Dr. Konior, December 2020, FUT 2,380 Grafts

uklex0608

Just now, uklex0608 said:

Of course!  I haven’t thought about it as much lately as I’ve been having a very active summer (and because it’s gone so well).  But if I slip again, I have alerts set on this post, so just call me out!  :)

That’s great 😃 thanks 🙏 it’s awesome to hear your not really thinking about is as much ! Sign of a good transplant/happy patient 👏

• Administrators

Looking fantastic as expected with Konior 👏🏼

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

@uklex0608 Looking great!  Do you bleach your hair or does it naturally have blonde highlights?  It was reminding me of some of the old school H&W patients. 

Dr. G: 1,000 grafts (FUT) 2008

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

My Hair Transplant Journey with Shapiro Medical Group

• 1 month later...

We're now at 6.5 months, so I thought I'd share some new pictures.  My hair is definitely keeping me happy--it's taken on a bit of a wavy curly aspect I never had much of before (despite wearing the "bedhead" look for going on 20 years) if anything I think it just adds more to the illusion of fullness so I'm not complaining.  Thought I'd share a hairline photo as well as a downward view into the recipient area, that way there's stuff to really compare against the original photos.

IMG_2730.JPEG.ff64c843a3812cfe7328a4d89a1fa36b.JPEGIMG_2733.thumb.JPEG.25f87c76f0906319c34f6a185ef05fd7.JPEGIMG_2734.thumb.JPEG.82271ac2c3289689a758b63fbbb039b9.JPEG

• Like 5

My Hair Transplant: 12/14/2020, 2,380 FUT, Dr. Konior
Medication:  Finasteride 1mg daily (most days I remember)

• Administrators

Looks excellent for 6 months. This is gonna be a home run. Although, we should start using different phrases for our UK members, this is gonna be a hat trick. 

• Haha 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

@giegnosiganoe, You actually caused me to go back to the old high school photos and you are correct, it's not that different.  I guess where it had been so thin for over a decade, I had forgotten about it doing that, as it wasn't as noticeable when styling with heavy product--I guess the clock has turned back even more than I was thinking it had.

Here's the FUT scar, you can spot it, but it's not raised or anything.  This video is of it at it's widest point, as you can see it gets narrower away from that center.  I likely stretched it there somehow.

giphy.gif.b14a08a260ac01b1f3f79270c97e48a2.gif

Edited by uklex0608
  • Like 5

Things are looking good, hairline very natural.  Love the vid of the donor area and strip scar.  Happy you did FUT?  Looks like you have more strips in the bank.

Dr. Paul Shapiro: 2,348 grafts (FUT) 2009 ~ 1,999 grafts (FUT) 2011 ~ 300 grafts (Scar Reduction) 2013

Dr. Konior: 771 grafts (FUT) 2015 ~ 558 grafts (FUT) 2017 ~ 1,124 grafts (FUE) 2020

@aaron1234  Yes, I'm very happy with my choice.  I wanted to do the strip because of the arguments that you can get more hairs at the end of the day by starting with strip and switching to FUE when there are no more strips to take.  I had just turned 31 when I had the procedure.  Depending on how my hair loss looks over the next 5-10 years, I'll either feel confident that I won't need another and do FUE to fill in the scar so that I can go shorter on the back, because why not?  Or... I'll start preparing myself for a round 2 of FUT.

• Like 1

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, uklex0608 said:

@giegnosiganoe, You actually caused me to go back to the old high school photos and you are correct, it's not that different.  I guess where it had been so thin for over a decade, I had forgotten about it doing that, as it wasn't as noticeable when styling with heavy product--I guess the clock has turned back even more than I was thinking it had.

Here's the FUT scar, you can spot it, but it's not raised or anything.  This video is of it at it's widest point, as you can see it gets narrower away from that center.  I likely stretched it there somehow.

giphy.gif.b14a08a260ac01b1f3f79270c97e48a2.gif

How’d you do that? Created your own gif?

View my thread

Man!! I swear to god I could fool my friends by telling them your “before photos” are actually me. We have the exact same hair loss, color, viscosity and texture. So having reached out to the Chicagohairinstitute last week I’m happy to say that your journey and results may be all I need to pull the trigger. However, I was contacted by Dr. Nadimi and not Konior. She suggested around the same amount of grafts as you had (but I consulted with her initially regarding FUE) After seeing your results I’m wondering if I should consider FUT first. Here are some questions for you and others on this thread:

1) I couldn’t find an accurate cost of what your transplant would have cost, can someone share with me?

2) Is the $200 consultation fee absorbed after I book the full procedure?

3) I’m tossing up between FUE-HLC (Turkey), Bruno Ferreira (Portugal), and bernsteinmedical (New York) , with Chicago being my No.1 choice at this stage. 

Would anyone like to weigh in on those other 3 if you have heard good or bad things?

I look forward to your next update!

• Administrators
7 hours ago, GaryStruthers said:

Man!! I swear to god I could fool my friends by telling them your “before photos” are actually me. We have the exact same hair loss, color, viscosity and texture. So having reached out to the Chicagohairinstitute last week I’m happy to say that your journey and results may be all I need to pull the trigger. However, I was contacted by Dr. Nadimi and not Konior. She suggested around the same amount of grafts as you had (but I consulted with her initially regarding FUE) After seeing your results I’m wondering if I should consider FUT first. Here are some questions for you and others on this thread:

1) I couldn’t find an accurate cost of what your transplant would have cost, can someone share with me?

2) Is the $200 consultation fee absorbed after I book the full procedure?

3) I’m tossing up between FUE-HLC (Turkey), Bruno Ferreira (Portugal), and bernsteinmedical (New York) , with Chicago being my No.1 choice at this stage. 

Would anyone like to weigh in on those other 3 if you have heard good or bad things?

I look forward to your next update!

You should start your own thread. 

• Like 2

View my thread

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here we are coming up on ten months next week.  Got a haircut yesterday and took some pictures before and after as an update for the group, as well as one of the back afterwards to show how unnoticeable the scar is for those concerned.  My hair stylist talked me into trying out a three guard.  He's convinced I could go very very short without showing the scar--I'm beginning to think he's right and might try a two next time.  Will report back if I do.

Before Haircut
IMG_0196.thumb.JPEG.4e6cebb713e890e26d184636016d0edb.JPEG

After Haircut & Styled
IMG_0205.jpeg.11e2f2cd84c43a8f098ebeea58d101f4.jpeg

After Haircut Back
IMG_0204.thumb.JPEG.75fa0b034a948f289e93e8a818f0bc4d.JPEG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
Just now, uklex0608 said:

Here we are coming up on ten months next week.  Got a haircut yesterday and took some pictures before and after as an update for the group, as well as one of the back afterwards to show how unnoticeable the scar is for those concerned.  My hair stylist talked me into trying out a three guard.  He's convinced I could go very very short without showing the scar--I'm beginning to think he's right and might try a two next time.  Will report back if I do.

Before Haircut
IMG_0196.thumb.JPEG.4e6cebb713e890e26d184636016d0edb.JPEG

After Haircut & Styled
IMG_0205.jpeg.11e2f2cd84c43a8f098ebeea58d101f4.jpeg

After Haircut Back
IMG_0204.thumb.JPEG.75fa0b034a948f289e93e8a818f0bc4d.JPEG

You look amazing man 👏🏼

• Thanks 1

View my thread

Since your strip scar is undetectable at a 3 guard I assume you're content you went with FUT over FUE.  Incredible results!