Trichotest

Suzuki sz

• Administrators

I’ve had my hair examined by several hair transplant surgeons, this test is it administered by a dr?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

37 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I’ve had my hair examined by several hair transplant surgeons, this test is it administered by a dr?

Hello,

this test is done by taking a saliva sample from the mouth with a small stick.

That sample is sent to a genetics lab.

Genetic analysis determines personalized therapy.

The analysis shows which is the best medicine for the patient.

Will a some drug have a positive effect on the patient or not.

Will the patient have side effects from some medication, or not.

This test is doing a lot in Europe.

Regards

1 hour ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yes, that test is done by a doctor and sent to a genetic laboratory in Spain.

• Administrators

In my opinion, it’s best to go to a hair loss doctor. Genetic tests are not perfect. My friend had a genetic test done recently that said the chance of male pattern baldness was low, he’s been balding for 15 years. There’s no replacement for an in person consultation.

Take a look at our list and feel free to submit consultations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

In my opinion, it’s best to go to a hair loss doctor. Genetic tests are not perfect. My friend had a genetic test done recently that said the chance of male pattern baldness was low, he’s been balding for 15 years. There’s no replacement for an in person consultation.

Take a look at our list and feel free to submit consultations 

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

The test does not determine the chance. 

The test determines the therapy. 

The test is performed by doctors for hair loss.

The test shows by DNA analysis which is the best medicine for the patient,

Which drug will work well and there will be no side effects,and what dose of the drug is needed.

Will treatment with: minoksidil, finasterid, dutasterid, alfatradiol, cetirizin, igrantine f1, latanoprost, melatonin, adenozin, arginin, desonid, betametazon dipropionat,oral biotin, prostaquinon, saw palmeto, ginseng, kofein,cistin  and plenty more blockers, and growth factors work well, or not.

• 2 years later...
On 1/11/2021 at 7:35 PM, Suzuki sz said:

The test does not determine the chance. 

The test determines the therapy. 

The test is performed by doctors for hair loss.

The test shows by DNA analysis which is the best medicine for the patient,

Which drug will work well and there will be no side effects,and what dose of the drug is needed.

Will treatment with: minoksidil, finasterid, dutasterid, alfatradiol, cetirizin, igrantine f1, latanoprost, melatonin, adenozin, arginin, desonid, betametazon dipropionat,oral biotin, prostaquinon, saw palmeto, ginseng, kofein,cistin  and plenty more blockers, and growth factors work well, or not.

Surely hairloss can be broadly divided into a few distinct categories, the three biggest that I can think of being; androgentic alopecia, alopecia areata, prolonged telogen effluvium. 

I understand certain people may have specific deficiencies of minerals or vitamins which may need specific treatment. Some may even have a hormone imbalance such as hypothyroidism/hyperthyroidism. 

But beyond that, the key treatments for each of the above are reasonably standardised and well researched. Personally, I'm not sure how a genetic test would better tailor treatment for androgenetic alopecia for example? If that's what someone has (which i dont think many would need a generic test to prove...maybe some do who knows), we already know what treatments work/help for this condition. Eg 5ARi, topical antiandrogens, androgen receptor inhibitors or destroyers, and any new treatment that comes about which can reduce the downstream inflammatory/immune cascade eg minoxidil, PRP, topical cyclosporin, topical estrogen. 

I think blood tests for minerals vitamins and hormones may well be important for some...would ve annoying to miss something easy to treat. But I imagine things like true copper and zinc deficiency are actually quite rare.

Happy to be educated more on this issue though. I will look into it more.

And I am sure the more we know about the genetics of these conditions the more future treatments may become more targeted. I guess COSMERNA is actually an example of a genetic treatment really. RNA being an expression of genes.

Thank you.

Edited by Follicle1984