Hair of Istanbul

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of Hair of Istanbul?

I know a guy that had a transplant there and he's happy with the result. My friend tells me two guys from his barber shop got transplants there and he says they have got results. I was curious so I looked them up online (website and Instagram).

My unprofessional opinion on what I've seen online is:

They seem to produce brilliant results, in fact, the results seem almost too good to be true. The results seem to be "perfect." A lot of their hairlines are so sharply defined and low, they are like teenage hairlines from airbrushed photoshoots. Looking fantastic, having big white teeth, sharp youthful hairline, brown skin, big muscles etc, that's all great but is it natural? 

It appears to me as if Hair of Istanbul provide dream hairlines. Perhaps they give people what they "want" rather than what's realistic. Then again, if it makes the clients happy maybe that's all that matters?

The problem is that, as i see on vlogs at YouTube ( just search african hair transplant vlogs) that it is really no clinics in the world which gives good andconsistent results to Africans as HOI. HOI straight hairline is a joke for white peoples. If one does not want people to notice the abnormally straight and low hairline that everyone get then they should stay away

but it really suits african people very well tbh.

• Like 2

• Administrators

There's a thread already here asking the same question, if you don't see real reviews, that's a HUGE red flag.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...

@Rossybop that’s just another Turkish hairmill. 
Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants because people are lured by the low cost price and amazing (fake or cherry picked) videos on social media or the clinic website.

Never ever have a surgery with a Doctor that doesn’t have several real patients showing their results over the course of several months (patients that post before and after pictures are either fake or clinic representatives) 

In Turkey there are only two safe options: HLC and Dr. Kaan Pekiner. 

Edited by Portugal25
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Turkey is the world capital of botched hair transplants because people are lured by the low cost price and amazing (fake or cherry picked) videos on social media or the clinic website.

Never ever have a surgery with a Doctor that doesn’t have several real patients showing their results over the course of several months (patients that post before and after pictures are either fake or clinic representatives) 

Interesting. Its a crazy minefield out there isn't it. I've heard of those doctors/clinics. I've heard of a few doctors/clinics in Turkey that have legitimate qualifications but even some of the professionals with good qualifications have bad reviews. To be honest I just simply wouldn't reccomend Turkey at all for a hair transplant. I know that you can possibly get an awesome transplant in Turkey but the risk of a bad one is just too high. If somebody told me they are going to Turkey for a hair transplant I would immediately assume that they are shopping on the lowest possible budget and I would reccomend exploring tons and tons of other options from all over the world before making their final decision.

38 minutes ago, Portugal25 said:

Interesting. Its a crazy minefield out there isn't it. I've heard of those doctors/clinics. I've heard of a few doctors/clinics in Turkey that have legitimate qualifications but even some of the professionals with good qualifications have bad reviews. To be honest I just simply wouldn't reccomend Turkey at all for a hair transplant. I know that you can possibly get an awesome transplant in Turkey but the risk of a bad one is just too high. If somebody told me they are going to Turkey for a hair transplant I would immediately assume that they are shopping on the lowest possible budget and I would reccomend exploring tons and tons of other options from all over the world before making their final decision.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 1:40 AM, Ajamilo said:

The problem is that, as i see on vlogs at YouTube ( just search african hair transplant vlogs) that it is really no clinics in the world which gives good andconsistent results to Africans as HOI. HOI straight hairline is a joke for white peoples. If one does not want people to notice the abnormally straight and low hairline that everyone get then they should stay away

but it really suits african people very well tbh.

It’s funny you bring this up because I’ve never seen a black guy complaining about his HT from Turkey. However, I see many people with European hair type talking about bodged hair transplants from Turkey. It’s not clear at all, especially when people start talking about low cost and it being a factor not to go to Turkey. Then you read on and the 2 guys people do talk well about in Turkey charge similar to the “hair mills”. I fear it’s turned into a bit of an echo chamber on here regarding Turkish hair clinics/ “mills” - just repeat what the OG’s say. Lol.

