I think my hair situation is better than first thought

Ronnieman

I am nearly 32 years old.

I am norwood 2 or 2.5 at the front, with some slight thinning at the back. 

I first noticed a thin spot when I turned 30. I freaked out and thought 'here we go, things are going to get bad over the next few years'

But 2 years later, my hairline hasn't moved back (not past NW2 at least), and the thinning at the back is not that bad at all. Maybe a tiny bit worse, but not even noticeable unless close up or under light.

My dad had a good head of hair at 40, but I think in his mid 40s started balding badly. I think his dad was the same.

My other grandfather died in his early 50s with a full head of hair.

After almost 2 years of freaking out a bit, I've come to accept that I likely will have a good head of hair till 40, even till early-mid 40s.

I will still do minox for the thinning at the back (3-4 applications a week), plus some shampoo/conditioner, but things are looking a lot better than first thought.

I just wanted to say this out loud. Thanks.

Edited by Ronnieman

You're going through the stages of grief over your hairloss. I would guess somewhere between denial and bargaining.

Combined with your other posts, it seems like you're struggling with other life issues as well.

I doubt I can help with the life issues, but your hair would benefit from using RU58841 or CB-03-01 if you're uncomfortable with Finasteride.

Why not have one less thing to worry about?

Edited by PizzaWolf

16 hours ago, PizzaWolf said:

You're going through the stages of grief over your hairloss. I would guess somewhere between denial and bargaining.

Combined with your other posts, it seems like you're struggling with other life issues as well.

I doubt I can help with the life issues, but your hair would benefit from using RU58841 or CB-03-01 if you're uncomfortable with Finasteride.

Why not have one less thing to worry about?

What on earth are you talking about?

Judging by how my hair has stayed reasonably constant in the last 2 years, plus family history, it is very likely I will have a good head of hair at 40.

4 hours ago, DenverBuff1989 said:

@Ronnieman Rogaine/Minoxidil is actually pretty useless for many, many people. Rogaine has a phenomenal brand name and great marketing. It's profitability doesn't match its results at all tho IMO

Yeah it's tough to know how much it's doing 

I have used it for a year now. The times where I got slack, I did feel a bit thinner at the back.

40 minutes ago, Ronnieman said:

What on earth are you talking about?

Judging by how my hair has stayed reasonably constant in the last 2 years, plus family history, it is very likely I will have a good head of hair at 40.

I was trying to say you're in denial.

Your hairloss is 100 percent going to get worse just like every other guy with MPB if you don't do something to prevent it.

I think on some level you know this, which is supported by your strange post history.

29 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

I was trying to say you're in denial.

Your hairloss is 100 percent going to get worse just like every other guy with MPB if you don't do something to prevent it.

I think on some level you know this, which is supported by your strange post history.

Do you know the youtuber Nick Shell (one of the biggest youtube hairloss channels).

He was in the exact same position at 30 and early 30s as me.

Going on 40 now his hair hasn't changed.

Next 3 years between 32 and 35 will be interesting.

Thanks for your input anyway.

@Ronnieman I'm not telling you this because I want to argue or bully a fellow hair loss sufferer. I'm telling you this because it's reality and the sooner you accept it, the less miserable you'll be in the long run.

You have MPB. It's a progressive condition. It always gets worse. It will not just magically halt in a 32 year old.

The only means of delaying this progression is by managing DHT levels in the scalp. Finasteride is the gold standard, but there are other options available if you research them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PizzaWolf said:

@Ronnieman I'm not telling you this because I want to argue or bully a fellow hair loss sufferer. I'm telling you this because it's reality and the sooner you accept it, the less miserable you'll be in the long run.

You have MPB. It's a progressive condition. It always gets worse. It will not just magically halt in a 32 year old.

The only means of delaying this progression is by managing DHT levels in the scalp. Finasteride is the gold standard, but there are other options available if you research them.

I get where you're coming from. I appreciate it