwood cases. Hence the recommendations you have received for Eugenix. Are you able to show pictures from the front? Do you still have your temporal points? As Dr Khokhar has stated get onto Finasteride and give it a good 6-12 months and if your hair loss has stabilized then go from there. All the best.

Thank you mate I’ll try the meds and go from there 

• Like 1

My 2 Cents 

1 - Try fin out before anything. Me and a lot of my friends were all scared of the side effects like you are. After years no ones has had any and we wish we would've started sooner!

2 - Try to do FUT first if you really want to max out your donor area. Simple put FUT targets the donor area better than FUE. once your scalp elasticity is down then switch to FUE then BHT.

3 - Look into Eugenix or HLC (its in Turkey and what I believe to be the best in Turkey) for FUE, definitely one of the best bang for your bucks and they both also do BHT which its looking like you will need.

Sorry if im just repeating what others are saying, but this is the course of action I believe to be best for you.

I agree with the others here. Give Minoxidil and Finasteride a try for about 6-12 months to help stabilize the loss. If you have no sides continue with Finasteride as it is should most likely be helpful. After that do some consults for a HT procedure and have a long term plan. You may need more than 1 procedure or you may opt for a mega session with either Hasson and Wong or Eugenix. Both have outstanding results are known for mega sessions.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, AB2000 said:

With your hair loss progression, plan carefully Dello.  There's not a lot of donor and if you use it up in a bad transplant you can never get it back.  Using meds will buy you time.

I get what you mean budd I’ll keep it in mind thank you for the advice much appreciated! 

19 hours ago, AB2000 said:

Doesn’t sound like a bad idea at all will definitely look into it thanks mate! 

What makes Eugenix capable of working with patients with smaller donor zoner/supply when others don't? 

I am in the same boat as you man. Except more advanced. I would be extremely careful.I wonder whether the fact that it is thinning without a lot of recession makes it harder (since the size of the recipient is larger). 

• Moderators
7 hours ago, Prof101 said:

What makes Eugenix capable of working with patients with smaller donor zoner/supply when others don't? 

They are very good at utilizing body hair from the start on severe case rather than many other clinics which will not using any body hair until your donor is completely depleted or never use any at all because they don't deal with body hair. There are some other places that are good with using a lot of body hair from the beginning such as Dr Sanusi Umar in CA, but since Umar is in the USA he is more expensive than Eugenics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

Eugenix. 

Your donor actually looks pretty good to me, albeit being confined to a NW6 safe zone. Your beard also looks strong, which will help you obtain upto an extra 3000 grafts hopefully! 

Keep researching, and consult with many!! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Curious25 said:

Eugenix. 

Your donor actually looks pretty good to me, albeit being confined to a NW6 safe zone. Your beard also looks strong, which will help you obtain upto an extra 3000 grafts hopefully! 

Keep researching, and consult with many!! 

Eugenix is only suggesting I do the front 1200 grafts only it’s just getting more confusing every time I consult with the recommended clinics. 

As others have said, please try Finasteride first. I did, didn't notice any side effects and got a lot of hair back. I posted about it in this forum if you want to have a look. In my opinion, if you're considering hair transplant, you owe it to yourself to try Finasteride first, because it's quite an invasive procedure and you will want to know your options. Gotta think long term.
Serious clinics will recommend the same thing, that's what they did to me anyway. 

On 1/12/2021 at 5:05 PM, Dello said:

to be honest with you all the doctors that I have spoken to here in North America are way out of my budget. I definitely wouldn’t go to just any cheap clinic. I feel like some of the decent doctors in turkey can deliver good results that are not so cheap but yet a lot more affordable in comparison to North America. 

What is your budget, if you don't mind me asking?

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

On 1/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, knight19 said:

Shave it bro if the docs are so picky.

+1 to this. Grow the beard out and go to a good barber get it faded into your sideburns and do a number 2 on top with 0 sides faded taper.

On 1/13/2021 at 5:34 AM, Dello said:

I’m located in the Washington DC area, no meds. 

I've read good feedbacks here about Finasteride. You should try it first and see the results before considering on getting a surgery. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Stubble said:

As others have said, please try Finasteride first. I did, didn't notice any side effects and got a lot of hair back. I posted about it in this forum if you want to have a look. In my opinion, if you're considering hair transplant, you owe it to yourself to try Finasteride first, because it's quite an invasive procedure and you will want to know your options. Gotta think long term.
Serious clinics will recommend the same thing, that's what they did to me anyway. 

One of the doctors i had a long conversation with, I mentioned finasteride, he replied to me with that it will a 100% have side effects if not right away but in a long term. So after we were done I said to myself yes I’m trying to get my hair back but I’m definitely not trying to ruin my other machine if you know what I mean! 

28 minutes ago, Dello said:

One of the doctors i had a long conversation with, I mentioned finasteride, he replied to me with that it will a 100% have side effects if not right away but in a long term. So after we were done I said to myself yes I’m trying to get my hair back but I’m definitely not trying to ruin my other machine if you know what I mean! 

Hmm... I'm not a doctor so I can't comment on that, but it seems to go against a lot of the scientific studies. Also, I've been on it for a year without side effects (as far as I can tell, haven't done blood tests etc). 
Plus, the surgeon I've chosen for my own hair transplant, who's a respected surgeon, says he really wants me to take it. 
Maybe get a second opinion from another hair transplant surgeon? 

3 hours ago, Vpac said:

+1 to this. Grow the beard out and go to a good barber get it faded into your sideburns and do a number 2 on top with 0 sides faded taper.

I normally get hair cuts every two weeks but I haven’t for two months now, I figured to grow it out to show the doctors my donor area. 

17 minutes ago, Stubble said:

Hmm... I'm not a doctor so I can't comment on that, but it seems to go against a lot of the scientific studies. Also, I've been on it for a year without side effects (as far as I can tell, haven't done blood tests etc). 
Plus, the surgeon I've chosen for my own hair transplant, who's a respected surgeon, says he really wants me to take it. 
Maybe get a second opinion from another hair transplant surgeon? 

I’ll definitely give it a try see how it works if I do notice any side effects I’ll just stop taking it. Preciate the feed back! 

7 hours ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

What is your budget, if you don't mind me asking?

At this point I think I’ve came to a conclusion that an FUT procedure would be my best option, and then maybe later on for a second procedure go with an fue. So I’ve pretty much eliminated all the overseas options. Im looking for a doctor in the US that would be good for my type of hair loss.