2500 Graft Hairtransplantation with Mrs. Bicer on 04/12/2020

Thomas107

Hello Guys,

I would like to tell you about my hair transplantation with Dr. Bicer on 04.12.2020.

For a long time I have been dealing with the subject of hair transplantation. 2 years ago I already had a hair transplantation on a scar that I have on my head. At that time 1500 grafts were transplanted there.

With now 25 years and years of research, I have now decided to renew my receding hairline and hairline.
I contacted several doctors and listened to my gut feeling at that time, which was best with Mrs. Bicer.

So I flew to Turkey on Friday. We did the preliminary consultation and all my questions were answered. We went through the complete procedure and the graft distribution.
Actually my plan was that I would also like to transplant the tonsure. It looked very bright in the light. But Mrs. Bicer advised me against it. She said that my tonsure is not yet seriously affected by hair loss. So she wanted to put all the grafts into the hairline.
That way, we saved grafts for the future and I still have the possibility to react to further hair loss.

So I decided to have only the hairline done. 
On Saturday I had breakfast and was picked up from the hotel. We went through everything again and shaved the hair and drew the hairline.
Again, Mrs. Bicer was very anxious to make me completely satisfied.

Afterwards the anesthesia started. It was a bit painful, but I survived it.
The removal of the grafts and opening of the canals was done by Fr. Bicer herself.
There were 2 assistants to help with the insertion of the grafts. Mrs. Bicer was always with one of them and asked if everything was all right.
With a short lunch break, the complete operation took about 8 hours.

Afterwards I went to the hotel. I got some pills and went to sleep.
Now I am back in Germany. Tomorrow I will do my first hair wash. So far everything heals as it should.

I would like to post regular updates here. You are welcome to send me your opinion about hair transplantation.

I will also gladly answer your questions.

Regards

BeforeOP.jpg

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.PNG

IMG_1268.PNG

73a46ac7-638f-45fb-ac66-3036ff6c9683.JPG

fc099ba6-0188-4313-832c-8a8b79cc03bf.JPG

• Like 1

Looks good Thomas, will keep up with the progress.

I'm almost 4 months gone since a transplant with Dr.Bicer and I'm so happy with the results so far. Hair is really thickening and people are commenting a lot which is a really nice feeling.

Stick through the first few months and don't get discouraged if the original hair grows and you are not noticing much, it will come! 

• Like 1

Hello all,

now I am one week post op.
The crusts are already slowly falling off, I can sleep normally again and the redness is subsiding.

I am very satisfied with the healing so far.
I also attached a few pictures of my status(photo 3 and 4).

I still have 2 questions:

1. I am a little worried about the light spot in the donor. I already had light spots in the donor before the HT (see photo2). Here I went to a dermatologist who assured me that it is not Alopecia Areata. He said that more hair was taken from the areas during my HT at that time. Now this was tried by Mrs. Bicer to distribute evenly. 
Unfortunately, I have a spot where no hair grows... around the outside I now have a lighter spot again.
Do any of you have any idea what this could be due to?

2. how do you generally find my hairline? Before my HT I really wanted a completely straight line (like a drew it in photo 1). After consulting Mrs. Bicer, we made it a little more angular.
Now I am a little worried that after the hair growth I will have intentional receding hairlines again. How do you see this?

I look forward to your feedback.

bild1.jpg

bild2.jpg

bild3.jpg

bild4.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm interested in seeing how this devlops. I was going to get a hairline transplant with Dr Bicer but I turned away when she said I would need 3,000+ grafts now and another transplant in 9 - 12 months. No other doctor said that to me. Otherwise I trusted in every other aspect of her approach, but I couldn't get my head around the extremely high graft quote. In the end I got 2,040 grafts transplanted with Dr Saifi in Poland. Hopefully it will yield a satisfying result.

The design of your hairline is good because it looks natural and it suits the shape of your head. I think Dr Bicer has tailor made the hairline to fit your head and that is a good thing because one size does not fit all when it comes to hairlines.

Good luck with your recovery and development. I hope you get an amazing result bro :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 Month post OP:

Hello Guys,

I wish all who read this first of all a happy new year.
Today I am 4 weeks post-op and things have already changed since my hair transplant.

