Hair Transplant Time Frame Expectations 12 Months For A Reason

• Administrators

Guys,

I see a lot of guys stressing and looking for solutions when they're 3-6 months post-op. Hair transplants take 12 months to fully grow. While some guys may grow early and see full results by months 7, everyone is different. The appearance of the hair, the texture, all of that will change as time goes on. In the beginning, the hair may grow kinky, curly and bulky, but as time goes on, it will start to grow thicker, and soften. Here is a case study I wanted to present. 

Three months

image.png

4 months 

image.png

5 months 

image.png

6 months 

image.png

7 months

image.png

8 months

image.png

9 months

image.png

12 months

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 11.10.31 AM.png

I'm seeing a lot of guys disappointed with their results in the beginning or halfway mark, and many forum members telling them that their transplant has failed while the patient has just started or is halfway there. The time frame is 12 months for a reason. Now, if you see zero growth at 8-9 months, then obviously it's a problem, but improvements do happen from months 6-12 and the difference can be significant. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator

Absolutely spot on. We see it even beyond the 12 months mark. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• Administrators
5 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator

Yes, if you have some late grower case studies. Please do share them. 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

11 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

Thanks @Melvin-Moderator

IMHO, it takes beyond 12 months for full regrowth, length, and most importantly maturation of hair caliber.

• Like 3

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

6 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Yes, if you have some late grower case studies. Please do share them. 

Yes will try to recall some and share them 🙏🏻

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I think the hardest thing for many individuals is the "wait"...we are impatient and want the full result NOW...that's human nature.

• Like 2

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Just now, gillenator said:

I think the hardest thing for many individuals is the "wait"...we are impatient and want the full result NOW...that's human nature.

Absolutely. The fact that looking in the mirror daily also makes most people “get used” to their new look that they feel that progress has stopped after some months. Others will notice the difference more. 

• Like 2

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

My word...those of us who have had HT procedures can relate to the non-stop staring into the mirror for 12 months!...HA!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Gillenator

• Administrators

Here’s my personal 6 months vs 12 months. The difference is massive 

A7766DCE-4F22-481A-8991-4CE2B8A09EFB.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

View my thread

This is a profound example of hair caliber maturation!

• Like 1

Gillenator

On 12/11/2020 at 10:52 PM, gillenator said:

My word...those of us who have had HT procedures can relate to the non-stop staring into the mirror for 12 months!...HA!

This is so true, I'm only 5 months post op but this is currently my life, I try not to look at my hair in the mirror all the time but I can't help it. 😅😆

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Kruchie said:

This is so true, I'm only 5 months post op but this is currently my life, I try not to look at my hair in the mirror all the time but I can't help it. 😅😆

Yep even when you have convinced yourself not to keep looking. Oh and repeatably looking to see if any changes occur during the day 😂 

Edited by JohnAC71
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome pictures ! I feel this way right now being at 6 months even with how happy i am i cant help but be anxious hoping for more density and coverage 😂alot of guys see a similar "final result" at six months and even play down that growth happens after 6 months. Would love to see more examples of cases where significant growth happened from 6-12 

Edited by andrew11

• Administrators
1 minute ago, andrew11 said:

Awesome pictures ! I feel this way right now being at 6 months even with how happy i am i cant help but be anxious 😂 alot of guys see a similar "final result" at six months and even play down that growth happens after 6 months. Would love to see more examples of cases where significant growth happened from 6-12 

I’ll try and dig up some more. But 6 months is halfway for most. 

• Like 1

View my thread

On 1/4/2021 at 6:46 PM, andrew11 said:

Awesome pictures ! I feel this way right now being at 6 months even with how happy i am i cant help but be anxious hoping for more density and coverage 😂alot of guys see a similar "final result" at six months and even play down that growth happens after 6 months. Would love to see more examples of cases where significant growth happened from 6-12 

For many guys, there is a significant difference.

• Like 1

Gillenator

1 hour ago, gillenator said:

For many guys, there is a significant difference.

Its great to know!

I feel like anticipation and a little bit of anxiety at what could be with the final 6 months , I am satisfied yet another chunk of growth could transform it into a home run ! I see alot of claims of full growth after 6 months and i guess it makes it a little nerve racking even though it shouldn't be !

• Administrators
1 minute ago, andrew11 said:

Its great to know!

I feel like anticipation and a little bit of anxiety at what could be with the final 6 months , I am satisfied yet another chunk of growth could transform it into a home run ! I see alot of claims of full growth after 6 months and i guess it makes it a little nerve racking even though it shouldn't be !

Those may be rare cases, but they are far and few in between. Even if you have full growth at 6 months the hair shaft diameter isn’t matured yet, so the overall appearance will be vastly different at 12 months regardless.

• Like 2

View my thread

5 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Those may be rare cases, but they are far and few in between. Even if you have full growth at 6 months the hair shaft diameter isn’t matured yet, so the overall appearance will be vastly different at 12 months regardless.

This is an example of what i perceive to be grown transplanted hair that have yet to mature. In this photo (myself at 6 months) the transplanted area is visible. Is this a good example of hairs that have grown but are still not yet mature ? Or is this possibly what it could be in the final result

20210113_003825.jpg

20210113_004420.jpg

Edited by andrew11

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, andrew11 said:

This is an example of what i perceive to be grown transplanted hair that have yet to mature. In this photo (myself at 6 months) the transplanted area is visible. Is this a good example of hairs that have grown but are still not yet mature ? Or is this possibly what it could be in the final result

20210113_003825.jpg

20210113_004420.jpg

There’s probably a lot of hair that has grown but hasn’t matured. Hair shaft diameter is equally as important, if not more important.

View my thread

4 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There’s probably a lot of hair that has grown but hasn’t matured. Hair shaft diameter is equally as important, if not more 

Yes that would be great. Maturation of the Diameter of the hair shaft would bring a good amount of added coverage i assume

I hope both of you will provide us an update as you reach the 9-12 month post-op period...with pics of course...😁

And in Ajamilo's case, I bet that his entire frontal core will be filled in (visually speaking), especially at the 12-15 month mark.

• Like 1

Gillenator

3 hours ago, gillenator said:

I hope both of you will provide us an update as you reach the 9-12 month post-op period...with pics of course...😁

And in Ajamilo's case, I bet that his entire frontal core will be filled in (visually speaking), especially at the 12-15 month mark.

Yes my thought as well ! @Ajamilo has great hair caliber as well so coverage should be much more apparent and it looks great in terms of growth so far !

• Administrators
On 1/12/2021 at 9:59 PM, andrew11 said:

Yes that would be great. Maturation of the Diameter of the hair shaft would bring a good amount of added coverage i assume

When you’re thinking about coverage, you have to think caliber and volume. If you cover cm2 with a hair follicle half the volume as another, it doesn’t matter how many hairs are in that area. The thicker hair follicle will look more dense 10 times out of 10.

• Like 1

View my thread

Most docs will tell us that the higher degree of hair caliber, the greater achievement of attaining the illusion of coverage.

Gillenator