Has anyone successfully crossed the Canada border?

I have an appointment with Dr Hasson in Vancouver that keeps getting pushed. I’m seeing on the Canada travel site that it is POSSIBLE to cross the Canada border as a US citizen for essential medical services (but it will ultimately be up to the border agent), with quarantine included. 

As much as most of us here would consider hair restoration as “essential,” I’m not sure a border agent would buy it....but wondering if anyone else has successfully crossed the border for this same reason to see a Canadian doctor? 

BB52233C-49FB-4338-A89E-79946C9D8589.png

I had three appointments pushed back for covid, then went to doc in USA.  I think you have to quarantine in Canada for two weeks B4 you can get out.  Its a bitch.  I met with Dr. Wong in person in late 2018, made appointment, then covid hit and screwed up my plans.  I would wait for the dang vaccine.  The prime minister wont open Canada until then I believe.  It sucks but that's the way it is.  I would plan your visit for late summer/Fall.  You could do virtual consult then get surgery.  Until the vaccine is distributed nothing on this planet will be normal.  After that it may still be a mess.  Hopefully not.

Happy New year!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/1/2021 at 12:38 PM, O Hare 57 said:

I had three appointments pushed back for covid, then went to doc in USA.  I think you have to quarantine in Canada for two weeks B4 you can get out.  Its a bitch.  I met with Dr. Wong in person in late 2018, made appointment, then covid hit and screwed up my plans.  I would wait for the dang vaccine.  The prime minister wont open Canada until then I believe.  It sucks but that's the way it is.  I would plan your visit for late summer/Fall.  You could do virtual consult then get surgery.  Until the vaccine is distributed nothing on this planet will be normal.  After that it may still be a mess.  Hopefully not.

Happy New year!!!!

Out of curiosity, which doc did you go with?