There also seems to be a stigma against anyone that doesn’t have the money to visit what people deem as the “good” doctors. Again, I’ve seen terrible results from both “good” and “bad” clinics. I think the people with the money to go to top clinics aren’t including the possibility that the people without the money can’t just “save until you can pay X clinics” maybe what they have now is all they can for the foreseeable future afford. Better to provide cheaper, but still good quality alternatives imho.

To suggest all hair mill type clinics in Turkey are putting out Bodge jobs is insane. If that were the case they’d be forums full of people crying about their bodged Turkish HT’s. For the most part , personally, I don’t see the huge wave of people we should be seeing if this were all very accurate reporting. 

ultimately, in life, you get what you pay for, but when people like Wong (of Hasson and Wong) states that one of his techs can do some of the procedure better than he can, you do have to wonder about this one size fits all approach to discussing Turkish clinic/ “mills” due to techs doing all the work...

#RantOff

Edited by Dark
The multiple grammar errors :)
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Dark said:

It’s funny you bring this up because I’ve never seen a black guy complaining about his HT from Turkey. However, I see many people with European hair type talking about bodged hair transplants from Turkey. It’s not clear at all, especially when people start talking about low cost and it being a factor not to go to Turkey. Then you read on and the 2 guys people do talk well about in Turkey charge similar to the “hair mills”. I fear it’s turned into a bit of an echo chamber on here regarding Turkish hair clinics/ “mills” - just repeat what the OG’s say. Lol.

There also seems to be a stigma against anyone that doesn’t have the money to visit what people deem as the “good” doctors. Again, I’ve seen terrible results from both “good” and “bad” clinics. I think the people with the money to go to top clinics aren’t including the possibility that the people without the money can’t just “save until you can pay X clinics” maybe what they have now is all they can for the foreseeable future afford. Better to provide cheaper, but still good quality alternatives imho.

To suggest all hair mill type clinics in Turkey are putting out Bodge jobs is insane. If that were the case they’d be forums full of people crying about their bodged Turkish HT’s. For the most part , personally, I don’t see the huge wave of people we should be seeing if this were all very accurate reporting. 

ultimately, in life, you get what you pay for, but when people like Wong (of Hasson and Wong) states that one of his techs can do some of the procedure better than he can, you do have to wonder about this one size fits all approach to discussing Turkish clinic/ “mills” due to techs doing all the work...

#RantOff

I can see your point. I guess part of the problem with tech mills is the lack of accountability. Yes techs can progress in their work and become so good in certain aspects. Regardless of any regulations governing who should do what, I see that these clinics changed the dynamics of the procedure and made it more affordable-which is good for many people who would like to get it done at an affordable price. 

However, price in this procedure is related to time spent by the doctor/tech as well as factors such as instruments/equipment and ofcourse “goodwill”.
It is certainly a fact that the lower the price in general, the higher the chance of very minimal time spent with a professional on hairline design and any crucial other steps. It doesn’t work in any other way.

A cheaper procedure would have to be delegated. A cheaper price would mean having to do multiple patients a day to make it profitable. I am saying this because I am aware of the business side of things. This is why it is true that some techs may deliver excellent work, but the circumstances in which they are providing this service will make the chances of error much higher and the accountability much less as there is no single entity that has its reputation at stake. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

8 hours ago, DrTBarghouthi said:

I can see your point. I guess part of the problem with tech mills is the lack of accountability. Yes techs can progress in their work and become so good in certain aspects. Regardless of any regulations governing who should do what, I see that these clinics changed the dynamics of the procedure and made it more affordable-which is good for many people who would like to get it done at an affordable price. 

However, price in this procedure is related to time spent by the doctor/tech as well as factors such as instruments/equipment and ofcourse “goodwill”.
It is certainly a fact that the lower the price in general, the higher the chance of very minimal time spent with a professional on hairline design and any crucial other steps. It doesn’t work in any other way.

A cheaper procedure would have to be delegated. A cheaper price would mean having to do multiple patients a day to make it profitable. I am saying this because I am aware of the business side of things. This is why it is true that some techs may deliver excellent work, but the circumstances in which they are providing this service will make the chances of error much higher and the accountability much less as there is no single entity that has its reputation at stake. 

Hello.

