Dr.Erkan Demirsoy FUE *BLONDE* 2536 Grafts

Beaumontabc

Foreword

After much research and consideration I decided to undergo FUE surgery with Dr.Erkan Demirsoy at his clinic Armamed, istanbul.

I thought it would be important to find reviews involving people with blonde hair when looking for a surgeon/clinic with experience with my hair type, as i had a consultation with another clinic and they told me blonde hair tends to be very fine and more densely packed. I struggled to find many examples and that is why I am making this review so other blondies can feel confident in there choice of surgeon.

My Experience

Day 1

Arrival Day- Arrived at Instanbul S.Gokcen had a lovely taxi ride in the back of a Mercedes Vito all to myself waiting for me upon arrival and Muzzafer kept me informed that if there was an issue to contact him. I Chose the hotel and transfers provided by Armamed (CITY LOFT) I thought this was the safer option seen as I was carrying nearly £4000 in reddies, i actually had it in my pocket during the surgery just to be on the safe side.

Day 2

Surgery Day- Got picked up at 0800 and 10 min ride to the clinic located in a modern skyscraper overlooking Istanbul. Then had my consultation then went in for the surgery. the only bit that hurt was the anesthetic injections after that was all good. Also they gave me a xanex tablet to "relax me for the surgery" needless to say that worked 😅. I Then paid up and went back tot he hotel. When the anesthetic wore off it was abit painful but you are given painkillers that do the trick.

Day 3 

Recovery Day- As mentioned before i used the provided hotel and transfers provided by Armamed, I was incredibly impressed it is more like a 1 bed flat with kitchenette sitting room etc, very modern. Fantastic food/room service the menu is mostly in Turkish but you can use the google translator app. You may save a few quid organizing your own but the last thing you want when you go through this is more stress and hassle. Also breakfast is included.

Day 4

Return Day- Pick up went seamlessly and the airport was okay bit small but the less walking the better post op. They advice not to wear a hat even though they advice your bring one in the email (I believe only for if it is a hot, sunny day to protect from UV rays). But be prepared walk around the airport with everything on show and a swollen head, don't worry i can almost guarantee you wont be the only one! 😅

Advice

• **Pre-Op PCR COVID TEST** if you are thinking of getting this done during covid times make sure you get a covid test booked well before as i only found out the week before and i had to drive for hours to get one in time. Not a requirement for entry to Turkey but for entry to the clinic.
  • This didn't really bother me but Dr Demirsoy doesn't speak English but Muzzafer was a brilliant translator. This is important in the consultation phase as you are deciding on what you want and my advice is to have a good idea of what you want and what the clinic is willing to do before you even go to Turkey. I sent my images in via email before hand and drew my desired hairline on and they said maybe it would be too low etc and would look un-natural. Just so you are not disappointing on surgery day as this is your body and you need to be happy with what you are getting done but i would say you really need to put your faith in the doctor and his experience when they draw the hairline on remembering that people just don't have the hairline of a 14yo boy. In the end i was happy with it and remembering when you have hair growing out of it it will look much different. Also remember this is going to be your hairline for life so when your 50+ with a perfect straight low AF hairline its just going to look ridiculous.
  • Bring a good neck pillow for sleeping and lounging.
  • Bit of a wired one but i tend to itch myself alot when i'm sleeping (i know this as i wake up an im itching) including my head so i took two ties from dressing gowns and tied my hands to the bed frame down by my waist so i couldn't dislodge the grafts during my sleep I did this for the first 6 days.
  • Book a window seat on the return journey (i was at the front with extra leg room). just helps reduce the chances of a knock.
  • No need for hold luggage on the way out so you can save a few quid there.
  • Bring a Firestick or something for entertainment as the hotel TV is all Turkish.
  • I would advise travelling back the 2nd day after surgery as your head is still throbbing and hurting abit the day after also remember that the first couple of days are really crucial for graft survival so if you stay safe in the hotel room it greatly reduced the risk of bumps on the head! I originally was going back the day after, however due to covid flight changes i went back a day later then planned and i was glad it worked out like this.

Criticisms

Nothing really but, not sure weather this was part of the plan or not but after booking with Armamed approx 2.5 months before surgery day,  I was told to go onto Finasteride and Minoxidil which I have never done before. I followed doctors orders and experienced no side effects apart form the shedding phase of minoxidil so by the time my surgery day arrived I had small baby hairs growing back perhaps giving the impression of minitourisation and therefore the recipient area was pushed further back then it probably had to be. However this could be a positive as i suppose it protects me from further hair recession later in life, it just means i'm using grafts unnecessarily however i do not plan to be on medication long term so i suppose further recession is likely to occur. Therefore it is probably a positive.

