Jump to content

UNNATURAL HAIRLINE - REPAIR NEEDED


Recommended Posts

Hi Guys,

i have had 2 FUE procedures totaling 2500 grafts in an attempt to lower my hairline as was born with very high forehead and had some temple session.

After the first procedure it looked fairly natural but was in need of more density.

The “Doctor” was hardly involved at all in the procedure and they ended up placing many multiple grafts right at the front of the hairline, some with 4 hairs growing out of the same graft!! Not to mention the hairline has no irregular irregularities and the angles are extremely obtuse!! Overall it is a pluggy appearance.

It has cost me a lot of distress as I am constantly self conscious of people staring at my hairline :/

Wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on the best repair surgeons for creating natural hairlines?

Any help appreciated! 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Can you share pictures?

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HairNTear said:

Hi Guys,

i have had 2 FUE procedures totaling 2500 grafts in an attempt to lower my hairline as was born with very high forehead and had some temple session.

After the first procedure it looked fairly natural but was in need of more density.

The “Doctor” was hardly involved at all in the procedure and they ended up placing many multiple grafts right at the front of the hairline, some with 4 hairs growing out of the same graft!! Not to mention the hairline has no irregular irregularities and the angles are extremely obtuse!! Overall it is a pluggy appearance.

It has cost me a lot of distress as I am constantly self conscious of people staring at my hairline :/

Wanted to ask if anyone had any advice on the best repair surgeons for creating natural hairlines?

Any help appreciated! 

I am the consultant center of HDC clinic with Dr. Maras, you're welcome to PM for free consultant, these are few examples of Dr. Maras repair procedure, including mine.

 

20201018_133626.jpg

20201026_122035.jpg

20201013_163325.jpg

Screenshot_20200524-195204_Facebook.jpg

20200531_165554.jpg

20200531_165300.jpg

20200531_165438.jpg

  • Like 3

Doron Harati - offical consultation center of HDC clinic (Cyprus), HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

Feel free to contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654\ Mail: doronhairadvisor@gmail.com 

My own HT story: https://youtu.be/7M9HxBxtlm4

HDC Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

Link to post
Share on other sites

@deitel130, the first clinic in Turkey overharvested 5000 grafts from my donor and scared me forever with no growth.

For my repair procedure at HDC, Dr. Maras used 2556 grafts.

  • Like 2

Doron Harati - offical consultation center of HDC clinic (Cyprus), HT procedures are done by MD Doctors with Microscope FUE.

Feel free to contact me: WhatsApp +972526542654\ Mail: doronhairadvisor@gmail.com 

My own HT story: https://youtu.be/7M9HxBxtlm4

HDC Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/326632715435825/?ref=share

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry guys, forgot to add pics, please see below.

I’m not sure if they show just how bad it is in person but hopefully you can see the see through effect that the multi grafts, blunted temple hairline design and strange angles have.

Thanks for all your advice so far and congrats on your repair @Doron Harati, looks fantastic!

I was thinking of getting the repair done by Dr Cooley or maybe Dr Shapiro.

what are  your thoughts on these doctors?

E78690BF-7F93-4073-9DCD-B46E05FE4A22.jpeg

4488CAF1-B342-4891-A8D8-14CA5E35B758.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HairNTear said:

Yes I had looked at some repair cases and their ability to create soft natural hairlines.

I think in my case some grafts need to be extracted, do you know if doctors fue these and reuse or do they tend to just laser them?

 

We tend to FUE anything that stands out and can be recycled into a more appropriate location. In some cases when the hairline is too dense or too low, laser will be needed as extraction of too many follicles closely can leave obvious scarring. The key to repair is to try to achieve a nice result with moving some grafts around, refining the hairline and not risking any obvious scarring. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HairNTear said:

Sorry guys, forgot to add pics, please see below.

I’m not sure if they show just how bad it is in person but hopefully you can see the see through effect that the multi grafts, blunted temple hairline design and strange angles have.

Thanks for all your advice so far and congrats on your repair @Doron Harati, looks fantastic!

I was thinking of getting the repair done by Dr Cooley or maybe Dr Shapiro.

what are  your thoughts on these doctors?

 

4488CAF1-B342-4891-A8D8-14CA5E35B758.jpeg

Wow, I see what your issue is here. Some clinics seem to have much less knowledge than even an average user in this forum. But as discussed before: There are really great repair cases in thus forum. Just type repair in the "search folder" and opt for "titles only". You can get this corrected, but it will cost you...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Wow, I see what your issue is here. Some clinics seem to have much less knowledge than even an average user in this forum. But as discussed before: There are really great repair cases in thus forum. Just type repair in the "search folder" and opt for "titles only". You can get this corrected, but it will cost you...

Thanks @Gasthoerer

is there any particular US based surgeons you think would be best place to repair this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dr. Maras (HDC) is ur guy period. Forget everyone else. Just fly out and get it done right.

Dr. Nadar in Southern Texas (Mexican border in Mexico) would be my second choice.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2021 at 11:22 PM, HairNTear said:

Thanks @Gasthoerer

is there any particular US based surgeons you think would be best place to repair this?

Obviously, Konior comes to my mind (there is a nice step-by-step repair over several years) in here as well. But he is expensive. I assume there are others as well, but as I am from Europe my overview is better at this side of the ocean 🙂

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Dr. Cooley and Shapiro are both excellent choices. I think they would easily be able to refine this result. I will say this, it honestly isn’t that bad, a little too straight. But it would be easy to fix. Feel free to submit consultations using our link below:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

  • Like 1

I do not provide medical advice, recommendations, all responses are my opinion.

My Hair Transplant Journey

Melvin- Associate Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media Instagram @thehairtransplantnetwork FacebookPintrest, Linkedin and YouTube.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 6:57 PM, Melvin-Moderator said:

Dr. Cooley and Shapiro are both excellent choices. I think they would easily be able to refine this result. I will say this, it honestly isn’t that bad, a little too straight. But it would be easy to fix. Feel free to submit consultations using our link below:

https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp

Thanks Guys so much for your thoughts on this!

I think the photos don’t really show how unnatural the hairline is. 

I’m moving forward with consultations at Konior, Cooley and Shapiro.

will keep you updated on how it all goes 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

This is an easy fix, but only in the best of hands.  I'd definitely consult with Dr. Shapiro since hairlines are his speciality.  I think you'll need to punch out (via FUE) some of the poorly angled grafts on the sides, but fortunately I don't see too many multi-haired grafts in the hairline.  The frontal tuft needs a boost in density, and the hairline is a bit too straight.  But again, this wouldn't be a difficult case for the docs you're consulting with.

  • Like 1

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, aaron1234 said:

This is an easy fix, but only in the best of hands.  I'd definitely consult with Dr. Shapiro since hairlines are his speciality.  I think you'll need to punch out (via FUE) some of the poorly angled grafts on the sides, but fortunately I don't see too many multi-haired grafts in the hairline.  The frontal tuft needs a boost in density, and the hairline is a bit too straight.  But again, this wouldn't be a difficult case for the docs you're consulting with.

Cheers Aaron, I completely agree with your analysis and your right, it takes a great Doctor to get the details spot on and make things come together to look natural.

I wasn’t aware Dr Shapiro was well known for hairlines specifically?

Have you had a chance to check out Dr Cooley, if so what do you think of his work on this area?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yeah, Dr. Shapiro is renowned for his hairlines.  Dr. Cooley is great as well, definitely consult with both!

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...