Dr Luis Nader, Reynosa Mexico, FUE 2621 Graphs, December 3rd 2020

Tnt1990

Hello Everyone,

I decided to right this post to share my experience with Dr. Luis Nader in Reynosa Mexico to give back to this community that helped me find Dr. Nader and people’s results that gave me the confidence to go through with this operation. 

I am 30 years old and I live in Los Angeles. My hair has been thinning for probably about 5 years and my hairline has been receding. Both sides of the family almost everyone is bald therefore my fate was pretty much decided. 

I was using Rogaine on and off for years without any noticeable results but it’s hard to tell. First of all I was inconsistent in the use which doesn’t help and also since hair loss comes in waves I wasn’t sure if it was doing anything. I tried Propecia consistently for a month and I started to have low energy, clouded mind and honestly a little depression. So I quit. Never tried dudasteride but if you have negative side effects from finasteride, dudasteride will kick your ass.

Right before the pandemic hit other that my noticeably receding hairline it was the first time that I could see my scalp through my hair. Then a rollercoaster started, I wasn’t sure what to do. Cover it up, buzz it, shave it and get SMP, have a hair transplant? I buzzed down to a 2 then an 1, I even shaved once but I wasn’t really into it. The buzz wasn’t bad but eventually when all the hair was gone I would have to shave so I figured I should get ahead of it.

For me the clear option was the hair transplant. I had asked a couple of doctors in Chicago when I lived there but since I also have alopecia areata they said that I was not a good candidate.

Then through this forum I found Nader. I reached out and Brenda got back to me and I shared some pictures and mentioned my alopecia areata and then I got a reply from Nader himself asking a bunch of questions about my alopecia if it’s active and how long I had it (since I was 10 years old btw) and he appeared to be hesitant. The reason is that the trauma to the skin may cause the alopecia to flair up. I argued back that if I don’t do anything I would be bald anyways. Therefore we scheduled the procedure for 2 days on the 3rd and 4th of December. 

I arrived on the 2nd of December and checked in at the Wyndham. On the 3rd Aaron came to pick me up (I guess Santos is not around anymore). We went to the doctors office in Reynosa and I sat with the doctor and we decided that we should not push my skin and agreed on 2500 grafts. Ended up doing 2621. We spent a few hours talking about hair loss, our life, his business, this forum and a million other things. He is a great guy that answered every question happily and made me feel very comfortable in his hands.

The final count was 

325 Single hair grafts

1148 2 hair grafts

996 3 hair grafts 

152 4 hair grafts

Hopefully since I had a lot of 2-3 hair grafts it’s gonna give me some good coverage.

Nader usually maxes out at 3000 grafts a day but since we had scheduled 2 days and he wanted to monitor my skin due to the alopecia we split it in 2 days about half and half. We did the crown and zone 2 first on day 1 and zone 1/hairline the 2nd day.

I can get into more details about the procedure but it’s very similar to what other have described in this forum. They set you down first and start the extraction then you get lunch (I did tacos on the first day and Caesar Salad with chicken on the 2nd day) then they did the implantation). A little pain but I would just say when it was hurting and Nader would give me more topical anesthesia and then I would not feel anything). 

My procedure finished 6 hours ago and now I am still at the Wyndham and I am flying back to LA tomorrow to hide in my room for a week. Haha

Let me know what you guys think and I will keep posting progress pics. 

Reach out if you have any questions.

