When should I remove my scabs (photos attached)

I am 8 days post op and still have 90% of my scabs, is this normal? I see a lot of people here losing there scabs sooner. Should I wait till day 10 to remove these as I was told by my surgeon or would sooner be better so the grafts can grow?

IMG_20201224_052945.jpg

I think it looks good. I wouldnt force the scabs off, let them get to a stage where they are ready to just be rubbed off. You will know when they feel ready. 

Once you are washing the area correctly they will naturally get to that point very soon.

Best of luck! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I just had a fut, I am copy some contents,

Use a surgical sponge to lather up some Johnson baby shampoo, then squeeze the soapy water onto transplanted area being careful not to directly touch the sponge on the transplanted site. Gently rinse off with cold to lukewarm water using a cup to pour over the area. Be gentle when rinsing as the grafts can dislodge.then allow area to air dry.do not pat dry. Hair wash should only be 5 to 10 minute long.

On 12/24/2020 at 11:31 AM, T95good said:

I am 8 days post op and still have 90% of my scabs, is this normal? I see a lot of people here losing there scabs sooner. Should I wait till day 10 to remove these as I was told by my surgeon or would sooner be better so the grafts can grow?

IMG_20201224_052945.jpg

Have you been spraying them? It all depends on your surgeons advice but if they have given you mild shampoo I would rub it in with your fingertips and time 10 minutes before giving them another gentle finger massage and wash. Anything ready to come off will, anything still healing shouldn't budge.