Dr. Taleb Barghouthi- Vertex Hair clinic. 2008 FUE grafts- 1 year result

Dear members, 

This is the case of a 38 year old with NW stage 3. He underwent a hair transplant FUE procedure on Dec 16 2019.

The surgical details are as follow:

Date: Dec 16 2019

Total grafts: 2008 FUE grafts

Hairs/Graft avg: 2.28 

Singles: 400 refined singles for the hairline

Meds: Finasteride 1 mg alternate days. 

Punch used: 0.85 mm ( 5mm length) serrated punch 

Recipient sites: 0.9 mm and 1.3 mm Sapphire blades. 

1 year results: 

Please note I took some shots in well lit daylight in my office, hence you can see some shots have a harsher lighting. 

F2DD675E-2A8B-4404-881B-A496FE12E31E.thumb.jpg.4a6a5c2f190f8c75f58f814409dfaa0d.jpg

DF262101-3B85-4C33-A328-5EB4F4864950.thumb.jpg.aa9b04ba782063989edc64e0a81829e6.jpg

Combed back photos: 

954FF52F-46F4-4222-AE0D-F163032C20BE.thumb.jpg.af17a5ba57be242b43609921e76ce96d.jpg

Surgery day photos: 

2B593C62-45E3-4F3E-83B1-4F49DD695585.thumb.jpg.4cd63270ef748043717b7781918061f4.jpg

Donor progression at various months (surgery day, 1 month, 4 months, 1 year)

7A2BC2EE-4BA5-4774-AF70-CE29B71A5CE0.thumb.jpg.ec3262facf1fe5f862b6c4a2bcd66f0a.jpg

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators

Excellent results and great presentation 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, WildBlueberry said:

@DrTBarghouthi
Looks great! How do you decide when to use a hybrid vs sharp vs serrated punch?

I tend to try several punches and see what seems to work best with me. We see a variety of ethnic variations and this dictates trying several punches and length of punches too.  

• Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

8 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I tend to try several punches and see what seems to work best with me. We see a variety of ethnic variations and this dictates trying several punches and length of punches too.  

Thank you. What kind of hair characteristics would lean towards a hybrid punch vs a sharp?

Not necessarily hair characteristics. In some cases skin tightness, laxity, and how tightly tethered the hair follicle is to surrounding skin. In some cases, a sharp punch puncturing the surface of the skin and the underlying tissue is enough to free the hair. In some cases you need more depth but then the sharp punch might injure or cut the follicle, so we use more blunt or hybrid punches for example. 

• Like 1

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

On 3/20/2021 at 3:09 PM, DrTBarghouthi said:

Not necessarily hair characteristics. In some cases skin tightness, laxity, and how tightly tethered the hair follicle is to surrounding skin. In some cases, a sharp punch puncturing the surface of the skin and the underlying tissue is enough to free the hair. In some cases you need more depth but then the sharp punch might injure or cut the follicle, so we use more blunt or hybrid punches for example. 

This kind of custom approach is critical any good transplant result, but especially with FUE. If a surgeon is not willing and able to adjust to the patient's physiology as much as possible they are setting the patient up for failure.

This case looks like a very judicious use of a modest number of grafts. A little really went a long way.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2021 at 5:40 AM, Mycroft said:

This kind of custom approach is critical any good transplant result, but especially with FUE. If a surgeon is not willing and able to adjust to the patient's physiology as much as possible they are setting the patient up for failure.

This case looks like a very judicious use of a modest number of grafts. A little really went a long way.

Agreed, too many tech run clinics do not/cannot follow this approach