Conclusion

Overall i was really happy with my experience so far and would recommend the clinic alone however the proof of the pudding is in the eating so will have to see how it turns out! I have tried to write as comprehensive review as possible, but if any other questions please fire away. Also I will keep you posted with progress on a minimum monthly basis!

Before/After Pics

1734903116_Before1.thumb.jpg.d5192898e851bf2444d6f33c84eba83e.jpg2063838411_Before2.thumb.jpg.1fb1dbc74666d3d2061dc54a1789045f.jpg1063166685_Before3.thumb.jpg.a63e12cede9a2397822f9dc10afd7290.jpg1012206460_Before4.thumb.jpg.2e3f2b52765f95846a4a4be787da6131.jpg1445469181_After2.thumb.JPG.94e557d1283324456854baa471dc2c36.JPG1696558293_After3.thumb.JPG.ade3efb1efceca297177a9a6139370fc.JPG906495689_After4.thumb.JPG.65310e51e1181801cc5850de272349a2.JPG1069149140_After1.thumb.JPG.93b432b4b9a052e5d3d33d08c5e477d6.JPG

• Like 4

Thanks all for comments guys! Here is an update at 3 weeks, still abit red, shedding started xmas eve 3 days ago. Saw good growth once I got rid of all the scabs before the shedding started and looked like the density was similar to the natural hair around the recipient area, which is promising. Starting Minoxidil tomorrow.

20201227_101834.jpg

Your in safe hands with Demirsoy👍🏽 Had mine done with him a year ago and very pleased. Also got a WhatsApp group with 9 others that have also had theirs done with Demirsoy and everyone’s results are very good 

Everything looks very good, I am positive that your result will be in line with your expectations, Dr. Demirsoy is a very good doctor, I had a hair transplant at his clinic 9 weeks ago and I hope it will be a good result

376FFA78-C7C1-4FBD-B3A1-D7F6A1F9B6D9.png

44A5BD17-3DA8-4BBA-A1A6-9685F9FA70BA.png

• Valued Contributor

@Beaumontabc I think you are going to have a great result. Blonde hair and Caucasian skin will show very little contrast and should aid to the illusion of density. I was just wondering. How many grafts did you have? It's interesting that you were told to start minoxidil prior to surgery as most surgeons ask patients to cease this at least 4 weeks before surgery? Stay on the finasteride and I look forward to following your updates. All the best!

• 4 weeks later...

8 week update dudes. Still abit red but was told it would be due to fair skin, Minoxidil shed over and done with. Some good growth lots of baby hairs coming through, very hard to show due to them being being very, very blonde and thin, for now. Even I struggle to see them in the mirror.

20210131_212153.jpg

20210131_212211.jpg

20210131_212228.jpg

20210131_212326.jpg

Edited by Beaumontabc

• 4 weeks later...

3 month update, not much change again hard to really see much in pics due to hair colour but I will say that my natural hairline has definately come forward after taking finasteride which is a bonus! Wish It was about when my hair loss started. I hope its ready or good enough for summer for when the pubs and clubs are back open! 

20210301_102107.jpg

20210301_102247.jpg

20210301_102148.jpg

• Like 1

Looks great buddy, right on track! I'm also a blondie so it's neat seeing results from folks with similar hair characteristics. You'll be heavy in the growth stage by the time summer rolls around - should be feeling pretty good! I'm jealous you managed to get it done during the pandemic, never will there be a better time!

Follow my second hair transplant journey below

Caucasian - 4613 Grafts - Eugenix, Dr. Arika Bansal

Thanks mate, looking forward to it and yes it's worked out nicely also its winter time so I got away with a hat during the first few months aswell to hide it roll on summer 2021!, gonna be a banger! ✌️🍻

• 4 weeks later...

4 month update starting to look okay I've been putting Matt head master hairspray in it that seems to fill it out a bit more for now.

Still abit concerned with the recipient area as it is still red but hopefully gets better when as the thickness comes along.

All in all happy for this stage but, I totally get the concerns people have at this stage as it looks like it's not going to be thick enough but guess we'll just have to see what happens if I have to go back then so be it..  

20210405_114813.jpg

20210405_114822.jpg

20210405_114937.jpg

16176201418587265905494919545280.jpg

16176206044088917348966641830989.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beaumontabc said:

4 month update starting to look okay I've been putting Matt head master hairspray in it that seems to fill it out a bit more for now.

Still abit concerned with the recipient area as it is still red but hopefully gets better when as the thickness comes along.

All in all happy for this stage but, I totally get the concerns people have at this stage as it looks like it's not going to be thick enough but guess we'll just have to see what happens if I have to go back then so be it..  

20210405_114813.jpg

20210405_114822.jpg

20210405_114937.jpg

16176201418587265905494919545280.jpg

16176206044088917348966641830989.jpg

Based on the last 2 pictures I would say this is easily going to look amazing. I would not be concerned at what the density will look like at all. 

• Like 1