Got my first SMP session last Tuesday

1 minute ago, Chances101 said:

Why do you say anywhere but the crown ? What makes the crown less risky?

because doing SMP on the crown is just filling in the crown area. doing SMP in the front, the SMP person has to design the hairline, and there is much more room to cover. its hard enough to find a qualified medical doctor to draw a decent hairline, let alone an SMP person, who is essentially just a tattoo artist. 

Just now, DenverBuff1989 said:

because doing SMP on the crown is just filling in the crown area. doing SMP in the front, the SMP person has to design the hairline, and there is much more room to cover. its hard enough to find a qualified medical doctor to draw a decent hairline, let alone an SMP person, who is essentially just a tattoo artist. 

Have you seen any good cases with crown smp with long hair as well? And what’s your opinion about Smp for fue scars? If you have any good examples or photos please share 

Just now, Chances101 said:

Have you seen any good cases with crown smp with long hair as well? And what’s your opinion about Smp for fue scars? If you have any good examples or photos please share 

i don't have any examples, sorry! I'm sure there are plenty of examples, both good and bad, on search. I've read from users on here that SMP for fue scars (it might have been for FUT, or maybe both) is a good option. 

Denver touched on a very good point here regarding hairline design. A good result means the practitioner should have solid technique, proper, SMP-specific tools and training, but also understand the basic principles of hairline design. If all three aren't in play then you are looking at a poor result.

I was not a tattoo artist. My background was actually in publishing and at one point I was even offered the moderator position on this forum. I was just a hair loss sufferer who had a botched hair transplant. I then found this forum and educated myself and went on to have several transplants with incredible HT docs, and it was Dr. Feller who introduced me to SMP. I learned how to design hairlines from the best HT docs in the business (Feller, Arocha, Alexander, Cooley). These surgeons all had similar approaches to hairline design and were constantly delivering natural results. I realized it was a good idea to understand how they designed and employ something similar with my SMP clients. 

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 12/28/2020 at 3:45 PM, justgotsmpd said:

Hi,

I got my first SMP done over 6 days ago from the only place in my country that actually had videos and reviews of the Scalp Micropigmentation procedure.

The process overall was nice and comfortable. The procedure was done by a hair transplant surgeon and his team. There are no tattoo parlors in my country so only cosmetic clinics and hospitals perform such procedures. I healed pretty quick and washed on day 3 post procedure after asking the doctor.

I’ve attached a picture of what it looks like. I’ve no idea what to think. I told them it was dark and some dots were too large and the hairline needs some work. They said yes, all that can be done and that the darker areas will fade don’t worry.

I feel pretty lost here. Should I wait it out and hope it gets better or get it lasered? Second appointment is scheduled for this Saturday (2nd Jan 2021). Any input would be appreciated.

Traveling abroad to get it done wasn’t an option, and I went through with it because I wasn’t going to fret over being a norwood 6-7 in my mid twenties and do nothing about it. I decided to go through with it fully accepting that it might go bad.

24296810-71F6-4147-9495-0E67F54D84CE.jpeg

This is very Unfortunate.There is too much migration and looks like a pattern was used.This will need laser removal and it will take 3-10 sessions of laser because of the darkness of pigment.I hope you get this right!

On 12/30/2020 at 1:52 AM, Chances101 said:

IMG_3405_Original.thumb.jpeg.e6d61716bf3794b95f2ee8785a43b301.jpegIMG_3404_Original.thumb.jpeg.e44becd6aaf290ead9db3db16b3aaf93.jpegIMG_3404_Original.thumb.jpeg.e44becd6aaf290ead9db3db16b3aaf93.jpeg

IMG_3755.jpeg

IMG_3756.jpeg

IMG_3673.jpeg

IMG_3676.jpeg

IMG_4923_Facetune_20-02-2018-09-18-19_Original.jpeg