Cheers

371621A7-F9D5-4EEE-A91B-1AA25A1A33A6.jpeg

7E0318C7-55A8-4557-BF5F-F608846E2F27.png

6B2DA4DA-D2E6-4813-A78D-A1B9E0DC4BC3.jpeg

03A7D0CA-A550-4682-9CF2-9722775E7D9D.jpeg

C497642B-D4BF-492D-BEC2-EC8F870F8074.jpeg

2722545B-67D1-42AF-94C4-AA92850FCB14.jpeg

95292AA3-D958-461A-851C-34B45C21BE17.jpeg

3C680376-1A9C-4585-9D21-730FF609AC89.jpeg

4969ED50-2629-4446-AF3C-F87EAC203FE9.jpeg

A906996B-9714-40BC-A8F8-EECBEEFD096D.jpeg

031619D9-C7C9-463E-8F58-DE17A4AFA02F.jpeg

230A9522-FBFE-49FA-BCA9-0A9C490D0EF9.jpeg

6DA05453-38D2-4067-BE8E-068A7D65E827.jpeg

How did you feel in terms of your personal safety? I've looked up travel to Reynosa and read through discussions of gunfire, along with the presence of the Cartels. Do the Cartels leave Dr. Nader's business and patrons alone? Honest questions. Not trying to stir things up.

• Like 1

Wow, what a roadmap on your head.  Happy growing!

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Today marks 1 week. For the past few days I have been feeling some soreness and pressure at the donor area but with an Advil or Tylenol it goes away. I think so far everything looks good. Most of the scabs are still there and I am hoping they will off in the few days. Doctor recommended that I gently rub some olive or baby or coconut oil 5 minutes before the shower to soften them even more.

@jimcraig152 photos of the temples included.

2B8FCE98-04CB-477A-B579-B4AC2D7EA532.jpeg

B5C33D5A-C6FB-4998-94CC-1106CF545643.jpeg

3868BE97-E0B6-4CD6-95C4-6AD588C71C9B.jpeg

2A73D787-50E6-4E7E-8244-7493A192D5C8.jpeg

57198D52-9668-4FC1-9F56-ACF2DC87C688.jpeg

14FEE368-8D39-4A11-BA0E-07EC352765C9.jpeg

• Like 1

Temple points look really good. The HT would not have worked without it. The conservative hairline works. Dr. Nader did a fine meticulous job with the vertex grafts. Placement, angles, direction all match your natural whirl; certainly does not go unnoticed.

I believe key out of everything is:

• Random nature-like placement of your grafts, and
  • Donor management is excellent

Reason being is your alopecia areata. You may never know when that comes back (I am praying to gods for you it never does). But should that happen, you can buzz your hair low and not have to worry about exposing that you've had work done on you. You did a fine job picking Dr. Nader. And I am glad he relented and took you on despite the risk. You knew what you were getting into and this wasn't a case of overdoing it (a la Michael Jackson should have quit after his first nose job). Given that, there is no ethical dilemma here. He did you a solid.

Hoping for the best for you brutha. Will follow your case closely.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/9/2020 at 3:46 AM, jimcraig152 said:

How did you feel in terms of your personal safety? I've looked up travel to Reynosa and read through discussions of gunfire, along with the presence of the Cartels. Do the Cartels leave Dr. Nader's business and patrons alone? Honest questions. Not trying to stir things up.

Easy, everything is taken care of.  I didn't feel unsafe once.  You get picked up in the US and are driven straight to the office.  Once done you are driven straight back.  As long as you don't do anything dumb you have zero to worry about. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you for the more up to date review.  I noticed that for the past couple of years, there's less and less people reviewing.  I understand there was a pandemic, but surely people still have results prior to pandemic and maybe now that travel is easier.  Any thoughts?

• 5 months later...

Guys,

It’s late an night here and I saw that a few of you are asking for updates. I have not been on this forum much because I never looked back. My hair is kind of long so you can’t really see what is going on. But the results have been amazing! See the previous post I did but imagine a little thicker, not much change from that. I say if you have doubts go for it and you won’t regret it! I am going to try to go back to put some more on the crown as it’s really thinning now. A few friends that saw my results want to go with me. I spent limitless hours on this forum and searching online for solutions to my hair loss. I even considered SMP. I shaved my head and tried to embrace it, but I couldn’t. But FUE is the way to go. I look so much younger and I feel so much more confident. If you live in the US and you don’t want to make the trip to Turkey, Nader is the way to go. He knows all the guys from Turkey as well , Erdogan and such. GO FOR IT is all I have to say my balding brothers. One of the best decisions I ever made.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • Administrators

Been almost two years now, would love to see a final update.

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.