Your analysis is much appreciated as someone whom is a newcomer to this area. Saying that, I would like to think I understand business quite well. Your breakdown isn’t the usual steer clear of hair mills type post. It actually helps to highlight the issues that people need to be aware of when visiting cheaper mills. It’s this kind of detailed information that is very helpful and allows others to consider when conducting their initial due diligence on any of the cheaper clinics. 

The thing is, people are always going to want to pay less, and in many cases it’s will be all they can afford. We need a more robust analysis of why it is that the mills seem to produce 50/50 results. Information like yours helps us newbies to understand why...

It does seem that when black guys are getting their mill HTs, the hairline, which seems to be the point of much contention, is always dead straight. I’m of mixed heritage, I’ve always had a straight cut hairline from young. Once my HT is comeplete I will ask the barber to cut it straight again- ala the pictures attached.

In the black community we only revere barbers that won’t push your hairline back, will keep it dead straight and can create a ‘sunshine fade’. As such dead straight hairlines are actually a bonus to us....

84E7D863-3A39-4DE2-9C61-746A10B0A7A7.jpeg

429D2BD7-1B2E-4CF0-887A-117CB47A80F3.jpeg

AAEEDC6D-7A67-4BFE-8F2F-D5395D03CF3E.jpeg

Edited by Dark
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dark said:

Hello.

Your analysis is much appreciated as someone whom is a newcomer to this area. Saying that, I would like to think I understand business quite well. Your breakdown isn’t the usual steer clear of hair mills type post. It actually helps to highlight the issues that people need to be aware of when visiting cheaper mills. It’s this kind of detailed information that is very helpful and allows others to consider when conducting their initial due diligence on any of the cheaper clinics. 

The thing is, people are always going to want to pay less, and in many cases it’s will be all they can afford. We need a more robust analysis of why it is that the mills seem to produce 50/50 results. Information like yours helps us newbies to understand why...

It does seem that when black guys are getting their mill HTs, the hairline, which seems to be the point of much contention, is always dead straight. I’m of mixed heritage, I’ve always had a straight cut hairline from young. Once my HT is comeplete I will ask the barber to cut it straight again- ala the pictures attached.

In the black community we only revere barbers that won’t push your hairline back, will keep it dead straight and can create a ‘sunshine fade’. As such dead straight hairlines are actually a bonus to us....

84E7D863-3A39-4DE2-9C61-746A10B0A7A7.jpeg

429D2BD7-1B2E-4CF0-887A-117CB47A80F3.jpeg

AAEEDC6D-7A67-4BFE-8F2F-D5395D03CF3E.jpeg

Many thanks for your comments. Yes I agree that with black hair, a straight and squared hairline is suitable and often desired. Another important issue is that black hair tends to be curly and although it can technically be harder to extract, the curls make the transition zone of the hairline more forgiving. What I mean is that with tight curls, a poorly constructed hairline (multiple grafts and no irregularities) will probably look more acceptable than in a non curly hair if you know what I mean. The curls tend to hide any imperfections in the procedure. 

• Like 2

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Of all hairmills in turkey, Hair of Istanbul delivers the highest quality from what I've seen. Lots of happy customers that have documented their own growth process without clinic promotion. A doctor is always preferable but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a technician clinic like HOI. The boxy hairlines are perfect for black guys. White guys can look a tad strange but in the end, they are happy with the results which is ultimately what matters. The white results don't look terrible imo.

Edited by 100Rings
  • Sad 1

HOI is a "flavour". You know it's HOI work from a mile away as every hairline is pretty much copy paste, straight, quite aggressively low, most of the time no temple point reconstruction, so hairline starts and finishes behind the ears.
Their main selling point is really dense looking hairlines and giving to people what they want, although these people don't realize they will look hilarious when they're 50. I've seen one guy that went to HOI telling to another older guy "you can't rock this hairlines as you're old, but this guy is young, he can get such hairline". Just read it again and really think what it means....

