Anti-dandruff shampoo after HT

Hey guys, first time visiting this message board. It seems like a great community. I ran into an issue today, and I hope I can get advise.

I am now 10 days post HT. The instructions of my surgeon were to alternate shampoos (starting day 2 post op)- a medicated (antimicrobial) shampoo with a shampoo of my choice. For the later, the surgeon recommended Head and shoulders!

So for the past week Ive been alternating daily with these 2 shampoos. I have came across several posts today claiming that both these shampoos are way too harsh for new graphs. I am now wondering if I should switch head and shoulders for a baby shampoo. As of right now, I havent noticed any visible signs of damaged graphs from shampooing, but I don't want to risk this going forward. Any advice?       

I am very new to this procedure. So I don't know if I am overreacting 

Edited by Kevin8890

Once the crusts are ready to be removed, enough healing has taken place in the recipient area and IMHO the product Head and Shoulders should be fine to use.

I started using this shampoo approximately 2 months ago and it's the best product I have experienced...I wash my hair every third day.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY