Best hair transplant surgeon for someone looking for a hairline lowering to stage 1

stage3nw

Can you please share some photos and also some more details about yourself: age, family history , maintenance regimen etc? I'm sure most docs here can, but in most cases it is not a question of who can, but instead who shouldn't. 

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

I’m 29 years old and my uncles had hairloss similar to mine. But now they are only slightly more bald. So I most likely won’t bald past a stage 3. Also I’ve been balding since age 23. Minoxidil wrecks my skin. The igrow is a scam. Finasteride will mess with my hormones. Hair transplant is the only solutions. But anyway, which ones do you recommend for my case (hairline lowering)

Edited by stage3nw

i'm afraid you would regret lowering your hairline that much when you're older and it doesn't look age appropriate. I hope you consult with a few very reputable and ethical surgeons who will likely give you the same advice. The more aggressive you go at a younger age, the more likely you'll have to have more surgeries in the future to keep up and maintain it. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about now though. Besides, my grandfather had a full head of hair up until the age of 70 and he looked amazing. Also, I'm pretty sure that I won't go completely bald and that it would progress to stage 3 nw max (judging by my relatives).  The lines that I drew were what they used to be also I have a small face. Also I would be willing to do as many surgeries as needed to keep my hair. So which surgeons are best for designing hairlines (its more aesthetically complex than being conservative) so I need a specialized one I guess.

Edited by stage3nw

56 minutes ago, stage3nw said:

I'm thinking about now though. Besides, my grandfather had a full head of hair up until the age of 70 and he looked amazing. Also, I'm pretty sure that I won't go completely bald and that it would progress to stage 3 nw max (judging by my relatives).  The lines that I drew were what they used to be also I have a small face. Also I would be willing to do as many surgeries as needed to keep my hair. So which surgeons are best for designing hairlines (its more aesthetically complex than being conservative) so I need a specialized one I guess.

Family is a crappy indicator of hairloss, regardless of people throwing it around all the time.

The fact that you've been losing your hair since 23 is a bad sign, though.

Maybe reconsider a DHT blocker if you're deadset on having a transplant to lower your hairline. There are other options like RU58841 and CB-03-01 to maintain hair.

53 minutes ago, stage3nw said:

But I said I will get more hair transplants as needed. Also how is family hairloss a bad indicator of what my hairloss will be?

Sure, but how many grafts do you have in the tank compared to how many grafts you would need to cover your scalp?

Reputable doctors likely won't want to touch this kind of hairline goal at your age it you're not stable on medication. If you're going to pursue surgery at all you should start by getting an in-person consultation from a surgeon who can examine your scalp for areas of miniaturization and provide an estimate on your total donor grafts available.

All that said, that hairline would still be a massive gamble. Family history is a guess at best.

Well I spoke to dr Paul Rose and he was willing to give me the hairline I drew. But unfortunately I have a factor 9 deficiency and now he isn’t comfortable carrying on with the procedure. So now I need to find another surgeon but I’m frustrated because I don’t know who to choose.

I think it is a better plan to have the hairline you drew about 1.5-2 cm higher. Remember that if conditions are favourable in the future, then you can always lower. Starting low early is not the best strategy my friend. 
Also please note that going for unlimited surgeries is not a choice that you only make. You will need the donor supply to allow that. Even a good donor like yours may not fill up complete baldness if things accelerate beyond your control. 

• Like 1

Dr. Taleb Barghouthi approved and recommended on the Hair Transplant Network. You can schedule a virtual consultation with me here.

Contact me via WhatsApp at +962798378396 (Jordan) 

Social media:

Facebook

YouTube

Twitter

Instagram

But any higher than what I drew and my forehead will look disproportionately big. Also nobody in my family progressed passed a stage 3. So do you know any surgeons who specialize in recreating hairlines with the perfect angles, hair directions and density?

Edited by stage3nw

There are plenty of doctors who COULD do what you're asking, because it's not all that difficult, but it's a question of who WILL. It's NOT more aesthetically complex than being conservative. Any competent surgeon would be capable of doing this work, but that isn't the point.

You're not on medication and unwilling to try, you want a juvenile hairline at a relatively young age, and you have a bleeding issue. There's a list of recommended surgeons on the site. Look at their results and pick a few whose work you like. Get consults with ALL of them, and at least one in person consultation with someone who will give you a graft count and a miniaturization examination.

An ethical surgeon isn't going to commit to a hairline that aggressive without looking for signs of future progression in other areas. You've repeatedly brought up family history, but that's no guarantee that you will follow that trend. That's the equivalent of hoping for the best, and it's a poor long-term strategy. You need a professional to literally examine your head with a microscope. If you don't do your due diligence the odds that you'll get fucked up long term increase substantially.

If you want a generic recommendation, fly to Hasson and Wong and pay to see one of their doctors in person (not a rep). They've been doing this a long time and have innovated a number of industry techniques. Be sure to disclose the factor nine issue and listen to what they say even if it isn't what you want to hear.

• Like 2

I agree with what was recommended:

1. I understand you want your juvenile hairline back, but: The hairline you drew is way lower than the 1/3 rule. 

2. Factor 9 deficiency  may affect growth, therefore it is wise t start with a small test case.

3. Most important is risk/benefit ratio: Such a low hairline might give you a small (!) cosmetic benefit when you are young and the results is super dense. But if the result is less dense it would look unnatural and much worse than now. A higher hairline which is less dense is much more common. 

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

I agree with what was recommended:

1. I understand you want your juvenile hairline back, but: The hairline you drew is way lower than the 1/3 rule. 

2. Factor 9 deficiency  may affect growth, therefore it is wise t start with a small test case.

3. Most important is risk/benefit ratio: Such a low hairline might give you a small (!) cosmetic benefit when you are young and the results is super dense. But if the result is less dense it would look unnatural and much worse than now. A higher hairline which is less dense is much more common. 

1) the hairline I drew is what it used to be and makes my upper third proportional to equal in length to my midface (glabella to subnasale), and to my lower third(subnasale to menton)

2) Factor 9 deficiency is just a bloodclotting disorder. (My hematologist nor did Dr.Paul Rose say it would affect the actual growth of my hair.

3) That's why I'm trying to find the best surgeon possible with the soonest availability.

If 1) is true than something is wrong with the picture you shared. Maybe the angles changes the proportions? This could be the reason for the reaction you receive here. 

Of course growth is not affected. But the question is, if this may lead to stronger blooding which makes it more difficult to place the grafts and might effect the body reconnecting the graft. 

This game is a lifelong fight. Nothing has to be done as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, stage3nw said:

no reputable surgeon will act on your impulse of "i'm thinking about now though" .... all hair transplant surgery is done with the future in mind - that's the hard truth because hair loss is progressive and no surgeon will look at your current situation as static - good luck to you

Edited by home1212

34 minutes ago, home1212 said:

Some people find it hard to take advice 

no reputable surgeon will act on your impulse of "i'm thinking about now though" .... all hair transplant surgery is done with the future in mind - that's the hard truth because hair loss is progressive and no surgeon will look at your current situation as static - good luck to you

Well Dr Paul Rose agreed to the widows peak hairline that I drew same with Dr. Konior. Neither felt that I was unreasonable. Otherwise they wouldn’t have agreed. 

Anyway, dr Hasson and Wong seem like a good option I liked their before and afters. They also have travel bundles. But are there any other surgeons in that league that are in the U.S. because Canada isn’t allowing tourism now.

Hello, I am new to this forum and I am looking for a doctor in the New York area, I had a consultation with a doc and NJ and luckily I am a good candidate for the FUE procedure. Here’s my dilemma,, how do I choose the best doctor to get the best, most undetectable look with the most realistic hairline and secondly, do I opt for the Artas robotic procedure? Any insight would be greatly appreciated, 

• Valued Contributor

Any surgeon who is willing to perform a hairline reconstruction to that of a teenager on anyone is a huge red flag!!! Don't make the mistake I made. By all means learn from my mistake. You want a hairline that you can grow into, not out of! Keep researching and I wish you all the best!

• Like 1

On 11/28/2020 at 8:54 PM, stage3nw said:

Dr konior sounded promising and said he could give me density with the line I drew. But I don’t wanna wait until 2022 to get my hair transplant.

There are a lot of cancellations due to Covid. I got mine with Konior 2 weeks after my first email to him.

Minoxidil 1x day

Stopped Fin due to sides

HT With Dr. Konior December 2020: https://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/anotherhairlossdude/4442

• Administrators
On 11/28/2020 at 6:38 AM, stage3nw said:

Who is the best surgeon that will be able to reconstruct my hairline to close to that of a teenager? Also, the surgeon needs to have availability before the summer of 2021. (Dr Konior is available in 2022).

First, how old are you? I don’t wanna sound rude but you sound like a bad candidate based on expectations alone.

• Like 2

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

18 minutes ago, anotherhairlosssufferer said:

There are a lot of cancellations due to Covid. I got mine with Konior 2 weeks after my first email to him.

You’re lucky!! I think I’m gonna go to Dr.Arocha btw instead of Dr.Lam. Any thoughts?