The reason their hairlines are very thick is simple. They implant lots of doubles and triples at the front of the hairline. It doesn't have micro irregularities for the most part and implanted very densely. Combine dense packing with doubles and triples and you get great density, but how natural it looks? Well, we don't see it in nature, but people couldn't care less, so at the end of the day if you're happy with this, then why not. They seem to be pretty consistent with their work, although I've seen 2 guys that had very questionable quality (one guy in particular just wanted to rebuild his hairline, but techs ended up implanting a ton of grafts into his temple points and SIDE BURNS.... And he got overharvested pretty badly too).

I do think though their tactics are really suitable for afro type hair and as others said already, extremely curly hair are forgivable, and generally you don't see actual points where the hair is coming out, so implanting lots of doubles and triples works in their favour.

There's always a danger of such places. I always say, the more patients per day, the less consistency you will see. Look at the work that's done. Done look at it just "he didn't have hair, now he does", unless of course that's your main goal. But if you want natural result, then look how hairlines are rebuild, are there any micro-irregularities, how many singles in the hairline, are there any multi grafts in there, what's the proportions of the hairline, is it framed well together with temple points? Can't go super low if temples aren't done too. How donor management looks. And last, how crown looks like? I'm yet to see any crown work from them.

Friend of mine contacted them and asked questions about hair loss and they said "no need to take finasteride. When you lose more hair, just come back for another transplant". Decide for yourself what this means.

That being said, it's all just my opinion and observation. Take it with a grain of salt.

Edited by Rolandas
  • Like 3

1st FUE28/01/2020 - 3659 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira
2nd FUE - 03/06/2021 - 2881 grafts - Dr. Bruno Ferreira

Follow me on YouTube

I'm not a medical professional, thus any information given by me is my own observation and should not be treated as professional advice.

20 hours ago, 100Rings said:

Of all hairmills in turkey, Hair of Istanbul delivers the highest quality from what I've seen. Lots of happy customers that have documented their own growth process without clinic promotion. A doctor is always preferable but I wouldn't turn my nose up at a technician clinic like HOI. The boxy hairlines are perfect for black guys. White guys can look a tad strange but in the end, they are happy with the results which is ultimately what matters. The white results don't look terrible imo.

Agree with you fully, but I don't think they could give you or me that Doppio hairline.

• Haha 1

• 10 months later...
On 12/2/2020 at 11:24 PM, Rossybop said:

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience of Hair of Istanbul?

I know a guy that had a transplant there and he's happy with the result. My friend tells me two guys from his barber shop got transplants there and he says they have got results. I was curious so I looked them up online (website and Instagram).

My unprofessional opinion on what I've seen online is:

They seem to produce brilliant results, in fact, the results seem almost too good to be true. The results seem to be "perfect." A lot of their hairlines are so sharply defined and low, they are like teenage hairlines from airbrushed photoshoots. Looking fantastic, having big white teeth, sharp youthful hairline, brown skin, big muscles etc, that's all great but is it natural? 

It appears to me as if Hair of Istanbul provide dream hairlines. Perhaps they give people what they "want" rather than what's realistic. Then again, if it makes the clients happy maybe that's all that matters?

dont go there they are garbage

• 2 years later...

Genelleme yapmanın çok doğru bir davranış olmadığını düşünüyorum. Türkiye'de, özellikle İstanbul'da çok önemli saç ekimi doktorları bulunmaktadır. Sadece doğru doktoru bulmak önemlidir. Doktorla yüz yüze görüşmeniz, öncesi ve sonrası fotoğraflarını incelemeniz ve mümkünse saç ekimi yaptırmış hastalarla görüşmeniz çok önemlidir. Saç ekimimi İstanbul'da yaptım ve bu verdiğim en doğru kararlardan biriydi.

Edited by thomas32

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, thomas32 said:

Genelleme yapmanın çok doğru bir davranış olmadığını düşünüyorum. Türkiye'de, özellikle İstanbul'da çok önemli saç ekimi doktorları bulunmaktadır. Sadece doğru doktoru bulmak önemlidir. Doktorla yüz yüze görüşmeniz, öncesi ve sonrası fotoğraflarını incelemeniz ve mümkünse saç ekimi yaptırmış hastalarla görüşmeniz çok önemlidir. Saç ekimimi İstanbul'da yaptım ve bu verdiğim en doğru kararlardan biriydi.

this is an english speaking forum

Edited by BaldReaper