Is Getting A Hair Transplant Worth It?

• Administrators

There's been a lot of threads popping up recently of members asking whether or not a hair transplant is worth it. Our job on the forum is not to convince anyone to get a hair transplant. Our job is to educate them and let them make an informed decision. Below is a video with several talking points that hopefully will help all of you decide whether or not you want to pursue surgery.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, UnbaldEagle said:

I tried my best to pay attention to what you were actually saying without contemplating how many grafts could be extracted from that nice thick beard. ADHD sucks. 

I’ve been told by Dr. Pradeep Sethi at least 1,500, and I could still grow a beard. We shall see, stay tuned 😁

• Haha 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

I think you came long way @Melvin-Moderator . Your results are excellent. I have learnt a lot about HT after my own HT only. There are lot of Pros and Cons of HT. Some of the Cons which I have gone through I will be posting on my thread very soon. People should do proper research before making up their mind so they don't get stress after HT and finally one thumb rule for all the folks who are reading this just remember your hair issue will not be fixed in one go. If you need perfect results it will require multiple surgeries. I am afraid one is not enough specially if your age is between 25 and 45.

• Like 1

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TorontoMan said:

bro you have a fucking solid beard. 

It’s the DHT conundrum, hair everywhere in abundance, except your head lol.

• Haha 1

View my thread

4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There's been a lot of threads popping up recently of members asking whether or not a hair transplant is worth it. Our job on the forum is not to convince anyone to get a hair transplant. Our job is to educate them and let them make an informed decision. Below is a video with several talking points that hopefully will help all of you decide whether or not you want to pursue surgery.

Your hairline is very v shaped and it look great on you. Who decided on the design, you or your doctor? Also, do you think the v shape can work for everyone?

Btw, what's up with that beard man, looking ultra thick, are you using some products there too? lol

Edited by JohnBob

Sometimes the good genes outweigh the MPB genes!...Ha!

• Haha 1

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

Your hairline is very v shaped and it look great on you. Who decided on the design, you or your doctor? Also, do you think the v shape can work for everyone?

Btw, what's up with that beard man, looking ultra thick, are you using some products there too? lol

I wanted a v shape so I could have the lowest point of the hairline at 7 cm and then recede back, it’s a good way to keep a low appearing hairline, while being conservative. No products in the beard that’s all genetics. 

View my thread

It's amazing how visually profound a simple V shape design can draw the eye to the lowest point.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

16 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

I wanted a v shape so I could have the lowest point of the hairline at 7 cm and then recede back, it’s a good way to keep a low appearing hairline, while being conservative. No products in the beard that’s all genetics. 

Interesting, it ended up working pretty well. A little detail that made a huge difference. HTs are somwhat of an optimization game after all. 

This was a great trick, as a suggestion for the next video maybe you could approach the hairline topic!

Edited by JohnBob

• Administrators
Just now, gillenator said:

It's amazing how visually profound a simple V shape design can draw the eye to the lowest point.

Yea, the eyes are drawn to the center of the face. I believe it’s just a primal instinct. It’s how we gauge facial expressions on others. 

View my thread

Now I am considering the same thing...a very subtle placement.

I think I will draw it in first with an crayon marker.

• Like 2

Gillenator

2 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Now I am considering the same thing...a very subtle placement.

I think I will draw it in first with an crayon marker.

Yea, I think it was THE smartest HT trick I ever came across on the whole Internet lol. It's time Melvin come clean and do a video revealing all his secrets to the community.

Edited by JohnBob
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

Hairlines 101 😁

• Like 2

View my thread

The lesson I'm getting after reading all those threads and seeing the results of other people is that while we can't *expect* a homerun result, surely there are a lot of things that can be done to increase the chances one can achieve it. 

As the saying goes, the devil is in the detail

Edited by JohnBob
  • Like 2

Just now, JohnBob said:

The lesson I'm getting after reading all those threads and seeing the results of other people is that while we can't *expect* a homerun result, surely there are a lot of things that can be done to increase the chances one can achieve it. 

Spot on 👏 

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, JohnBob said:

As the saying goes, the devil is in the detail

Yes, set ourselves up for success, joining this forum in my opinion is step #1.

• Like 1

View my thread

Dude, your beard is amazing. I wish I could grow my beard half as good as yours haha

Edited by Dr. Suhail Khokhar

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider. 

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, Dr. Suhail Khokhar said:

Dude, your beard is amazing. I wish I could grow my beard half as good as yours haha

Have you ever grown it out? Looks like you’d have a good beard. 

View my thread

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

I second that! My beard is not even a quarter of this jungle you are able to grow😁

I’ll gladly exchange some of my beard for that mane of yours 😁

View my thread

11 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Have you ever grown it out? Looks like you’d have a good beard. 

Yeah, I've grown it out. Unfortunately, it's not nearly as dense as your beard.

My advice does not constitute a patient-physician relationship nor as medical advice and all medical questions/concerns should be addressed to your medical provider.