UNNATURAL HAIRLINE - Repaired by Dr Cooley

HairNTear

• Administrators

@HairNTear

You can’t go wrong with either, Cooley and Shapiro are both excellent choices. I recall a somewhat recent repair of @HTREGRETS check it out. Shapiro has been at the top for decades. Not only is he skilled, but his ethics have go above and beyond for his patients. Consult with both, talk to them via zoom, you’ll know who to choose after. 

best wishes,

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

@HairNTear

You can’t go wrong with either, Cooley and Shapiro are both excellent choices. I recall a somewhat recent repair of @HTREGRETS check it out. Shapiro has been at the top for decades. Not only is he skilled, but his ethics have go above and beyond for his patients. Consult with both, talk to them via zoom, you’ll know who to choose after. 

best wishes,

Many thanks Melvin, I’ve had my consult with Dr Cooley and was super impressed. Speaking with SMG next week.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/8/2021 at 12:13 PM, HairNTear said:

Many thanks Melvin, I’ve had my consult with Dr Cooley and was super impressed. Speaking with SMG next week.

Just by way of update, I am booked in to have my procedure with Dr Cooley this summer.

I cannot wait to have this hairline repair completed, as it feels like people are constantly staring at my head thinking somethings not quite right there lol

Anyway the plan is to draw a new higher hairline, extract the worse mulit grafts in terms of angle etc, then refine them under microscope and replace further back in hairline. Then use some more grafts from the donor area which will likely include some nape hair to soften it up.

This will be my third surgery so praying that this time it will be a success, third times the charm and all that :)

• Like 1

• Administrators
6 minutes ago, HairNTear said:

Just by way of update, I am booked in to have my procedure with Dr Cooley this summer.

I cannot wait to have this hairline repair completed, as it feels like people are constantly staring at my head thinking somethings not quite right there lol

Anyway the plan is to draw a new higher hairline, extract the worse mulit grafts in terms of angle etc, then refine them under microscope and replace further back in hairline. Then use some more grafts from the donor area which will likely include some nape hair to soften it up.

This will be my third surgery so praying that this time it will be a success, third times the charm and all that :)

Dr. Cooley is an excellent choice. You’re in great hands 🙌🏼 Look forward to seeing your updates.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 minutes ago, HairNTear said:

So a cancellation came up and I’ve got my surgery with Dr Cooley tomorrow, wish me luck 😅

Congratulations man, I hope you share your experience on here, and please tell Dr. Cooley I say “hi”

• Like 1

View my thread

Just now, Melvin-Moderator said:

Congratulations man, I hope you share your experience on here, and please tell Dr. Cooley I say “hi”

I will do for sure, it’s forums like this that I wish I’d stumbled upon before my first procedure. I would have saved so much time and pain.

Thanks Melvin! :) 

• Like 2

Guys so I had my surgery with Dr Cooley and it was the best experience I could have hoped for, far beyond my already high expectations. Dr Cooley and his team are truly passionate and care about what they are doing.

The main reason for choosing Dr Cooley was that I wanted a doctor involved in all parts of the procedure and he definitely was, literally everything including detailed consultation on hairline, shampooing, cutting my hair, graft removal, electrolysis, incisions and graft placement. It is all such a well oiled machine and everyone in the team is an expert in what they are doing and on the same wavelength.

Graft count is as follows:

• Single: 453
  • Double: 717
  • Triple: 18

Total Grafts: 1188

A Cell was injected into both my donor and recipient area

30 approx grafts were destroyed by electrolysis as they would have been transacted and the rest of the grafts on the forehead were removed via FUE and recycled in to the hairline.

The team are going to send me some photos but in the meantime here are some that I’ve taken below:

(Please note this repair surgery was just 24 hours ago and I have zero pain or taking pain killers, just some slight swelling)

18AE6981-CBF5-41A3-944C-1DE24F695A74.png

E1E7B151-B760-4E8A-B5B9-ABB9CB683279.png

86CB4553-C3A0-47F3-A5C2-E2A07B2F1841.png

74704EA2-CD46-476F-8B62-931D4F1684B8.png

7D03EB0F-1762-4469-901C-1D40050D65FE.png

2A3FCA0A-6A7E-44C8-A891-7A0C1517A0EA.png

6A8A6305-24C5-4C3C-BB39-7C3E60351ABE.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, JohnAC71 said:

Excellent work! Looks really nicely refined. You have provided some great pics 🙏 Look forward to following your journey 🤩

Yes I couldn’t believe how close he could pack grafts together

• Administrators
On 4/22/2021 at 10:33 AM, HairNTear said:

@Melvin-Moderator how do change the topic name of this thread? 

What would you like it changed too?

View my thread