I notice more and more how my hair grows again and the transplanted hair falls out. In the transplanted areas are small stubble to feel, I hope something big starts here soon.

The time in the 4 weeks I have survived well. Now and then it still itches, but I do not find it annoying, because it is a sign of healing. I already had 2 Facetime phone calls with Mrs. Bicer. She told me that everything looks good so far and the redness will subside with time.

I have now overcome the first hurdle and can devote myself to sports, swimming etc again.
I will also start in 2 weeks with minoxidil, as I hope that this will make my hair a little denser.

I attach here still current pictures of my status and would be happy if here one or the other can say something about my current progress.
I look forward to your comments.
I think my Donor looks very good after 4 weeks and in fact that it is my second hair transplantation. The bright spot was there before HT and i hope after using minox it will look a little crowded.

Stay healthy and greetings
Thomas

neu1.jpg

neu2.jpg

neu3.jpg

neu4.jpg

neu5.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Great aftercare from Dr. Bicer, in regards to your earlier post about having a straight hairline, that would be a disaster. It's clear that you will be a norwood 6, to be honest, I could see you needing another 2-3 hair transplants to address the midscalp and crown. You need all the grafts available to address those areas, otherwise you'll be left with a weird unnatural looking pattern. I think Dr. Bicer did the right thing by giving you a conservative hairline.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Great aftercare from Dr. Bicer, in regards to your earlier post about having a straight hairline, that would be a disaster. It's clear that you will be a norwood 6, to be honest, I could see you needing another 2-3 hair transplants to address the midscalp and crown. You need all the grafts available to address those areas, otherwise you'll be left with a weird unnatural looking pattern. I think Dr. Bicer did the right thing by giving you a conservative hairline.

glad to hear that mrs. bicer did everything right with the hairline. After reading and browsing for a long time, I also find you perfectly set.
But honestly I'm a little surprised at your assessment that I will nw6 and therefore still need 2-3 hair transplants.

Ms Bicer has of course saved up grafts, but that was more in case I ever want to have a thickening.
I still have enough hair in the crown. Here they are only a little thinner, but now I want to take minoxidil.
What makes you think that I still need 2-3 hts?

I have another question.
For about 2-3 days (1 month post op) I have increased severe itching on my head.
This is spreading everywhere, so it is not a specific spot.
Can anyone tell me what this can come from and what I can do about it?

13 minutes ago, Thomas107 said:

I have another question.
For about 2-3 days (1 month post op) I have increased severe itching on my head.
This is spreading everywhere, so it is not a specific spot.
Can anyone tell me what this can come from and what I can do about it?

Totally part of the healing process. If it persists then you could consider a antihistamine and/or medicated shampoo. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Guys,

today I would like to give you my 2 month update:

For me personally has already changed a lot in the time. 
The itching that I had at the beginning I could reduce with sensitive shampoo to a minimum.
Since about 3 weeks I have started to take the Minoxidil foam.

In my opinion, you can already see a slight effect here, although this can only be expected after a few months. But since I have taken minoxidil now and then 2 years ago I believe that already now an effect sets in.

In the pictures you can see that compared to my 1 month update, the tonsure area has become denser and also some implanted hairs have already grown. 
I think that I was not strongly affected by Shock Loss, so my hair is starting to grow well again.

Last night there was some bleeding on one side of the transplanted hair. However, I neither bumped nor scratched... unfortunately, I do not know where this comes from. Think maybe it was a pimple and hope it doesn't have a negative effect.

However, since I am not that knowledgeable, I would really appreciate feedback from you guys on how the current process is going and if it is comparable to other patient reports if a good result is already foreseeable.
I am happy about tips and suggestions and I am looking forward to your feedback.

Regards
Thomas

2month1.jpg

2month2.jpg

2month3.jpg

2month4.jpg

2month5.jpg

2month6.jpg

1 minute ago, JohnAC71 said:

Everything looks right on track ! Thanks for the update. I was wondering how it was going for you. You will be soon getting to the growth stage. This usually starts around 3.5/4 months. 

Thank you John! I'm exiting to enter the growth stage.

Hopefully it start's soon :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

update?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.